HoPs opening a shitton of clown slots as nonantag

kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

HoPs opening a shitton of clown slots as nonantag

Post by kevinz000 » #108895

I've seen many HoPs open a TON of clown slots (7 clowns? Really?)
This isn't directly grief HOWEVER
In my experience I can safely say clowns help each other all the time
Just this round I had my things stolen and spam disarmed, and attacked, by literally every clown in the game
It makes security hard to play if you're going to have to deal with a tide of clowns who have pdas that slip you long enough to get you cuffed
Basiclly, HoPs who do that are just causing a whole ton of greytiding problems.
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Re: HoPs opening a shitton of clown slots as nonantag

Post by Oldman Robustin » #108898

That's just... meh, ok in small doses.

On the other hand every goddamn round Dmitri Borochev or whatever does a 3-roll, 5% each, chance to get all-access every round. On average about 2 crew walk away with all access and if its cult/rev/gang then it's GG. Even if it's not there's a period of chaos after while some greyshit loots all the departments, or the Captain tries to step in and there's a goddamn riot because Cap/Sec have to remove the goddamn HoP while a bunch of bored crew sit outside in an all-access frenzy ready to start attacking sec or "VIOLATING HoP'S RIGHTS" or whatever.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #108901

It's absolutely IC reason to strip them of their job and potentially send them to an extended prison stay.

If the Clown population becomes problematic to the point where it is actively severely adversely affecting the round, admins should probably get involved.

Someone got permabanned a while ago in part over Clown incidents happening time and time again (And I was the HoS, as I recall). This should set the precedent for further Clownbringers.

Regarding all-access, people who consistently abuse the job and its privileges get said privileges taken away.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #108910

It's one of those 'fine, as long as you don't do it every round as HoP' things. Definitely a viable reason to demote him straight-up though, and it's very easily noticeable, so it's an IC issue.

Instead, as HoP I just flood the station with 8 wardens or lawyers. It's more amusing.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #108911

Yeah, I feel like I've seen this slightly too often but it's not necessarily ridiculous if only done once.

It does cause a massive hassle to the security crew on the station if (when) the clowns decide to bait them, though.
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #108919

I dunno, It happens, but I don't feel like it's become too common, I'm not a fan of it when it does as I'm security, but HoPs are not the princes of the station, It can be challenging, but not impossible to topple them for this, and the clowns rarely have any loyalty towards the HoP in question because deep down they know the HoP is a cock anyways.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #108987

Falamazeer wrote:I dunno, It happens, but I don't feel like it's become too common, I'm not a fan of it when it does as I'm security, but HoPs are not the princes of the station, It can be challenging, but not impossible to topple them for this, and the clowns rarely have any loyalty towards the HoP in question because deep down they know the HoP is a cock anyways.
Challenging? Once they open three clown slots permabrig them without a chance of leaving and promote someone else to fill the job, then if they open a single clown slow just execute them and let the captain take over. The HoP is not implanted, you can't trust them not to be a seditious agent.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #109028

callanrockslol wrote:
Falamazeer wrote:I dunno, It happens, but I don't feel like it's become too common, I'm not a fan of it when it does as I'm security, but HoPs are not the princes of the station, It can be challenging, but not impossible to topple them for this, and the clowns rarely have any loyalty towards the HoP in question because deep down they know the HoP is a cock anyways.
Challenging? Once they open three clown slots permabrig them without a chance of leaving and promote someone else to fill the job, then if they open a single clown slow just execute them and let the captain take over. The HoP is not implanted, you can't trust them not to be a seditious agent.
As a captain, a security officer who executes my HOP for opening a couple of clown slots is going out the airlock, plain and simple.

Unless a swarm of clowns is overtaking/griffing the station and they're still opening the slots, who gives a shit?
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #109083

I've said before the problem with this is that the head of personnel office is restricted to only him and the captain.

When it was all heads access a HoP being a chucklefuck would quickly find themselves getting dunked.
Kelenius
Byond Username: Kelenius

Post by Kelenius » #109089

Why should the HoP be punished for opening clown slots? Unless he's giving them access, if the clown decides to go and griff, it's the clown's fault. In case you feel like comparing it to uploading laws to the AI, clowns don't have rules telling them to be shits.
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #109097

Kelenius wrote:Why should the HoP be punished for opening clown slots? Unless he's giving them access, if the clown decides to go and griff, it's the clown's fault. In case you feel like comparing it to uploading laws to the AI, clowns don't have rules telling them to be shits.
That's true in theory, In practice, they know what they are enabling, and it rarely goes well, It's like yelling out a bomb code then shrugging your shoulders and saying "well I can't be held responsible for someone sending the code to the bomb I didn't do anything."

Clowns in mass are a problem, players who don't know that shouldn't be playing HoP anyways, Not saying it should be job-bannable, but they have no right to feign ignorance of the problem. or complain when they get phucked for it.

I see both sides of the issue, It can be fun to be a clown amongst clowns, but it can also be a nightmare for security if the clowns get justified and decide to take matters into their clumsy clown hands.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #109108

Because, if the HoP didn't open slots, it wouldn't happen
I'm not really picking on the occasional clown flood
But this was made right it happend SEVERAL ROUNDS IN A ROW
Clowns baited security (oh guess what I was security) and harrassed them all round
Wouldn't be a problem but apparently when there's a certain amount of clowns critical mass occurs and they all collectively shit on everyone and especially security
And it's even worse when the HoP is so shit he gives one of them all access
that will very quickly end up in 8 all access clowns and probably a lot of other people with all access... because they're clowns.

Clowns are literally worse then a buncha greytiding assistants to deal with. Oh this doesn't mean the assistants and other greytiders won't join in with "CLOWN RIGHTS" "RELEASE THE CLOWNS"
Oh, and if you try to arrest the hop, the people he enabled and maybe even gave all access to probably will try to save him from you. Which ends up in riots.

TL;DR, clowns are just slightly more funny but way worse greytiders then most assistents, and that causes a problem.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #109125

Malkevin wrote:I've said before the problem with this is that the head of personnel office is restricted to only him and the captain.

When it was all heads access a HoP being a chucklefuck would quickly find themselves getting dunked.
No heads of staff have access to each other's offices. I support HoS extreme access levels for these situations but HE CODE 2 BUFF HIMSELF.

Regarding everything else said here I think what I posted earlier should be considered a judgement on this. It's common sense.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #109144

Scones wrote:
Malkevin wrote:I've said before the problem with this is that the head of personnel office is restricted to only him and the captain.

No heads of staff have access to each other's offices. I support HoS extreme access levels for these situations but HE CODE 2 BUFF HIMSELF.

Regarding everything else said here I think what I posted earlier should be considered a judgement on this. It's common sense.
Yeah... now

But in ye olde days the HoP access was open to all heads.
And its not his office, its his work place.
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #109189

So the HoP is the only job on the station aside from Assistants that shouldn't get literally any space that's just for them? Come on, Malk. I know for a fact you wouldn't feel that way if your main was HoP, because I know how you'd react if somebody suggested that all Heads should get all Security access in case Shitcurity ever happens.
RIP
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #109192

Hibbles wrote:I know how you'd react if somebody suggested that all Heads should get all Security access in case Shitcurity ever happens.
They already do have basic Brig access.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #109196

Hibbles wrote:So the HoP is the only job on the station aside from Assistants that shouldn't get literally any space that's just for them? Come on, Malk. I know for a fact you wouldn't feel that way if your main was HoP, because I know how you'd react if somebody suggested that all Heads should get all Security access in case Shitcurity ever happens.
They already do... and it doesn't work because sec has all the guns.
Not to mention thats entirely different because Sec doesn't do things against the other departments, whereas the HoP sends every arse hole to any department they feel like - who then becomes the problem of that department.

Anyway, you seem to be forgetting that I did make this:
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #109202

Yep, but it wasn't merged unfortunately. Instead there's a maint there that exists solely to make you regret being one of the (many, severely unappreciated) HoPs who actually stays in their office and helps out.

Also I meant full. Perma, armory, HoS office. For every Head. Just in case.

Also Sec regularly does things against departments. Either individuals, or entire ones when the situation gets to that point. That's like the reason they exist, to do things to people.
RIP
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #109207

I feel like I've seen this conversation before
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #109210

Actually it was merged, but then it was reverted for reason I don't feel like bring up again