Does Flight Potion Still Make You Nonhuman?

GPeckman
Byond Username: GPeckman

Does Flight Potion Still Make You Nonhuman?

Post by GPeckman » #709218

First, a bit of history. Years ago, the fight potion lavaland loot that gives you functional wings used to change your species. As such, it understandably made you nonhuman for the purposes of Asimov. However that got changed a while ago. Now it just gives you the wings, kinda like if you surgically attached moth wings to a human. However, "angels/humans with wings" are still listed as nonhuman on the silipol page, and there is still a small basis for this code-wise. If you have flight potion wings, then you'll be listed as a "<species>-derived Mutant" by health analyzers, as opposed to just "<species>".

So, is the silicon policy page just outdated, or is there a reason why having wings makes you nonhuman?

I'd argue that it shouldn't make you nonhuman, for consistency reasons. It means that surgically adding or removing flight potion wings can change whether a person is human or not. But that doesn't apply to any other organ or bodypart. If you slap a lizard tail and moth wings on a human, then they're still considered human. I don't see why flight potion wings should be different.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: Does Flight Potion Still Make You Nonhuman?

Post by Vekter » #709223

No, the wiki is outdated. I will once again yell at the head admins to update it.

E: I was trusting you on this, but I can't actually find anything anywhere that says that ruling was ever changed. What basis are you stating that they don't make you non-human on?
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Fikou
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Re: Does Flight Potion Still Make You Nonhuman?

Post by Fikou » #709224

Both the code and policy page say it makes you nonhuman, so it makes you nonhuman.
The health analyzer is your to-go tool.