"SEC ROGUE"

rdght91
Byond Username: Roadhog1

"SEC ROGUE"

Post by rdght91 » #134259

Bottom post of the previous page:

I had a person suspected of lighting/releasing plasma set to arrest, I arrest them, they immediently start screaming "SEC ROUGE" and screaming their location and claiming I'm going to kill them. I take that as confirmation they're a shitter and toss them in perma. Tsar boinks me and tells me I have to let them go and it's not reason to perma someone.

That's bullshit, screaming sec rouge when the officer is simply doing their job should be a one way ticket to perma.

Are we back to the old days of hamstrung security?
Last edited by NikNakFlak on Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spelling is triggering me
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Re: "SEC ROGUE"

Post by TheNightingale » #134344

Security sometimes acts on incorrect information. We don't have all the facts. Sure, you dindu nuffin, but we don't know that, and if the shoe fits...
... then we're punishing you for it. Well played to whoever framed you.

If you hadn't have been morphined and straitjacketed, would you have had the AI let you out? Probably. Most people do if they can. Given that you were actively trying to cause trouble for Security by inciting a riot, you can't really fault the officer for sedating you or stopping you from using an intercom. (The addiction was an unintentional side-effect, I'd wager.)

If you really were the plasma flooder, would it have been an acceptable punishment? Most likely. And given that Security was acting on information that incriminated you...
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #134345

If you scream sec rogue every time you're detained and they don't instantly answer you're bad. How about you calm down and wait until they get you to the brig so they can speak with you without fear of being shot/drugged/have you pulled?
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #134347

"Sec rogue" is not "ONE DAY WHILE ANDY WAS MASTURBATING" you validdonks.

If you silently proasheck pepperspray->cuff->strip headset->drag off, especially with a mask on, people WILL raise hell because security can be antags in two seperate gamemodes, and that's antag behavior. Stun, cuff, strip bag, empty pockets, call in on sec radio ":s got the plasmafire chemist" boom he cant pull a revolver on you if he has adrenals and boom he doesn't think you're one of the every-single-round ubiquitous converted/fake sec officers
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
sirnat
Byond Username: Sirnat

Post by sirnat » #134348

The thing is, you can't make the AI let you out in perma if you don't have a radio/PDA. He took my radio, didn't take my PDA for some stupid reason.

I still want to know who the fuck called me for supposedly lighting the plasma on fire, none of you seem to beable to muster up who it was.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #134351

Things that Sec can do that makes them rogue:
* Cuff you, then beating you to death when you're innocent
* Attack another Security member with an armblade or traitor gear
* Flood plasma, kill Ian, or other overtly traitorous activity

Things that Sec can do that doesn't make them rogue:
* Their jobs
* Arresting you, whether you're innocent or not
* Arresting your friend, whether they're innocent or not
* Taking your illegal stunprod/lube/spear/C-20r
* Punishing you for something, whether you did it or not
* Not telling you your crime until you're in the Brig

If you're stripping someone's headset when you're arresting them, you're probably doing it wrong. The headset comes off when they start screaming about you being rogue, when they start reading WGW, or when they're abusing their headset privileges. But being badcurity is different from being rogue, and crying either gets you additional time.

I think you were the main suspect because you were first on the scene when discovered, and someone (I don't know who) reported that you were flooding plasma. Suddenly we've got a plasma fire, and you're
sirnat

Post by sirnat » #134352

I never left the chem lab the entire round, or medbay for that fact. Had a guy come in asking for something from the med room, and I helped him but thats about it.

He didn't take my earpiece off at the chem lab when i yelled he was rogue, he did it after I was calmly talking to the AI and asking it to watch over me incase something went wrong. He also drug me into the evidence room with no cameras to strip my things, I really dont know what was going through his head, its like he was wanting himself to be seen as rogue/antag.

Again, can an admin search through look through the logs to see why I was even called out for the crime? Or if I was ever called out. Theres no way someone could think ''Oh nathan ward was there!'' when.. I wasn't even out of medbay all round
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #134375

TheNightingale wrote:You forgot a charge of 'insulting an officer' for every officer in Security. If you're going to abuse Space Law, do it right.
Charging someone who is inciting a riot with inciting a riot is abusing space law?
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #134380

Permaing him would have been valid. Tsar probably didn't want to deal with a huge fiasco over such a small thing, but I'm not speaking for him.
sirnat

Post by sirnat » #134381

Do explain how perma'ing me was valid Techno.

How is saying ''Sec rogue'' once, worth perma?

How is asking the AI to watch over me, worth perma brigging me.

How is also jacketing/morphining me to the point of addiction also valid as well?
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #134387

Because you were being a unnecessary little shit head for security to deal with, end of story.

Next time don't spout off old memes and act surprised when your attitude is reciprocated in kind.

How hard is it to just fucking wait a minute for them to get you to the brig.
Doritos
Byond Username: Zaross

Post by Doritos » #134388

TheNightingale wrote:Arresting you, whether you're innocent or not
This mentality of "security can do no wrong" has seriously got to stop.
lol
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #134390

Doritos wrote:
How is Security meant to know the person is innocent? The term 'suspect' exists for a reason, because your suspected of doing a certain action.
rdght91

Post by rdght91 » #134392

I request a headmin rule on the core issue and lock this before the dramawave surges ever forward.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #134393

Security works on imperfect information, try to clear your name instead of having a fit all the way up to adminhelping.
Doritos
Byond Username: Zaross

Post by Doritos » #134394

Steelpoint wrote:
Doritos wrote:
How is Security meant to know the person is innocent? The term 'suspect' exists for a reason, because your suspected of doing a certain action.
Security being wrong is fine. Security being stupid is fine.

They shouldn't be immune to retribution if they're either, though.
lol
rdght91

Post by rdght91 » #134396

Again, it'd like this to be locked until a headmin can role on the core issue of "sec rouge" so there is no more drama.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #134401

Things have consequences

It's true that being arrested by sec for no reason when you know you're innocent is dodgy seeing as it's still possible for antags to join/infiltrate sec. I don't blame someone for asking the AI to keep an eye on them or to an extent even yelling that they were arrested for no reason. However, if you do scream sec rogue and that leads to people tiding against sec, then there are consequences for it that you have to deal with. Maybe sec will brig you for a while, maybe sec will gulag you for a while, if you are particularly vitriolic and loud in your 'sec is rouge!!' screaming and give sec a massive headache, then being tossed into perma may not be out of the question.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
sirnat

Post by sirnat » #134406

I only said sec rogue like once or twice over radio when he got me in Chem, after he dragged me toward brig not even at the med doors I was asking the Ai why I was being brigged, it didn't know and so I asked it to look after me.

I wasn't spamming sec rogue or anything like that, and it iirc I didn't ahelp when I got permad, I think I did it while he was jacketing/ morphining me didn't know I was being permad at the time.
rdght91

Post by rdght91 » #134414

Thanks Imblyings for clarifying.

Would you mind putting this thread out of it's misery now?
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #134415

t;dr Sirnat a shit, if I was there I'd have caved his skull in, this thread doesn't need any more replies.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS