Let's add an extra prisoner slot.

Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Let's add an extra prisoner slot.

Post by Constellado » #723892

Manuel tends to max out on pop a lot, and there are multiple people that want to play as prisoner as a main. There are not enough slots for the amount of players that want to play it.

All the prisons have enough beds for atleast three people, and it is much more fun playing prisoner with multiple other prisoners at once.
Two prisoners feels like too little. Let's make it three.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
IsaacExists
Byond Username: IsaacExists

Re: Let's add an extra prisoner slot.

Post by IsaacExists » #723911

Controversial take, but I believe the Prisoner role needs more things to do and more restrictions on bad behavior.

Not the point though- +1 to adding another slot, because 3 is better than 2. Maybe. Hopefully. Wardens be damned. Also, I've seen a lot of prisoner mains popping up and being very very persistent with their characters. Surprisingly, the lack of things to do is not a deterrent to the role, and many have been staying in the prison for months on end, OOC wise. Though it's also understandable why an emphasis on outside roles is placed and the scarcity of roles that don't bring any actual roleplay value outside of their own cell block.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #723978

I really don't like the idea of us using prisoner as an "overflow slot" job. It's not there for people to have a job slot for when they don't want to do a job or can't get their preferred one, it's there for RP purposes.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
DrAmazing343
Byond Username: DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #724044

Vekter wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:56 am I really don't like the idea of us using prisoner as an "overflow slot" job.
I think the idea of this post is not using it as an overflow job slot, but rather that many people DO genuinely want to use to job for roleplaying purposes. Three prisoners means more roleplay for the roleplay jobs, which is what we want. I don't foresee Tider McMaintenance making up all three of the slots, or overflowing to prisoner rather than assistant.
Walter brought back Crack.
MrrFiish
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: MrrFiish

Post by MrrFiish » #724072

I agree 100% more prisoners = more fun
warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Post by warbluke » #724080

MrrFiish wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:44 am I agree 100% more prisoners = more fun
100% more fun?
BlueMemesauce
Byond Username: BlueMemesauce

Post by BlueMemesauce » #724109

100% more prisoners would be 4 prisoners
DaydreamIQ
Byond Username: DaydreamIQ

Post by DaydreamIQ » #724120

Tbh if every map had a prison like icebox I'd play prisoner more, so +1 for all the people who can put up with that shit
Higgin
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Higgin

Post by Higgin » #724131

All prisoners spawn in with the following policy text, which should govern their interactions through the shift (or face administrative action):

You are not an antagonist. Remember: you did sign up for this role. If you should want to walk the halls of the station once more, you should earn your freedom, whether by escaping your confines or working with security/lawyers to determine terms of release. You might prove to be valuable manpower against the various threats the station professes.
If you should wish to escape, minimize harm while preserving your own life, and understand that you may not enjoy the consequences of your actions if you get caught once more.
Otherwise, enjoy the amenities of the wing that holds you.
I've got some reservations about this to the extent that escaping gives you room to help get security killed or otherwise fuck their days up without actually making the clicks yourself. I think the current policy somewhat smuggles that in with the idea that escape is a legit reason to aid an antagonist.

This is natural on the one hand and it fits the idea of being able to earn your way out by escaping.

On the other, it means adding more prisoner slots potentially tips the scales even harder on security using a part of their department that at a certain point Space Law and policy (particularly on MRP) are going to require them to use. More people are going to be able to roll in to tip that balance whether there's a full sec stack or one detective who can't remember his own name.

I don't like the idea of that. I'd like some sort of popscaling of prisoners to the number of security in the round. I'd even be fine with latejoin prisoners (which might be necessary if you're gonna scale off sec pops) and a bureaucratic error flooding the station with 9000 of them if for one officer you didn't end up with nine voluntary antag tagalongs immediately busting loose in perma or waiting to stomp the guy who just showed up to drop off a heretic rather than condemn them to instant death (more of an MRP issue here, again.)

It also can suck for prisoner as a role to be one where you join and are heavily dependent on people who might not even be there to interact with the round or deal with problems. Some of that is also "the cost of not having security" that might be argued as a reason to allow more prisoners, but I don't think it's necessarily good to inflict on either side.

Three rather than two prisoner slots probably wouldn't make much of a difference to how it feels most of the time - it'd probably make it better if more people want to play prisoner and do that second bit, "enjoy the amenities."

The more you add without checking for people who are actually there to work with them or oppose their allowed mischief, the more likely you're gonna make every round that makes people flatly say "remove prisoner, this role is being used to grief, it sucks" valid in their views.
► Show Spoiler
feedback appreciated here <3
Yulice
Byond Username: Yulice

Post by Yulice » #724142

Should be map dependent tbh. Something like icebox or Tram with a larger brig is probably better to have more prisoners on, vs meta and delta's rather teensy sized prison
DaBoss
Byond Username: VICIOUS O REILLY

Post by DaBoss » #724185

There should be a space for a new perma prisoner even if all prisoner slots are taken, for every map in rotation. Currently that's 3 rooms on deltastation. If perma is full round-start then it stops you being able to throw actual criminals in there which is ass. If the maps were changed to be 4+ spaces in every perma, then sure. Otherwise no.
dragomagol
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Post by dragomagol » #724260

There are now 3 prisoner slots, all shall be incarcerated.
AKA tattle

Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler: