Valentines day massacres during team antags

J_Madison
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Akesson

Valentines day massacres during team antags

Post by J_Madison » #131772

Is this legal/valid?

Is security valid to slaughter entire departments, groups, ect during rev, gang, cult or similar game modes?

Should security be allowed to kill 50 people to catch 5 cultists?

Discuss it here.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: Valentines day massacres during team antags

Post by Saegrimr » #131775

It's not a valid/not valid issue. As dynamic as the game is there are circumstances where it would be allowed and it would be punished that will be judged on a case by case basis.

As you've been screeching in IRC for the past hour+, your question is blown way out of proportion and you should probably just fuck off.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #131776

Saegrimr wrote:It's not a valid/not valid issue. As dynamic as the game is there are circumstances where it would be allowed and it would be punished that will be judged on a case by case basis.

As you've been screeching in IRC for the past hour+, your question is blown way out of proportion and you should probably just fuck off.
You're well aware of the discussion on IRC, I think you have a good clue at what happens during real scenarios.

I'm surprised people didn't ahelp during that peaceful cult round when more than 40% of the crew had been thoroughly waterboarded, kidnapped, stripped, looted, implanted and had their time wasted by security, and a good 10-15% killed because 7 cultists decided to go peaceful.
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #131789

J_Madison wrote:
Saegrimr wrote:because 7 cultists decided to go peaceful.
> Peaceful antags.

Except anyone can claim they're a peaceful antagonist. There's nothing that stops that cult from growing slowly (which they were), then killing anyone that remains in their way; or from being a hostile cult under the veil of a 'peaceful' one. Antagonists are antagonists, plain and simple.

If it's lowpop? Okay, maybe. Bagil? Sure. But mid-highpop claiming you're a 'peaceful cult' and complaining that security treats you as a legitimate threat, especially with how quickly cults spread with the new changes? Retard-tier.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #131799

Weren't the cultists in question hiding from security? If so how did they tell security they were peaceful? Expect the hos to be psychic?
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #131802

I think its funny that the round in question that even sparked this thread involved the mass-murder of a non-cult medbay while the actual cultists basically got out unscratched. Maybe security should resort to less "kill everyone" methods if you're literally dealing with an entire non-converted department, k'now, like getting them implanted if they resist searches and shit?
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #131840

Apparently there was a small force of hulks? Can't really stun those and if you dehulk em their buddies will still bray for blood.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #131846

Groups of hulks are seriously some of the most terrifying fucking things in this game.
If team antags go full hulk, basically everyone and everything is fucked.
J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #131850

A few cargo staff were killed too.

MedBay and engineering were suspected cult, MedBay was far more dangerous and seeing people get getting super powers enmasse is the reason why all of MedBay was slaughtered.

Given how dangerous Science could be, would you be surprised if a well armed sec team kills the entire department simply because someone shouted it.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #131860

I think the treshold for sec using violence in team antag modes should be very low. They already have the extreme disadvantage of not knowing who their enemy is.

But there should be SOME form of suspicion. If the suspicion is "the entire station is converted by now" that should be fine too.

For good form I usually like to announce that red alert during a rev/cult/gang means that everyone who leaves their departments will be shot
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #132293

If you don't want to be a victim of the purge you better get your arse to the brig ASAP and volunteer to be implanted.
J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #132326

Malkevin wrote:If you don't want to be a victim of the purge you better get your arse to the brig ASAP and volunteer to be implanted.
i got max capped last time i let someone in

purge everyone
rdght91
Byond Username: Roadhog1

Post by rdght91 » #132412

Yes.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #132419

I remember a ban request from a long time ago for a guy who as captain rounded up a fuck ton of confirmed and suspected revs and had them shoved and shuttered en masse in the perma cells (this was back when perma just consisted of several cells without timers) for a while. I guess they didn't have anymore loyalty implants and couldn't get access to more so what does the captain do? He has security open the shutters and then more down everyone in the cells with lasers.

At the time I was a whiny peanut gallery faggot complaining about how the captain was in the wrong and all that shit but looking back it's moments like that where rev really shines. It's tragic in the most awesome way to watch security in desperation turn into some sort of violent dictatorship and carry out raids on various departments where groups of antags are holed up where shots are traded and innocent crew members are caught in the cross fire. It's also something I really wish I could see in more team antag modes.
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #133251

I support security doing this kind of stuff.

There's a really, really big problem with people becoming complacent with conversion antags. People will outright ignore you doing obvious cult/rev/Sling/gang shit because they realize there is a very low chance security will proactively implant and arm you against the antags, but there is a reasonably high chance youll be converted to antag status at some point... so why help the side you'll never join/be a part of?

Security kicking down your door and blowing you away for hanging out with a department thats full of team-antag activity is a fair countermeasure and a way to remind people that if you sit there quietly while cultists drag off members of your departments/revs flash everyone outside your door/there's a gang leader operating in your dept. then you are fair game when security has to resort to exterminatus.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #133266

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.