Remove Birdshot/Birdboat From Rotation

Indie-ana Jones
Byond Username: Indie-ana Jones

Remove Birdshot/Birdboat From Rotation

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #705607

This map has been removed several times already and I think its due again for another removal. Birdshot is extremely unpopular amongst the playerbase and quite frankly, its not hard to see why. The map is a complete and utter mess of a layout, with departments slapped around, separated and mixed with random maints in between all of it. It generally only gets voted in as a prank by players who are done playing for the day and want to make other people suffer on the way out. I don't see any reason why we should keep the map in rotation.
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Re: Remove Birdshot/Birdboat From Rotation

Post by Turbonerd » #705683

This doesn't seem necessary. It's a decent map that will improve over time, especially with feedback.
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #705686

Birdshot is designed to be a deathtrap , a mess, and an absolute shithole. That was ALWAYS the point. It OOZES soul.

Is that the only reason people want it gone?
Hugs
DaydreamIQ
Byond Username: DaydreamIQ

Post by DaydreamIQ » #705687

This is one of those minefields where you can't really voice your opinion without someone going on a rant about how much effort map designers put into it. And I get it, Birdshot took a lot of effort...but I personally really hate how its become a map that kills the server pop every time its picked. Its gimmick really isn't something that should've been expected to be long lasting. Plus someone else also opened a thread about this last term and got soundly rejected.
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #705712

Maybe we should host a map survey? Lowpop maps usually come pretty low though (see kilo station)
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #705720

No.

E: Actually no, I changed my mind. Let's go back to only Meta. Just eliminate the problem wholesale.

E2:
DaydreamIQ wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 1:01 pm This is one of those minefields where you can't really voice your opinion without someone going on a rant about how much effort map designers put into it. And I get it, Birdshot took a lot of effort...but I personally really hate how its become a map that kills the server pop every time its picked. Its gimmick really isn't something that should've been expected to be long lasting. Plus someone else also opened a thread about this last term and got soundly rejected.
No, the only time this happens is if you act like an asshole about it. Giving criticism about a map is fine, but talking about how the map sucks shit and the mapper is awful for making it is going to get you yelled at.

Also worth noting that Zytolg is working on a major update for the map that reworks engineering to be less of a clusterfuck so I think removing it right now throws out the baby with the bathwater
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Fikou
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #705806

no
fikou: no
chesh: no