Could we start Halloween earlier this year?

The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Could we start Halloween earlier this year?

Post by The Wrench » #707185

See title, it’s a shame all of the Halloween races and station decorations are only out and about for 3 days.
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Re: Could we start Halloween earlier this year?

Post by TheBibleMelts » #707194

i asked the other heads couple days ago and they both told me no. i also think they would be a cool thing to have longer than a few days during the Spooky Season.
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #707199

Halloween is on a godamn Tuesday at least enable it for a weekend
Spoiler:
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #707241

The Halloween races are pretty disruptive, so it makes sense we don't do it for too long.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #707244

Turn the Halloween races loose on Campbell
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #707246

Vekter wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:53 am The Halloween races are pretty disruptive, so it makes sense we don't do it for too long.
Once a year event, there is very little harm in extending it for a few days to make it a week. I encourage Cheshify and Fikou to live a little and embrace the holiday spirit.
Spoiler:
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #707253

sinfulbliss wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:27 am
Vekter wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:53 am The Halloween races are pretty disruptive, so it makes sense we don't do it for too long.
Once a year event, there is very little harm in extending it for a few days to make it a week. I encourage Cheshify and Fikou to live a little and embrace the holiday spirit.
Something you're not privy to is the number of adminhelps we get on roughly the third day from people who are absolutely sick of it and would like us to turn it off.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

SkeletalElite
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Post by SkeletalElite » #707255

It should be turned on the Saturday before Halloween, but leave a server without it like campbell/bagil. If people don't want to play with it, they can play on those servers.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #707258

SkeletalElite wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:06 am It should be turned on the Saturday before Halloween, but leave a server without it like campbell/bagil. If people don't want to play with it, they can play on those servers.
This isn't really an option anymore with how LRP/MRP works. Bagil might work but then there's no actual alternative for MRP, because you would basically be forcing anyone in the US who doesn't want the Halloween races to play with 150ms+ ping.
Spoiler:

sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #707264

Vekter wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:44 am
Something you're not privy to is the number of adminhelps we get on roughly the third day from people who are absolutely sick of it and would like us to turn it off.
There will always be a handful of people that whine about things, the people enjoying it aren't going to be ahelping telling you how fun it is.
Most normal gamers play spaceman every few days and mostly on weekends, maybe the event should be catered to the average SS13 player and not the people playing 20 halloween rounds in 3 days in the middle of the week.
Spoiler:
Fikou
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #709064

Well, we were asked if we wanted it on for the full month of October, that's a bit more than the holiday spirit allows.
We'll enable it on Friday though, sure (in the codebase Halloween starts on the 29th, which would be Sunday by the way).
Fikou, Cheshify, TBM - +1