Changelings Should be Exempt from Brainwashing and Zombie Directives

NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Changelings Should be Exempt from Brainwashing and Zombie Directives

Post by NoxVS » #723132

I would like to apologize in advance for tearing a hole in the nice and simple flowchart we currently have.

Flavorwise, it makes sense that changelings would be exempt from these directives. They are biological monsters that should have the ability to manipulate their own body with ease. They already can’t be borged and don’t need a brain, so these directives are being applied to a brain that isn’t actually being used.

Mechanically, changelings have multiple methods to immediately cure themselves of both conditions while also being inherent to and built into their status as a changeling, and it feels really weird for them to be unable to use any of them. Anatomic panacea cures traumas (curing the brainwashing) and causes them to spit out the tumor (curing the zombification). Alternatively they can use last resort to become a headslug. Those aren’t available? You can just cut your head off. You don’t need a head to live as a changeling, so decapitation doesn’t kill you but does remove any brain or tumor.

I believe changelings should be free to ignore those antag directives if they wish - They're already antagonists so it's not like this deprives them of options. They still have the freedom to follow them for the hell of it, they just aren't obligated to do so. Aside from these two directives (And I guess maybe obsession, even though that's not really relevant) nothing is changed, and changelings are still obligated to follow higher directives such as revs or cult.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Re: Changelings Should be Exempt from Brainwashing and Zombie Directives

Post by MooCow12 » #723402

NoxVS wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:21 pm They already can’t be borged and don’t need a brain,
They can be borged by
Polymorph, nanite virus, malf ai's robot factory

They keep their abilities but cant use any except hivemind chat i think.

Should their fleshy brain be able to sprout limbs outside of the borg to inject people with their stings? should they be able to screech? should they be able to ignore laws because their brain is their vessel and should be able to break out of their container at any time? i dont know. but currently they cant.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
Yulice
Byond Username: Yulice

Post by Yulice » #723542

Polymorph is magic, nanite virus can be cured I'm pretty sure, and malf AI robot factory is incredibly lame anyway; I've already heard the horror stories of ai's buying factory and ending up with 12 soulless borgs around it.
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #723543

Yulice wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:23 am {...} malf AI robot factory is incredibly lame anyway; I've already heard the horror stories of ai's buying factory and ending up with 12 soulless borgs around it.
I don't blame people for doing that in the slightest. borgs suck mega pp and the people who like playing borgs/AI are the kind of people I wouldn't trust to not stick their johnson in a toaster if left alone with it.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
zergking
Byond Username: Zergking

Post by zergking » #723600

Yulice wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:23 am Polymorph is magic, nanite virus can be cured I'm pretty sure, and malf AI robot factory is incredibly lame anyway; I've already heard the horror stories of ai's buying factory and ending up with 12 soulless borgs around it.
As a note, this is actionable under the same rules that make it so you can't kill yourself if you get converted by revs or blood brothers.
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #724593

I agree, they can already purge these directives
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #724605

I think without going too deeply if a Changeling can cure themselves from something they're fine to do so.

Not sure how this is going to change the graph.