Admins messing with "ERPers".

Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Admins messing with "ERPers".

Post by Bluespace » #116215

oh look bluespace making a post about buttons haha irony turning in it's grave.

So ERP was unbanned. I liked this, because ERP was often hilarious both for it's theme of awkward text sex and the admin fuckery that ensued.
However, as of late, the admin intervention is such cases has been pre-emptive, overboard, and apparently malicious.
Let's take an example.
I'm sure most of you know there's a group of lizards that like to mix things up, cause a little drama, and have a little fun. They often faux-ERP for the reaction of deadchat. It's pretty funny and people will quote them in deadchat for top keks.
As of late, admins have literally been blowing them up (removing them permanently) from the round for stuff as simple as flirting. Sounds silly? Of course it is. Two lizards flirting is laughable. Right up until they get sealed in a locked room and blown up.

Let's stop blowing up ERPers, and start putting more shame corgis in.
And I mean ERPers. Flirting is not "admin intervention time".
I play Boris Pepper.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Re: Admins messing with "ERPers".

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #116216

Flirting/cuddling/kissing and I would say general PG-13 shit is not okay to act on as an admin. Standard romance is part of roleplay.

Explosions/heart attacks/swarms of bees are generally put on legitimate sexual acts, and permanent removal is generally reserved for people who are trying to fuck every other round. Or at least it should be, I have seen some admins jump the gun way too early.
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #116217

ZE IRONY! SO IRONIC!

But really, no, Let the ERPers complain publicly themselves if this is happening, If it's such a bother then they should have to out themselves and be laughed at for the things they wrote that got them button smashed.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #116218

I disagree with this 100%

ERP has, recently, been bringing the same types of negative effects it used to with the worst of the worst. Important roles constantly wandering off to write trashy one-liners has to be met with nothing less than a steel-shod jackboot.

You got removed from the round? How horrible. This isn't some crime against humanity, and frankly it happens so frequently that admins can't be expected to craft a witty retort 24/7.

If you want uninterrupted ERP there are 1941894179283712948712938 other places you could be doing it.

ERP was a mistake. I regret supporting it.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #116220

The OP is saying admins are dropping their load on peopole not even actually ERPing though.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #116221

Man just.. fucking be creative with it.

Dropping a bomb is retarded, but say they're fucking in a room with fake space floor tiles. Delete one tile and expose it to actual space and watch them panic and try to run, only to open the door and realize the hall is covered in space vines.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Scones

Post by Scones » #116223

Someone move this to policy discussion. I don't see why it was put in this subforum.
Xhagi
Byond Username: Aliannera

Post by Xhagi » #116224

The thing is, it ends up being the same people doing the same things that we see all the time. The reason we mess with them early is that we know where it 's going and by starting when you do it all the time you open yourself up for it.

What Falamazeer said as well. Let those people speak up if they don't like to be messed with. Just know that we know the patterns and we often don't want to wait for "x whips out his double dongs."
Professional Catgirl and Gayboy Supreme.
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #116225

lumipharon wrote:The OP is saying admins are dropping their load on peopole not even actually ERPing though.
And these mythical ERPers aren't talking about it.

No sense getting all upset or forming pandering opinions to it when as of yet no admin complaint has been leveled, either abuse is at a point where people should be prepared to complain about it, or it isn't and at that point who cares?
TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #116226

Aliannera wrote:The thing is, it ends up being the same people doing the same things that we see all the time. The reason we mess with them early is that we know where it 's going and by starting when you do it all the time you open yourself up for it.

What Falamazeer said as well. Let those people speak up if they don't like to be messed with. Just know that we know the patterns and we often don't want to wait for "x whips out his double dongs."
I've seen chronic ERPers not escalate past flirting/pg13 stuff on many occasions and I don't think it's fair to assume they are going to ERP and then punish them for it preemptively.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #116227

Considering the lizard metafriends get together pretty much every round and ignore everything going on outside their circle to the point where it affects gameplay (chaplain too busy fucking one of their friends during a cult round to help security, sitting around in the library during a full revolution and not helping attack the heads, etc...), I don't think there's a massive problem with culling it a bit
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Post by invisty » #116228

Aliannera wrote:The thing is, it ends up being the same people doing the same things that we see all the time. The reason we mess with them early is that we know where it 's going and by starting when you do it all the time you open yourself up for it.
Using a slippery slope argument as a means to get your jollies off on shitting on players makes you no better than non-admin griefers. ERP is, in fact, not against the rules.
Mime: Depresso
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #116229

Shaps wrote:Considering the lizard metafriends get together pretty much every round and ignore everything going on outside their circle to the point where it affects gameplay (chaplain too busy fucking one of their friends during a cult round to help security, sitting around in the library during a full revolution and not helping attack the heads, etc...), I don't think there's a massive problem with culling it a bit
coincidentally, this is precisely the reason basil progresses through rounds so much slower than sybil
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #116230

Less bombs, more shame corgis. At least give deadchat something to do.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #116232

Actually yesterday some admin made someone a traitor just to kill me (failed) and spawned space abominations on me for saying "Love you." and hugging.

There's a time where it's funny, and a time where it's overkill and ruins muh RP that isn't ERP.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #116243

TechnoAlchemist wrote:Flirting/cuddling/kissing and I would say general PG-13 shit is not okay to act on as an admin. Standard romance is part of roleplay.
No. I'm going to club people over the head as a security officer and send them to work on the gulag if they are slacking off as a crewmember so they can flirt with other crewmembers.
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #116246

Then under retaliation rules I can also doubly kick your ass and dump your body in the gulag as well, especially if you do that shit under suspicion and not without any real proof. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
crack is whack but smacks got your back
TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #116249

iamgoofball wrote:
TechnoAlchemist wrote:Flirting/cuddling/kissing and I would say general PG-13 shit is not okay to act on as an admin. Standard romance is part of roleplay.
No. I'm going to club people over the head as a security officer and send them to work on the gulag if they are slacking off as a crewmember so they can flirt with other crewmembers.
IC interaction such as this is encouraged, retaliation should be expected. I'm just talking about admins.
Danowar
Byond Username: Danowar

Post by Danowar » #116261

I can't say I've gotten blown up for cuddling yet. The last time I attempted ERP, this happened:

I thought it was funny.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #116262

ERP is allowed but you will be griefed and thats what I paid for

Bluespace you can get out
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #116263

If we had just kept ERP banned, we wouldn't even be having this conversation and everyone would be happier.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #116265

The problem I'm seeing is that the OP wants to clarify when ERP actually begins.

He's saying that people simply flirting is seemingly enough to get a bomb dropped ontop of them, and to be frank that seems overboard. The last thing any wants is to get blown up cause some mime made some flirty comments near to them.

If two people are moving to do actual ERP, meaning sex, then by all means throw nuke ops and similar at them, but if its just someone flirting hold off on the high tier stuff and stick to shame corgies or something.
Scones

Post by Scones » #116266

oranges wrote:ERP is allowed but you will be griefed and thats what I paid for

Bluespace you can get out
Everyone can go home now
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #116284

For context, Bluespace is mad that I set fire to his quarters when he gave a roboticist a naked massage as Captain.

NikNak was mad I didn't wait for penetration.

As for the lizards, they basically use this game like f-list or something. Shutting themselves off in every way possible from the entire round to fuck and flirt and generally be weird.

When we unbanned ERP, it most certainly wasn't to allow so called "Legitimate" ERP to be possible ever. It's because it's funny.

When it stops being funny and starts being uncomfortably weird and metafriendy it deserves to be culled.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #116285

Stickymayhem wrote:For context, Bluespace is mad that I set fire to his quarters when he gave a roboticist a naked massage as Captain.
Mad? No, I expected it. What did annoy me is the fact you didn't allow me to turn it into a gimmick. It was a massage which would have culminated in me faking my own death and and lots of drama for the crew.
It did, however, motivate me to make this thread. It wasn't ERP yet I am kill.

To reiterate the point of this thread:
/please/ do not kill people who are just fucking around and not actually getting around to fucking.
when you do mess with ERPers, make it funny, if you can.
I play Boris Pepper.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #116287

This is actually a slippery slope. This is exactly what happened last time that stopped ERPers being targeted by admins anymore. First it was this shit "Oh don't kill me we haven't even started" then people would do everything BUT actual sex and complain they weren't protected for it until eventually no one does anything to them anymore because they whine so loud that they can't fuck their metafriends.

If you've locked yourself off from everyone to grope or flirt or be weird you deserve what you get. I'm sorry your hilarious "Commit suicide as the Captain" gimmick didn't work out exactly as you wanted but shit like that involves admin intervention.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Tornadium
Byond Username: Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #116294

Can we just go back to having this shit straight up banned?

It's causing the same fucking problems again, it should never have been lifted.

Either that or give Security the ability to deal with these fuckers not doing their jobs and fucking off to remote areas of the station to do whatever weird shit they feel like doing.
Shadowlight213
Byond Username: Shadowlight213
Github Username: Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #116295

I agree with Sticky. If you've locked yourself away,
AND ESPECIALLY IF YOU'RE LYING TOGETHER IN BED
you open yourself up for abuse even if you haven't done any sexual emotes yet and are just flirting.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #116296

Tornadium wrote:Can we just go back to having this shit straight up banned?

Either that or give Security the ability to deal with these fuckers not doing their jobs and fucking off to remote areas of the station to do whatever weird shit they feel like doing.

Ehh but that would create not only a further incentive for people to do these acts, but distract security from more important matters like the actual rounds antagonists.

I suppose on reflection the only two viable options is either ban ERP forever or simply nuke anyone who even starts anything sexual the moment they emote the first letter. Anything else gets too obnoxious to police.
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #116300

Steelpoint wrote:
Tornadium wrote:Can we just go back to having this shit straight up banned?

Ehh but that would create not only a further incentive for people to do these acts, but distract security from more important matters like the actual rounds antagonists.

I suppose on reflection the only two viable options is either ban ERP forever or simply nuke anyone who even starts anything sexual the moment they emote the first letter. Anything else gets too obnoxious to police.
How so? If you know security is going to fuck with you if you go jerk off and not do your job how does that provide you an incentive? Do they want to be thrown into a 1x1 cell and walled off?

Rounds are slow, sometimes security needs something to do.
Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #116301

let's just re-ban it.
I play Boris Pepper.
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #116302

Bluespace wrote:let's just re-ban it.
If I'm honest I'd prefer a "admins take no action" approach on people fucking with ERPers.

God that would be satisfying.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #116303

>unban something that was banned
>the reasons why it was banned repeat themselves

MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #116304

Tornadium wrote:
If I'm honest I'd prefer a "admins take no action" approach on people fucking with ERPers.

That is already the case. The issue is unlike WGW it isn't easy to track down or notice so only observers tend to be subjected to it.

Anyway I'm just going to purge hard and fast like any admin should.
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #116305

Stickymayhem wrote:
Tornadium wrote:

That is already the case. The issue is unlike WGW it isn't easy to track down or notice so only observers tend to be subjected to it.

Oh I thought it was only admin intervention was allowed.

I'd have been fucking with a lot more people otherwise.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #116308

Tornadium wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:
Tornadium wrote:

Oh I thought it was only admin intervention was allowed.

I'd have been fucking with a lot more people otherwise.
Slaughter degenerates to your heart's content
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #116311

Can cyborgs ignore their laws if ERPs involved?
Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #116316

jesus can't admins have one nice thing
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.
Scones

Post by Scones » #116326

Scott wrote:Can cyborgs ignore their laws if ERPs involved?
No
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #116327

I got mad at sticky because he killed some lizard players for flirting. Just as this thread goes, they didn't do jack shit and sticky killed them with a goliath. Yes, they have a reputation but that doesn't mean they are a free pass to admin grief the minute one of them drops a smooth line. You make it sound stupid sticky but your litterly killing people for actually not erping this time. Players are allowed to just roleplay without erping and maybe they wanted to do that round. Of course they could very well have erp'd later too but you are assuming intent and until actions are done, you shouldn't just murder them for lols.

As for the bluespace thing, it's alittle bit different. Bluespace was giving a robotocist a naked massage but technically no erp was being done. It is a naked massage though so maybe he was in the right to be murdered, but bluespace was also the damn captain. One of the few roles that is restricted to not go fucking off to fuck because of it's importance. Sticky walled them in and set them on fire and in turn making the captain items basically impossible to get to. Both situations were handled like shit in my opinion from sticky.

I hate watching the same people on sybil erp 24/7 too but they actually need to erp before you admin grief them. I kind of jumped the gun myself on Dr.Pillz once but at least he was naked in bed. It's sad that a policy discussion had to come to this but eh. Just like bans, treat erpers like a non-antag who murdered someone fnr. The deed must be done before the punishment is dished out. Anything less and it's admins shitting on people just roleplaying flirtyness.
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #116329

Stickymayhem wrote:This is actually a slippery slope. This is exactly what happened last time that stopped ERPers being targeted by admins anymore. First it was this shit "Oh don't kill me we haven't even started" then people would do everything BUT actual sex and complain they weren't protected for it until eventually no one does anything to them anymore because they whine so loud that they can't fuck their metafriends.

If you've locked yourself off from everyone to grope or flirt or be weird you deserve what you get. I'm sorry your hilarious "Commit suicide as the Captain" gimmick didn't work out exactly as you wanted but shit like that involves admin intervention.
I stand with sticky on this, and the naked massage thing, Does anyone honestly believe that a naked massage wouldn't have been acted on under old rules? that should be enough for admin fuckery.

Come back when *wink gets you exploded and you might be fair to complain, the flirting might be a problem too, but that's the only specific instance that wasn't far enough into the old erp standards for me to care.

And I don't hear that lizard player complaining, so again, either it's bad enough for the subject to come complain himself, or it isn't and you puckered buttholes need to relax.
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #116330

NikNakFlak wrote:I got mad at sticky because he killed some lizard players for flirting. Just as this thread goes, they didn't do jack shit and sticky killed them with a goliath. Yes, they have a reputation but that doesn't mean they are a free pass to admin grief the minute one of them drops a smooth line. You make it sound stupid sticky but your litterly killing people for actually not erping this time. Players are allowed to just roleplay without erping and maybe they wanted to do that round. Of course they could very well have erp'd later too but you are assuming intent and until actions are done, you shouldn't just murder them for lols.

As for the bluespace thing, it's alittle bit different. Bluespace was giving a robotocist a naked massage but technically no erp was being done. It is a naked massage though so maybe he was in the right to be murdered, but bluespace was also the damn captain. One of the few roles that is restricted to not go fucking off to fuck because of it's importance. Sticky walled them in and set them on fire and in turn making the captain items basically impossible to get to. Both situations were handled like shit in my opinion from sticky.

I hate watching the same people on sybil erp 24/7 too but they actually need to erp before you admin grief them. I kind of jumped the gun myself on Dr.Pillz once but at least he was naked in bed. It's sad that a policy discussion had to come to this but eh. Just like bans, treat erpers like a non-antag who murdered someone fnr. The deed must be done before the punishment is dished out. Anything less and it's admins shitting on people just roleplaying flirtyness.
Just to check, why wasn't the Captain job banned for fucking off and not doing his job to start ERPing?
Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #116332

Tornadium wrote:
NikNakFlak wrote:I got mad at sticky because he killed some lizard players for flirting. Just as this thread goes, they didn't do jack shit and sticky killed them with a goliath. Yes, they have a reputation but that doesn't mean they are a free pass to admin grief the minute one of them drops a smooth line. You make it sound stupid sticky but your litterly killing people for actually not erping this time. Players are allowed to just roleplay without erping and maybe they wanted to do that round. Of course they could very well have erp'd later too but you are assuming intent and until actions are done, you shouldn't just murder them for lols.

Just to check, why wasn't the Captain job banned for fucking off and not doing his job to start ERPing?
Because that's not what happened.
45 minutes into a round (In which i'd been roleplaying the entire time), I took a roboticist to my "private room". I wasn't "fucking off", my headset never came off and I was available.
Let's try and stay on topic.
I play Boris Pepper.
Kelenius
Byond Username: Kelenius

Post by Kelenius » #116334

Jesus Christ.

You are terrible.

Did you just unban ERP so you could have more chances of getting a "mess with someone for free" card?
Scones

Post by Scones » #116335

Kelenius wrote:Jesus Christ.

You are terrible.

Did you just unban ERP so you could have more chances of getting a "mess with someone for free" card?
Something something amazon gift card
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #116338

The lizards complained in deadchat at the time but apparently didn't care enough to make a complaint or even post here or whatever so eh, fair point falamazeer.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #116345

Actually I did post. Seems to have just been ignored.

I also forgot to mention the part where after the admin spawned a bunch of mobs in the shuttle trying to kill me, they finally said fuck it and just flipped me through the shuttle window into space.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #116347

DrPillzRedux wrote:Actually I did post. Seems to have just been ignored.

I also forgot to mention the part where after the admin spawned a bunch of mobs in the shuttle trying to kill me, they finally said fuck it and just flipped me through the shuttle window into space.
No you-
DrPillzRedux wrote:Actually yesterday some admin made someone a traitor just to kill me (failed) and spawned space abominations on me for saying "Love you." and hugging.

There's a time where it's funny, and a time where it's overkill and ruins muh RP that isn't ERP.
Oh, you did.
Well that's a fair complaint, and I am sufficiently outraged for you, apologies.

I guess there is a problem other than bluespaces phantom example, and bluespaces actual story which was completely to be expected and working as intended.

So instead of arguing from the weak point of view that captains who run off for special private nude massages are where the bar should be, let's all move along to saying that the bar should definately be above loves and hugs, and go from there.
Scones

Post by Scones » #116352

This feels comparable to a school board meeting trying to decide what kind of romantic conduct is unacceptable.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #116353

i told you dipshits this would happen

you could of prevented it