Killing Golems FNR (Bothering people)

Tornadium
Byond Username: Tornadium

Killing Golems FNR (Bothering people)

Post by Tornadium » #125832

So,

According to our two newest headmins it's kosher to beat Golems to death for "bothering the superior race".

I'll update the thread with more information in a minute because round where this came up is still on-going but holy shit their definition of "bothering" is utterly fucking insane.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Re: Killing Golems FNR (Bothering people)

Post by onleavedontatme » #125834

Can we expand this rule to cover lizards?
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #125835

Kor wrote:Can we expand this rule to cover lizards?
Not even I would say you can beat a lizard to death for literally dragging a bed two tiles so you can join a train of beds.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #125840

Well we don't expand the protection to anything else coming from xenobio, being humanoid and having hands doesn't mean you get treated differently. If you want the full gamut of OOC protection, join as a human, if you're feeling lucky, join as a lizard. If you die, can't get cloned and don't want to be or can't be a positronic brain, and instead choose to be spawned in as a sentient creature from xenobio, expect to be treated as such. It's not nice but that's how it is.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #125843

Doesn't Rule One exist for this sort of thing? Killing anyone, regardless of species, for no raisin is a bad thing to do.
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #125845

Like I said, we've allowed killing sentient animals, xenobio mobs and polymorph mobs for that matter since forever, I'm not entirely sure why xenobio golems should be treated differently or receive more protections over the former.
lollerderby
Byond Username: Lollerderby
Github Username: lollerderby

Post by lollerderby » #125846

Tornadium wrote:According to our two newest headmins it's kosher to beat Golems to death for "bothering the superior race".

I'll update the thread with more information in a minute because round where this came up is still on-going but holy shit their definition of "bothering" is utterly fucking insane.
I don't know why you keep lumping me into this when I explicitly said I disagree with it multiple times.
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, ">rylie talking shit and not actually doing anything again"
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, "What a twist"
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #125847

maybe the ahelp conversation made it seem that way.

I've put my understanding of policy and past policy itt, if for some reason golems are found to be deserving of more protections than other xenobio stuff then that'll be what is enforced in the future.
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #125849

So just to be clear, I can without ANY reason just Dunk a Golem and have no administrative repercussions at all?

Like I can literally beat them to death for pulling an empty bed 2 tiles and trying to get on the bed to join the bed train?
lollerderby
Byond Username: Lollerderby
Github Username: lollerderby

Post by lollerderby » #125850

imblyings wrote:Well we don't expand the protection to anything else coming from xenobio, being humanoid and having hands doesn't mean you get treated differently. If you want the full gamut of OOC protection, join as a human, if you're feeling lucky, join as a lizard. If you die, can't get cloned and don't want to be or can't be a positronic brain, and instead choose to be spawned in as a sentient creature from xenobio, expect to be treated as such. It's not nice but that's how it is.
I don't see why we should have a blanket 'everything from xeno is valid at all times' policy, that doesn't seem much fun for xenobiologists or any of their creations. Some things you should definitely be able to kill if they're roaming free just because they're so volatile and hazardous to have wandering about the station sentient or not, but running around beating anything player-controlled to death just because you can seems pretty dickish to me.
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, ">rylie talking shit and not actually doing anything again"
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, "What a twist"
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #125855

I would have assumed even if Golems didn't have as much protection literally just beating one to death because you could is just being a complete cunt.
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #125857

Ok fair enough, I've always seen this from the point of view of anyone lucky enough to be spawned in after dying or observing to deal with having to die again, especially if the method of respawn is common enough to happen again.

Yeah killing everything player controlled that you come across is dickish but if protection is to be given to xenomob creatures, what is this protection exactly?
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #125860

Golems are probably the closest thing to anything deserving protection, they're the only (nearly) fully functioning humanoid. That said if one of them proves to be hostile, the rest can easily be assumed hostile due to how they follow orders.

Shit like blobbernauts and slimes being hit with sentience potions can pose a huge risk and is difficult to tell if its a hostile mob, hostile player, or friendly player. Slimes especially being as strong as they are.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #125871

Killing sentient mobs FNR is pretty fucking shitty - that said, the amount of time I've been doing R&D and a bunch of golems come in and print 50 fuckings things (guns they can't use even if they had pins, fucking 12 BoH's etc), then attack or even murder me when I tell them to fuck off, is just astounding. And this isn't even their master tellin them to, they're just like wew, time to gear up and valid people.
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #125894

lumipharon wrote:Killing sentient mobs FNR is pretty fucking shitty - that said, the amount of time I've been doing R&D and a bunch of golems come in and print 50 fuckings things (guns they can't use even if they had pins, fucking 12 BoH's etc), then attack or even murder me when I tell them to fuck off, is just astounding. And this isn't even their master tellin them to, they're just like wew, time to gear up and valid people.
Well this wasn't one of those cases, literally dragged a bed over to join the line of beds flying around the corridor and Jayden Rich just beat me to fucking death.
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #125897

You'd get further with a ban request, I suspect. "Jayden Rich beat a golem to death FNR" or something along those lines.
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #125921

No sense making a ban request until I figure out if this is policy or not

Admin PM from-Ausops: Perhaps you shouldn't have moved beds the superior race were using
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #125938

That seems pointlessly shitty, and really indicative of a poisonous mindset that has been seeping into the server for literally years now - that is, "VALID VALID VALID KILL IT SPACE IT BURN IT".
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #125939

I think Ausops was joking. I mean, nobody actually believes you can grief another player for a reason that petty...
... right?
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #125950

TheNightingale wrote:I think Ausops was joking. I mean, nobody actually believes you can grief another player for a reason that petty...
... right?
Nope that was basically the gist of the entire adminhelp.

He said it's "all kinds of valid in more ways than one".
Xhagi
Byond Username: Aliannera

Post by Xhagi » #125986

To be fair, never have I heard of golems being protected due to the fact they were always, from what I understood, considered valid, even if it was helping out as best it can and not at all bothering anyone. Some people just have that 'VALID VALID KILL IT' mentality as you said.

However, I wouldn't mind seeing some degree of protection over golems if just because I'm not a big fan of that mentality. Not so much over player controlled simple mobs, though.
Professional Catgirl and Gayboy Supreme.
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #125994

Ausops, huh? Not the first issue with him. I should go look at his feedback thread.

EDIT: Wow, Ausops. Way to be inconsistent.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #126103

Like I said, I've always seen and treated xenobio produce as expendable methods of players to respawn in. If you ever end up playing those roles, you've already had your chance or you observed in the first place, so it's poor form whining about being killed on a server where things die easy. Maybe the server has moved in a direction where people expect continuous OOC protection regardless of their role and aren't able to feel less strongly about dying, which if it has, alright that's where we'll take things.

I'm still going to stand by singling out golems as some sort of precious snowflake not to be griffed fnr being stupid. If we're going by rule 1, it's entirely possible for people to have their fun ruined harder while playing a simple animal than a golem.
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #126150

So this is an actual admin ruling? I can literally just kill any Golem I feel like FNR?
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #126158

man this stuff is getting random.

Loot entire armory and smash all windows in sec - IC issue
just shouting "kill the lizards" on the radio - ban
kill golems for no raisin - IC issue
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #126163

I don't believe that killing golems for fun should be a bannable offense any more than killing drones is (At least golems can fight back).

But people who do it genuinely fnr should get a note each time they do it so that admins can look at his notes if he kills the clown for fun and go "Oh man look at this shitter" instead of "Hmm, no notes"
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #126176

CPTANT wrote:man this stuff is getting random.

Loot entire armory and smash all windows in sec - IC issue
just shouting "kill the lizards" on the radio - ban
kill golems for no raisin - IC issue
Yeah it's super fucking weird and inconsistent. It totally falls under the don't be a dick rule tbh.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #126310

Don't kill player creatures for no reason. If it's griefing, kill it. If it's bothering the shit out of you, kill it. If it walks into the hall and wants to join your sick ass drag train, don't kill it.

This isn't fucking rocket science. Don't be dicks.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #126312

ShadowDimentio wrote:Don't kill player creatures for no reason. If it's griefing, kill it. If it's bothering the shit out of you, kill it. If it walks into the hall and wants to join your sick ass drag train, don't kill it.

Stuff like slimes and morphs are super-deadly though. If a player-controlled slime decided "FUCK U", then you're gonna die unless youre in a very public place (ongass infinite damaging stuns, deals clone damage)

Thats why people kill the shit out of unstunnable hyperspeed simpleanimals
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #126318

ShadowDimentio wrote:Don't kill player creatures for no reason. If it's griefing, kill it. If it's bothering the shit out of you, kill it. If it walks into the hall and wants to join your sick ass drag train, don't kill it.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #126328

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:

Stuff like slimes and morphs are super-deadly though. If a player-controlled slime decided "FUCK U", then you're gonna die unless youre in a very public place (ongass infinite damaging stuns, deals clone damage)

Thats why people kill the shit out of unstunnable hyperspeed simpleanimals
So can players, but people don't kill each other just because.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #126529

Don't forget that this is a very light RP server, meaning that if there's an admin ruling saying that golems can be killed on a whim, then they WILL be killed on a whim whenever someone has the chance to do so. We already have people wordlessly walking in xenobio to kill all the peaceful sentient mobs because it's allowed, but it's not a great deal since most mobs are just useless gimmicks made for fun. Golems on the other hand are usually made as bodyguards or menial workers, so I don't really see the point of making them valid
ExplosiveCrate
Byond Username: ExplosiveCrate

Post by ExplosiveCrate » #126548

Though it also begs the question, if someone is just wordlessly killing your golems, does that make them valid?
i dont even know what the context for my signature was
MrMindless
Byond Username: MrMindless

Post by MrMindless » #126677

that's indeed a fairly good question
as xenobiologist how far can you go against someone who's purposely killing your golems/mobs
Same with the golems/mobs. Sure them being able to kill someone who attempts to kill them them should be obvious (would be real stupid if it weren't) but how about other golems proactively assaulting someone who's known for killing golems without a decent reason?
Also about the "expendable respawn" justification, wouldn't that also make positronic brains and everything created with them automatically ALSO as valid as golems?