[POLL] Ghosting

Should ghosting remain as an easy out?

Yes, players should be able to ghost to avoid containment set up by other players and still rejoin the round with Science respawn roles/random antagonist roles
64%
Yes, players should be able to ghost but should be blacklisted from all antagonist rolls/respawn options for the duration of the round
24%
No, the option to ghost serves no constructive purpose and should be removed or restricted.
13%

Total votes: 72

Scones
Byond Username: Scones

[POLL] Ghosting

Post by Scones » #102167

It strikes me as odd that we allow ghosting. My problem with it is really that it can be used to escape perma/sanitarium, where people have taken time to remove you from the round likely due to you either being a caught antagonist or a shitter, and then your ghost is able to rejoin the round as a posibrain/golem. Going catatonic to escape Security custody and being able to get right back into the round with posibrains, golems, and even worse, antagonist rolls, is pretty stupid. It is distinctly unpleasant to go through the effort of catching a particularly unruly criminal and putting them away, only to have them allowed to escape their body and rejoin the round in another (potentially very powerful and significant form: Ninjas, Aliens, posibrains in mechs/AI/borgs).

I put this in policy discussion because it seemed more suiting than feedback.

Personally, I think we should keep ghosting - But ghosted ghosts should have some sort of flag that prevents them from rejoining the round in any shape sans admin intervention.
Last edited by Scones on Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Re: Ghosting

Post by Steelpoint » #102168

Is there a way to code a solution where if you ghost while inside anywhere inside security forfeits your ability to return to the round? The problem there however is that you'll likely get more people ghosting when they've been captured by security if they know of this.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #102170

Steelpoint wrote:Is there a way to code a solution where if you ghost while inside anywhere inside security forfeits your ability to return to the round? The problem there however is that you'll likely get more people ghosting when they've been captured by security if they know of this.
This is why ghosting, ever, in general, should in my opinion restrict you from potential respawn.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #102175

I thought ghosting while alive prevented you from rejoining the round?
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #102176

Scones wrote:
Steelpoint wrote:Is there a way to code a solution where if you ghost while inside anywhere inside security forfeits your ability to return to the round? The problem there however is that you'll likely get more people ghosting when they've been captured by security if they know of this.
This is why ghosting, ever, in general, should in my opinion restrict you from potential respawn.
"Ever, in general" is going to make golem runes difficult, because those require ghosts.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #102178

The crux of what is being suggested is that if you ghost, or possible suicide, your disallowed from rejoining the round unless a admin ticks a box allowing you to do so.

However dying in any other capacity won't impede you from rejoining the round.
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Post by Incoming » #102179

Technically speaking, getting mad that a player ghosted and came back in another form is metagrudging. They aren't the same entity, you aren't supposed to connect those dots (and they aren't supposed to either).

Also you guys begged for more ways back into the round when people die then get mad when people are tempted into dying so they can use those methods you asked for? What?
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
Tokiko2
Byond Username: Tokiko1

Post by Tokiko2 » #102182

I can't quite understand the reasoning behind this. Being executed by security or suiciding in perma is fine, but ghosting if you get trapped somehow is not?
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #102186

Bad idea, security arrests should be and remain IC punishments only
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #102190

oranges wrote:Bad idea, security arrests should be and remain IC punishments only
If someone gets caught being an antag, their round is effectively over. I see no reason they shouldn't be able to re-enter as a golem.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Arete
Byond Username: Arete

Post by Arete » #102191

If you ghost in security custody and you're an antag, it means you tried to do something risky to spice things up on the station but ended up getting caught. You, the player, shouldn't be punished for that, because risky things are what antags are supposed to do.

If you ghost in security custody and you're not an antag, it means you were probably being a low-level shitter and you got put away so that you'd stop annoying people. You shouldn't be rewarded for that with an antag pick.

I would support the code making this distinction.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #102193

A 'risky' action as a antag could just be something as simple as failing to shoot someone.
Kelenius
Byond Username: Kelenius

Post by Kelenius » #102194

So, when you are thrown into perma, you are supposed to stare at the wall, lest you somehow manage to get back into round because that would be terrible.

How about no. Just punish people if they metagame/metagrudge. Don't blanket punish everyone. What if HoS is a shithead and puts people into perma? What if you get trapped there due to an explosion?
Tornadium
Byond Username: Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #102197

Kelenius wrote:So, when you are thrown into perma, you are supposed to stare at the wall, lest you somehow manage to get back into round because that would be terrible.

How about no. Just punish people if they metagame/metagrudge. Don't blanket punish everyone. What if HoS is a shithead and puts people into perma? What if you get trapped there due to an explosion?
This is next to impossible to enforce, especially with the amount of people who meta communicate and aren't retarded enough to make it obvious.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #102198

Also perma is literally a fate worse than death
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #102203

This is a terrible idea, and I clicked the wrong Poll option too.

This is just the ol' "AMG HE DIDNT W-W-WANNA LOOKAT A WALL FOR SIXTY MINUTES AND WENT TO GO WATCH THE CLOWN REMOVE PLEASE" that crops up now and again. Nothing new to see here.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #102206

This is not disallowing you from ghosting, it just means if you ghost while still alive you won't get picked for a antag slot or be able to enter a positronic brain/golum rune/drone shell/etc.
Actionb
Byond Username: Actionb

Post by Actionb » #102209

Killing yourself without explicitly suiciding/ghosting is only impossible if you are being kept cuffed (or in a straight jacket). Short of an antag using you as a torture victim or you being too impatient to resist out of cuffs, there's no way you can't just beat yourself into crit + succumb.
In short: you can't stop a convict from ghosting. So stop trying to invent a policy that would require a paid lawyer in order to work.

If there's a shitler repeatedly ghosting out of perma just to fuck up your round, ahelp it. That's what admins are for, handling issues that became OOC from initially being IC: You arrested Shitler McAss for IC reasons, but he comes back as Golem 832 with OOC knowledge to keep on being a tit.

Perma'ing somebody to penalize the player (although some players really deserve it) behind the character is an OOC reason in and of itself. You shouldn't really think this way. :roll:
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #102217

Do we actually need ghosting?

Suicide and beating yourself to death sure, but ghosting is a weird thing.

I'm not about to remove ghosting I'm just wishfully imagining shitlers being less inclined to be cunts if the final consequence could be being strapped in the loony bin with no way out.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #102220

Ghosting is a purely OOC action, whilst suicide is more IC. If someone commits suicide, they're dead, but can be brought back with enough effort. You might commit suicide because of RP reasons, like "I'm that syndicate guy's target and if I don't commit suicide he'll kill everyone", et cetera...

...whereas ghosting is an OOC indication that you won't be playing as that character for the rest of the round, for whatever reason. Sure, it might be because you've been thrown in perma, or it might be because you've reached a satisfying conclusion to your solo space adventure and feel like talking to deadchat without committing suicide (which inherently leaves a dead body, and all the problems that come with it).

There's nothing wrong with ghosting in itself when compared to committing suicide; they just indicate a different level of 'I'm out'. If someone ghosts in perma, good, that means they can't try and escape. If they use knowledge of their past character as a golem (etc)? Adminhelp and ding dong bannu.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #102224

The thing is people need a way to choose if they want to leave a character/round.
It can be frustrating being perma'd for legitimate reasons really early on in the game and then having to just watch.
In the same way as admins try to bring ghosts back into the round or end the round if their are lots waiting, there shouldn't really be a bias over who is chosen.

I mean dying early and being perma'd early are unfortunate consequences of the game, but why should we reward one set of people and punish the other. You have no idea what in game actions have lead to that point.

For example: death can often be from antags "going loud", perma could be more likely antags being caught in the act of something sneakier and such. Why reward the loud option over the sneeky but bad luck?

Most people are capable of understanding and obeying the 'New life rule' so it shouldn't really be an issue in that context.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #102227

Lets face facts,

It is retarded that I can try to go loud in the first 20 seconds, get caught and perma'd and then immediately ghost out and go play as something else.

I fucked up, the majority don't get a second chance so why should I when I already had antag.
Doritos
Byond Username: Zaross

Post by Doritos » #102229

>oh no my rule-enabled grief isn't sticking make them be out FOREVER

lmao holy shit
lol
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #102230

Doritos wrote:>oh no my rule-enabled grief isn't sticking make them be out FOREVER

lmao holy shit
Hell at least make antags that round blacklisted from random antags for the remainder.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #102232

I'm fine with people ghosting in custody. Means I won't have to deal with them down the line. There's no satisfaction in punishing a person that isn't greater enhanced by that person essentially executing themselves.

As for them being able to get back into the round, so what? So long as they don't end up playing the same character, that's fine. The most common ways to reenter, drones cyborgs and golems, all have potentially very strict lawsets (although some scientists do say 'golem, be free').

Equally, they all have major disadvantages. Cyborgs don't have hands, drones can't interact with beings, golems are slower (this is a really big deal if we're thinking about greytiding) and can't use guns. The other options, things like ninja and alien, are pretty rare and I'm not really that bothered because they're not greytiding positions. They're powerful positions, sure, but they have strict objectives.

Nobody is going to greytide from the dead, and if they were mean as an antag, who cares? That's just good antagging. Any ghost has the same opportunities: it's not like "most people don't get second chances": we all get second chances. This is fine and I see absolutely no reason why that should change.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #102238

Cheimon wrote:I'm fine with people ghosting in custody. Means I won't have to deal with them down the line. There's no satisfaction in punishing a person that isn't greater enhanced by that person essentially executing themselves.
My favorite thing was watching a mad greyshirt kill himself just outside the brig,
(F) [Security] Frank Weast says, "Bill, I am brigging this man's corpse for the crime of being a big fat baby on the station"
(F) [Security] Jim Ebola says, "Thats the worst crime possible"

But yeah really, dragging a dude to the brig and he goes braindead? Hell yeah less work, shove him in the ward or the airlock if you're feeling fancy.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #102243

I have issue with people ghosting in custody, but I do not have issue with them rejoining the round. I like the RP that plays out (albeit increasingly rarely) when a noteworthy antag is finally brought into the brig, I think people should be forced to wait until they're executed or thrown in perma to then suicide.
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #102277

I suppose admins could tag the more infamous antags of the round as unable to ghost out, so when they're caught they're forced to be in the round.
Xhagi
Byond Username: Aliannera

Post by Xhagi » #102291

What about those who ghost when captured by someone other than sec because they're antag, such as those that ghost when captured by a cult or shadowling, or those that ghost when held by, or sealed away somewhere, by an antag?

I'm guilty of ghosting due to shadowling, but that's because I hate being a thrall only to later explode and get nothing out of what I did helping. There's no reward for it other than letting someone go full murderboner as a god. Granted, I also understand I'm removing myself from the round so I don't think there should be a punishment for it. I'm just talking of other cases than "Sec capture antag, antag ghosts." There are many other reasons someone may choose to give up the ghost.
Professional Catgirl and Gayboy Supreme.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #102292

There is some precedent for banning people from antag roles during team antags if they intentionally fuck over/get caught and ghost immediately.
Most notable examples are people ghosting immediately once they get loyalty implanted during Rev/Gang or go out of their way to get the implant removed to get reconverted.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #102293

Ghosting is absolutely necessary for people who actually have lives outside 2D spessmen and may have to stop playing 2D spessmen because said real lives interfere. This isn't Poopsock Wizard Simulator 2555. If people abuse ghosting to roll for antag again or screw over team antags, BAN THEIR ASS and don't ruin ghosting for the rest of us.
Last edited by bandit on Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #102295

Security's obsession with removing players from the round is ridiculous.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #102296

bandit wrote:Ghosting is absolutely necessary for people who actually have lives outside 2D spessmen and may have to stop playing 2D spessmen because said real lives interfere. This isn't Poopsock Wizard Simulator 2555.
You can just stop playing. People ghost out when caught and stay in the game observing/waiting to be pulled back into the round.
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #102305

Ghosting stops you being picked for stuff that doesn't require a confirmation, like alien or wizard. You can still enter a positronic brain.
I play Boris Pepper.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #102308

If people can't ghost while alive in perma they'll just beat themselves with objects until dead and then ghost, won't really change very much.
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #102321

Jacquerel wrote:If people can't ghost while alive in perma they'll just beat themselves with objects until dead and then ghost, won't really change very much.
And if you remove harmful objects from perma, they can just punch themselves to death.
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #102324

Ikarrus wrote:Security's obsession with removing players from the round is ridiculous.
As the target for 85%+ of the shittery on the station can you really blame a security officer for wanting someone gone?
ThatSlyFox
Byond Username: ThatSlyFox

Post by ThatSlyFox » #102355

Ikarrus wrote:Security's obsession with removing players from the round is ridiculous.
Pretty much the reason why the implants, besides loyalty, are rarely used.
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Post by invisty » #102356

oranges wrote:Bad idea, security arrests should be and remain IC punishments only
Opting out of role-playing the second you get busted by sec is a terrible thing to do and destroys any sort of meaningful IC interaction. This behaviour ought to be punished, as it goes against the spirit of role-playing.
Also, this.

The frequency at which the gulag or tracking implants are used is saddening. It's almost like sec want you to willingly commit suicide as a means of declaring defeat and acquiescence. Lethal injections/gassing/spacing are actually comparatively rare compared to the old straight-into-perma behaviour. Perhaps it's a matter of convenience?
Last edited by invisty on Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mime: Depresso
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #102358

Except, nobody roleplays unless on Basil.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Kelenius
Byond Username: Kelenius

Post by Kelenius » #102378

>Roleplay.

Please. You can't just go and enforce heavy roleplay in this specific instance because "this is a roleplaying game". /tg/ is a very light RP.

Besides

>Being put into perma
>RP

Please.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #102380

invisty wrote:
Opting out of role-playing the second you get busted by sec is a terrible thing to do and destroys any sort of meaningful IC interaction. This behaviour ought to be punished, as it goes against the spirit of role-playing.
I'm afraid I disagree completely - we don't hold people to the highest standards of roleplay, so why should we force them to suffer consequences for not engaging in a specific type of ic interaction? I like that people can choose to engage and I feel that this is a policy that would be more suited for a high roleplay server like bay.
Last edited by oranges on Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Post by Incoming » #102384

Coding as automatic administration is never a good idea. It's amazingly subjective and often overreaching.

If you catch a guy and he ghosts immediately, point it out. If it keeps happening, complain.
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
Kangaraptor
Byond Username: Kangaraptor

Post by Kangaraptor » #102424

Kelenius wrote:>Roleplay.

Please. You can't just go and enforce heavy roleplay in this specific instance because "this is a roleplaying game". /tg/ is a very light RP.

Besides

>Being put into perma
>RP

Please.
To add onto this:

/tg/ station is only 'roleplay' in the sense that you assume a 'role' when you start the game. It fulfills the barest, technical definition of the term (and even then I'd argue it barely does that).

You can't use roleplay as an excuse for punishing people - especially OOC - unless you're willing to make the whole server environment a stricter roleplay environment. You can't gimp one person or group of people because 'muh roleplays' while yourself being able to essentially act as you, the player and not your assumed character.
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #102530

DemonFiren wrote:Except, nobody roleplays unless on Basil.
People don't actually roleplay with antags on Basil. Basil is where all the l33t powergamers hang out and chat while waiting for something to come along to be wordlessly annihilated with exploited weapons.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #102541

Dorsi, cannot tell if serious.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #102543

DemonFiren wrote:Dorsi, cannot tell if serious.
Yeah, it should be that they hang out waiting for someone who is not a friend of theirs to come along and wordlessly annihilate them.
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #102549

oranges wrote:
invisty wrote:
I'm afraid I disagree completely - we don't hold people to the highest standards of roleplay, so why should we force them to suffer consequences for not engaging in a specific type of ic interaction? I like that people can choose to engage and I feel that this is a policy that would be more suited for a high roleplay server like bay.
I don't think it's a "high roleplay" kind of thing.

I honestly think it's rather bullshit for someone who was fucking with sec and gets caught after making the last 30 minutes miserable to then be able to immediately ghost and rejoin the round in a brain or as a random antag. If you ghost or suicide while in custody (perhaps some kind of custody implant even) then you shouldn't be able to freely go play another character.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #102561

Tornadium wrote:I honestly think it's rather bullshit for someone who was fucking with sec and gets caught after making the last 30 minutes miserable to then be able to immediately ghost and rejoin the round in a brain or as a random antag. If you ghost or suicide while in custody (perhaps some kind of custody implant even) then you shouldn't be able to freely go play another character.
Why not?
Like honestly, what is the problem with that?
Once they're perma-ed you might as well treat them as dead because there's shit-all else they are going to manage to do. If they're essentially dead, why not add them to the list of extra antag candidates?

It's not like xenos, ninjas, or other returned-ghost creatures come along every round anyway, or that they're immediately snatched up by perma prisoners every time before all the "legitimate" ghosts can get to them.
If someone is locked up in the brig they are not going to be making anyone's round more interesting, and they will be bored. If they are turned into an apprentice or a golem or whatever, they'll be having more fun, and other people will also be having more fun (they either get a minion, or they have more interesting antagonists to deal with).

Enforcing that once people get permaed they just log off and wait for the next round (except for maybe two minutes of pretending there's a point in struggling as they are brought to the escape shuttle, if security even bothers to do that) doesn't really serve anyone. It's in your interest to keep players interested so that they want to play more, and it's also in your interest for mid-round antagonists to draw from ghosts to keep the rounds interesting and surprising.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #102565

Ghosting is a fine way to deal with some broken situations. I would personally have my characters beat themselves into crit but then I have the same objection to suicide verbs.