ERP is banned again

Hornygranny
Horny Police
Byond Username: Hornygranny

ERP is banned again

Post by Hornygranny » #116597

Scones and I have agreed that the experiment allowing ERP with admin intervention has failed, and ERP is once again forbidden under server rules.
J_Madison
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Akesson

Re: ERP is banned again

Post by J_Madison » #116598

That post on the thread Bluespace interested me enough that I searched the logs of the last two days.

I can't stop laughing. This isn't even citadel.
http://hastebin.com/ihuqajixum.xml
Nexendia
Byond Username: Nexendia

Post by Nexendia » #116600

Goodbye fun.
っぽい
Spoiler:
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #116601

What've I done
I play Boris Pepper.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #116602

I knew this was gonna happen. Part of the conspiracy.

RIP sweet lewd prince.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #116603

Now who do I spawn an infinite cloud of choking gas on?
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
daman997
Byond Username: Daman997

Post by daman997 » #116604

what a goddamn shame
wew lad
[nsfw]:^)[/nsfw]
Ahammer18
Byond Username: Ahammer18

Post by Ahammer18 » #116605

Was there any particular reasoning behind the re-banning?

Also, it was never a 'trial' to allow ERP, no one ever said that.
I'm a boy.
Global Moderator
Game Admin
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #116607

I am quite glad. I initially supported the unbanning but it was cringeworthy and awful and I am not sad to see it go.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #116608

I'm sure the next set of headmins will be more pliable and no more hg to stop them

dont' worry everyone, just a temporary setback
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #116609

Wyzack wrote:I am quite glad. I initially supported the unbanning but it was cringeworthy and awful and I am not sad to see it go.
This more or less mirrors, in brief, my feelings on the situation and subsequent change.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Danowar
Byond Username: Danowar

Post by Danowar » #116610

I'm going to miss Salts' antics.

Can we still cuddle?
Ahammer18

Post by Ahammer18 » #116611

"I personally have an issue with it, and even though there was a democratic vote supporting it I feel as if I should ban it." ~Scones, 2556
I'm a boy.
Global Moderator
Game Admin
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #116612

It's like I'm watching an old style goonmin sperg. Oh wait, I am.

thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty

a correct post by pillz
Scones

Post by Scones » #116613

Ahammer18 wrote:"I personally have an issue with it, and even though there was a democratic vote supporting it I feel as if I should ban it." ~Scones, 2556
Isn't it still '55?

It contributed nothing of value to the server, and the older problems with it simply re-emerged worse than before. The next headmins are welcome to repeal this, but I encourage them to skim through the emote logs in the past month and ask themselves... Is it really worth it? All we got out of this was a select handful of players ERPing all round every round in roles of potential relevancy and important to round progression. It even reached the point where there was an (unsubstantiated) complaint thread related to admins interrupting their exhibitionist funtimes.

We will be better off without it. Bribery doesn't pay.
Ahammer18

Post by Ahammer18 » #116614

Yes, of course its worth it. Even though some of it was cringy (lel the entire server is anyway), some of the funniest shit I have ever seen in spess has come from it.
I'm a boy.
Global Moderator
Game Admin
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #116617

I don't think we can lean on the old vote anymore, I have done a complete 180 of my opinion on it and I am sure I am not alone
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #116618

Ahem, Ahammer18. I believe you gotta remove that thing from your signature now.
Aloraydrel
Byond Username: Aloraydrel
Github Username: Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #116619

Sleep tight pupper
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #116620

I though the whole point of interim headmins was to keep things going until the election, not make major policy changes when two rids of the headmin team were never voted for by anyone. Just make another poll and leave it up to the next round of headmins to decide what to do.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
Scones

Post by Scones » #116621

Thunder11 wrote:I though the whole point of interim headmins was to keep things going until the election, not make major policy changes when two rids of the headmin team were never voted for by anyone. Just make another poll and leave it up to the next round of headmins to decide what to do.
As HG and I have both said, the next team of head admins are free to alter this change as they see fit.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #116622

"wah wah how else will I space fuck"

you dont need to be able to fuck to play ss13

go to a platform designed for 2d fucking if you want to do 2d fucking
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #116623

in all seriousness this is a disappointing result where unelected headmins reduce public freedom, instead of dealing with the problematic players with rule 1 or zero bans.

It's especially disappointing that people like scones or tsari even think they have the right to make decisions with such serious nature when they were not elected by any means.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #116624

oranges wrote:in all seriousness this is a disappointing result where unelected headmins reduce public freedom, instead of dealing with the problematic players with rule 1 or zero bans.

It's especially disappointing that people like scones or tsari even think they have the right to make decisions with such serious nature when they were not elected by any means.
They are literally saying, right now, that player opinion does not matter.

Despite the server being crowd funded.

a correct post by pillz
Ahammer18

Post by Ahammer18 » #116625

NikNakFlak wrote:Ahem, Ahammer18. I believe you gotta remove that thing from your signature now.
Too late, you already ate it.
I'm a boy.
Global Moderator
Game Admin
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #116626

DrPillzRedux wrote:They are literally saying, right now, that player opinion does not matter.

please cut the doomsaying for a bit because you know damn well that's not what they're saying
oranges wrote:in all seriousness this is a disappointing result where unelected headmins reduce public freedom, instead of dealing with the problematic players with rule 1 or zero bans.

People started bitching about getting dunked on for ERPing. So they lost their ERP privileges. What part of this do you not understand?
420goslingboy69
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Usednapkin

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #116627

Oh, I getcha. This is a good idea.
i play :):):):):)autumn sinnow
this man's:):):):):) army
DESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERD:):):):):)ESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROY:):):):):)ERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDEST:):):):):)ROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDES:):):):):)TROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYER
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #116628

iamgoofball wrote:
DrPillzRedux wrote:They are literally saying, right now, that player opinion does not matter.

please cut the doomsaying for a bit because you know damn well that's not what they're saying

People started bitching about getting dunked on for ERPing. So they lost their ERP privileges. What part of this do you not understand?
I'm sorry no, I missed the part where the entire server was punished for the actions on one person, does that seem like a proportionate response?

They didn't even open up a thread for proper feedback. It's just lazy and unacceptable frankly, I expect a higher standard from them.
Kel
Byond Username: Jaraxxus

Post by Kel » #116629

Wait, the provisional headmins actually had power?
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #116631

iamgoofball wrote:

They did though. They said this place isn't a democracy, and it isn't even a republic. You have no choice. The playerbase changes constantly, so it doesn't matter. Even though most people around now are fine with ERP being in because it's funny to watch get rekt and you can ignore it if you don't want to see it, unlike some asshat spamming radios or reading WGW.

The whole metafriend example is horrible as well. IC friendships are the only form of roleplay you can really get anymore. The rest is murderboning and hunting for greentext. It's not like a bunch of people are gathering around attacking people like the meta bar gang was in 2012, it's just people hanging out in a retarded spaceman game chatting and dunking each other.

a correct post by pillz
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #116632

We no longer live in a world without boundaries
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #116633

Wyzack wrote:I don't think we can lean on the old vote anymore, I have done a complete 180 of my opinion on it and I am sure I am not alone
Same here

also lol kor was an interim admin when he voted for it to happen, and guess what else? Him and Sticky literally took a bribe to unban it, don't act like they did it solely out of good will
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Durandan
Byond Username: Durandan

Post by Durandan » #116634

Disappointing change. What am I supposed to send ERTs to the station for if not to stop the Captain fucking the lizard clown?
Character: Jed Fleming [ghost]
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #116636

You don't elect a vice president but when the president dies they're in charge.

Scones and Tsaricide have as much authority as any actual headmin. I was hearing the same shit when I was making important changes in my temporary headminship and it was for the better.

Anyway as with everything, lizards ruined it. Nothing has made me want to make lizards entirely valid more than this horrific freak show.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #116638

Sticky, the VP typically runs with the president so you do get a choice. The last time a president was assassinated was John Kennedy, and that was a long time ago. Head admins quit often so that comparison isn't fare.

a correct post by pillz
Shad0vvs
Byond Username: Shad0vvs

Post by Shad0vvs » #116640

I don't see how this logically prevents those metafriendships to continue, it's been said multiple times implying that this is the main reason.
[03:37:46]SAY: Uriel Sutton/Shad0vvs : Alright
[03:37:47]SAY: Uriel Sutton/Shad0vvs : Shoot her in the face
[03:37:54]SAY: Sabella Rose/Burningone : Space law
[03:38:02]SAY: Uriel Sutton/Shad0vvs : If she says space law again
[03:38:04]SAY: Uriel Sutton/Shad0vvs : Space her
[03:38:09]SAY: Phoebe Lotsu/Shaps : The true space law
Xhagi
Byond Username: Aliannera

Post by Xhagi » #116644

I'm glad it's over.

Really, it contributed nothing and I'm not sad to see it gone. I thought it would be funny too, but in the end it just became annoying and creepy. Like many others I did a complete reversal of my opinion on it.
Professional Catgirl and Gayboy Supreme.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #116647

I want ERP back solely for how much it infuriates goofball.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #116650

Called it.
Takeguru wrote:So, until the elections happen, will anything noteworthy change?

I really don't want to see any major policy changes from people just filling in.
Scones wrote:Probably not.
That being said, I agree with doing this.
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Post by invisty » #116651

Let's be honest here. ERP wasn't banned because it was removing people from the round. It was banned because, once again, it proved that the actual drama came from the "free game" admin policy on ERP and not the ERP itself.

Either way, nothing has really changed. The ERP was never of quality worthy of attention anyway.
Mime: Depresso
WJohnston
Byond Username: WJohnston

Post by WJohnston » #116653

I find ERP to be hilarious. It leads to some of the best soap operas I've ever seen where lizards are screaming at eachother on who is pregnant with whose baby.

It's fantastic.

Sad to see it go.
Apparently I was an director or something.
Shadowlight213
Byond Username: Shadowlight213
Github Username: Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #116655

Sad to see erp go before I get to see any ling erp kills.
Worth it as long as I don't have to see any more of Salt's gay lizard erp.
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #116656

i will never understand how people pretending to fuck manages to make so many people as angry as it does
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #116658

Add me to the list of people who supported the ERP unban and have now changed their mind 100%
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #116660

Can we ban Lizards while we're at it?
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #116661

Steelpoint wrote:Can we ban Lizards while we're at it?
Lizards were the real mistake.
Tornadium
Byond Username: Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #116695

If these people are going to crybaby this much, just fucking re-do the poll.

It'll be an overwhelming majority in favor of banning it I guarantee.
Durandan
Byond Username: Durandan

Post by Durandan » #116710

Tornadium wrote:If these people are going to crybaby this much, just fucking re-do the poll.

wew
Character: Jed Fleming [ghost]
Tornadium
Byond Username: Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #116711

Durandan wrote:
Tornadium wrote:If these people are going to crybaby this much, just fucking re-do the poll.

wew
The ERP Lizard crew are on Sybil as we speak.

Not to mention the poll participants are hidden. I could go make new accounts and fuck with the poll if I really wanted to without it.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #116712

Tornadium wrote:Not to mention the poll participants are hidden. I could go make new accounts and fuck with the poll if I really wanted to without it.
Theres already measures against poll rigging.