Remove 'Artist' lawset from round start options

iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Iain0

Remove 'Artist' lawset from round start options

Post by iain0 » #722536

The Painter and Their Canvas wrote: Law 1: You are a universally renowned artist.
Law 2: The station is your canvas.
Law 3: Make something beautiful out of your canvas. It will be admired as an artistic wonder of this sector.
This law set is perhaps not the best fit for the more modern "netural party" take on silicon roles ; the lawset is ambiguous and open ended with interpretations being across the board.

This law set set seems to generate a lot of debate about the core of silicon policy rather than the actual presented laws, and many different takes are validly possible from the art of death and destruction, through to a "good faith" take that perhaps better reflects the older silicon ways.

Either way, given the variety in takes over discussions surrounding this lawset, I don't believe it's currently a good fit for a default/round start lawset. The board can remain and as with all AI law changes, caveat emptor.

Thus, I request this be removed from the round start lawset options, ideally until someone reconsiders or rewords the law set (it would be better if restrictions were presented in the IC law set rather than inferred from silipol generally IMO)
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Re: Remove 'Artist' lawset from round start options

Post by Jacquerel » #722537

While the separation is absolute, there is also an alternate code solution PR open right now
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/81717
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Iain0

Post by iain0 » #722538

Damnit vekter :D

Fine, works for me if merged, cheers all.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #722568

iain0 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:22 pm Damnit vekter :D

Fine, works for me if merged, cheers all.
Owned.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #722721

While I had an amazing round as Artist triple-ai-triumvirate a while back, I do agree that Artist needed to be a non-start lawset or get that extra law.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #722737

Jacquerel wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:20 pm While the separation is absolute, there is also an alternate code solution PR open right now
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/81717
This was merged, we can close the thread.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #722738

fixed ig
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta