Head antags/team antag heads

J_Madison
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Akesson

Head antags/team antag heads

Post by J_Madison » #131770

Policy discussion.

Discuss roundstart antags ability to be a leader of an antag group.

I.e. Are roundstart cultists more senior than cultists?
They do start of with the talisman directly from Nar-Sie and it is an unofficial community rule that roundstart antags get a degree of superiority and deciding power for where the group goes.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Head antags/team antag heads

Post by oranges » #131771

I just assumed it was always the case.
J_Madison
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Akesson

Post by J_Madison » #131773

oranges wrote:I just assumed it was always the case.
Honestly, I do too. Time in cult before anything else. A newbie cultist shouldn't have equal power to the guy that converted him.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #131774

if anything, simply because the round start antags have been aware of who is what and what is planned longer than any fresh newbie.
lollerderby
Byond Username: Lollerderby
Github Username: lollerderby

Post by lollerderby » #131779

Very difficult/impossible to enforce for cult specifically as there's no obvious distinction between a round-start cultist and a convert. Other modes have clear leaders like rev heads, gang bosses, lead operatives, etc. and those you should obey.
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, ">rylie talking shit and not actually doing anything again"
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, "What a twist"
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #131831

Enforcing cult heirarchy is a pain in the ass.

The only way I found to control newbie cults is to not give them a tome, and even that doesn't work. Some people are team players, others are not. Best you can do is sac and soul shard any chuckle fuck who doesn't wanna be a team player.

Adding a heirarchy 'So-and-so brought you into the fold, follow their commands' as a 3rd objective (the starting cultists either not having this or just have Nar'Sie as their own, I.E. the admins of the round) and having cultists ahelp when their converts aren't doing as told, warnings and cult bans inbound for chucklefucks who refuse to play. As we need 2 people to initiate a convert, both names could be on the list or just the one who initiated the rune.

If the person who converted you dies/gets deconverted, then you'd be grandfathered up to who ever converted them. (I.E. original cultist cults Assistant Steve. Assistant Steve initiates culting of Doctor Malpractice. Steve gets caught and force fed holy water, so Doctor becomes a thrall/disciple of Original Cultist instead. if OC dies/decults/ssd's, then their converts go to Nar'Sie/Top of the chain.)

The ability to enforce this IC would be nice, 'punish disciple' would allow them to smite a convert misbehaving, at a minor cost of their own health. Cult buffs would also be nice, with one or two cults channeling their own lifeforce to buff other cults nearby them.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
rockpecker
Byond Username: Rockpecker

Post by rockpecker » #131938

J_Madison wrote:Policy discussion.

Discuss roundstart antags ability to be a leader of an antag group.
How is this a policy matter? If you want to lead, lead. If you don't want to lead, or aren't able to, then someone else will have to do it, or your cult will scatter and be ineffective.
Remove the AI.
Shadowlight213
Byond Username: Shadowlight213
Github Username: Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #131941

For cult, tomes are extremely crucial for them to been function at a basic level. The issue with leading, is that you can have someone extremely incompetent who was round start cultist, and if they decide not to give tomes out as a way to hold their power over others, they hinder other people's ability to take command.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #131977

This is an IC issue and should not be determined by OOC intervention.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.