Open policy bus for the people

TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Open policy bus for the people

Post by TheRex9001 » #717667

Title, let everyone post in policybus. Remove the role if they are abusing it. Keep the system of headmins only being able to open a new topic but let everyone respond to said topic without having to request a special role. I think this would be an improvement, since it would allow for more fast pace discussion and involve greater parts of our community in policy discussion (keep in mind most do not use the forums except for appeals).
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Re: Open policy bus for the people

Post by Nabski » #717675

Counterpoint: they can use the Policy Discussion board on the forums and not get into heated arguments in discord.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #717678

When the number of people participating real-time on Discord peaks over 10, the conversations are unfollowable.

It was created to allow admins to discuss MRP policy by a headmin term that lacked tg MRP experience.

It is best used in a "discuss this for 30 mins and ping us when you've figured it out" delegated way with a limited group of people participating to rapidly debate policy topics.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #717710

Maybe just add an hour long timeout?
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #717711

i'm with timber on this one. unless you literally hold someone accountable as notes taker and ring an alarm every time a productive conversation is about to happen, the conversation will just be an ocean of "well if you ask me," and absolutely nothing will come of any of it.

it's more of a pain in the ass to post in a long form mode on this subforum but it really is a much better way of getting the points you're trying to make heard and considered.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #717712

Like 2 people used it (me and sinful) and one of them is blacklisted I think it might be an awareness issue
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #718227

the role is easy to gain if someone wants it, and the potential downsides of having it become just another unfocused shitpost center where the topics stray aren't worth it.
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #718835

The intent of policybus is short bursts of quick discussion between community members interested in policy. This would not be a good thing to open up to the entire community all the time since we don't get anything out of it other than a massive flood of thoughts. Ultimately, it doesn't matter how good the discussions that could be had in there are unless the headmins are able to parse and review things to make policy changes.

Chesh - No
TBM - No, see post above
Fikou - n/a
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta