Merge rules 3 and 9

LiamLime
Byond Username: LiamLime

Merge rules 3 and 9

Post by LiamLime » #136623

Please merge rules 3 and 9 into a single rule:

3: Non-consensual erotic/creepy stuff is not allowed.
9: Erotic roleplay is allowed but do not expect to be uninterrupted, admins can and will intervene with potentially lethal methods.

I would suggest rules are moved up by one and the new consolidated ERP rule becomes the 2nd to last rule. This is because the current rules 4 - 8 are more important than the consolidated ERP rule.

The two rules can literally be combined verbatim into something like:

8: Non-consensual erotic/creepy stuff is not allowed. Erotic roleplay is allowed, but do not expect to be uninterrupted, admins can and will intervene with potentially lethal methods.

rule eight because 4-8 become 3-7, then ERP is 8 and 18+ rule is 9.

Simple change, should cause no issues nor need corroboration by the bodies that run TGS. Reason is to reduce the rule count and make new players' lives slightly easier.

Link to wiki edit page
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Re: Merge rules 3 and 9

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #136630

LiamLime wrote:Please merge rules 3 and 9 into a single rule:

3: Non-consensual erotic/creepy stuff is not allowed.
9: Erotic roleplay is allowed but do not expect to be uninterrupted, admins can and will intervene with potentially lethal methods.

I would suggest rules are moved up by one and the new consolidated ERP rule becomes the 2nd to last rule. This is because the current rules 4 - 8 are more important than the consolidated ERP rule.

The two rules can literally be combined verbatim into something like:

8: Non-consensual erotic/creepy stuff is not allowed. Erotic roleplay is allowed, but do not expect to be uninterrupted, admins can and will intervene with potentially lethal methods.

rule eight because 4-8 become 3-7, then ERP is 8 and 18+ rule is 9.

Simple change, should cause no issues nor need corroboration by the bodies that run TGS. Reason is to reduce the rule count and make new players' lives slightly easier.

Link to wiki edit page
Make them both Rule 8 again for nostalgia
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
LiamLime

Post by LiamLime » #136631

You feel nostalgia about rule numbers? :S
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #136633

It's Dorsi, he works that way.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #136639

ok done
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
LiamLime

Post by LiamLime » #136640

imblyings wrote:ok done
Yay, thanks! :D

Oh, hum, the page refers to rules in numbers... Here are the extra edits which would need to be done to make it all consistent. (corrections in bold)

Security Policy/Precedents (2 and 3)

Rule 4 of the main rules also apply to security. Security are not exceptions to the rule where non-antagonists can do anything they want, as per Rule 4, to antagonists.
The 'act like an antag, get treated like one' part of Rule 4 of the main rules also apply to security. Stunning an officer repeatedly, using lethal or restricted weapons on them, disrupting the arrests or sentences of dangerous criminals, or damaging the brig, are examples of behaviour that may make you valid for security under Rule 4. Make sure players deserve it when you treat them as an antag, when in doubt, err on the side of caution as poor behaviour on the part of security will not be tolerated.

Rule 1 Precedents. (4)

- Rules still apply until the emergency escape shuttle has reached Centcom and the round-end antagonist report has appeared. When the shuttle has reached Centcom, players are free to act as per lone antagonists, detailed in Rule 4. Non-antagonist grief upon the shuttle, from spamming flashbangs for no reason to spraying space lube, can be met with instant 5 (five) minute bans or more.

Rule 3 Precedents. (1)

- Excessively OOC names fall under rule 3. Make a minimum effort to have your name fit in a setting involving a wacky space station in the future. Admins may get involved if your name is dumb.

Rule 4 Precedents. (3)

- The relationship between xeno queen and xeno is treated the same as malf AI and borg, and are considered team antagonists for the purpose of main rule 4. Xenos should prioritize following the directions of their queen where possible.
Last edited by LiamLime on Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
LiamLime

Post by LiamLime » #136644

I've also searched through the rest of the wiki for "rule 1", "rule 2", ... "rule 10" and the only hit that came up was in reference to Rule 1, present on the Traitor page. So rules are not referred to by number anywhere else.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #136658

Thanks again. For rules being mentioned elsewhere on the wiki, I can't really think of any reason as to why they would be, apart from rule 1.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
rdght91
Byond Username: Roadhog1

Post by rdght91 » #136677

Players are also allowed to deal with ERPers however they feel fit too. Someone needs to add that.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #136691

rdght91 wrote:Players are also allowed to deal with ERPers however they feel fit too. Someone needs to add that.
Nope
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=5130
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
rdght91
Byond Username: Roadhog1

Post by rdght91 » #136731

Oh bummer. It really should be, because it keeps that stuff out of sight of people who don't want to deal with it.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #136790

rdght91 wrote:Oh bummer. It really should be, because it keeps that stuff out of sight of people who don't want to deal with it.
Actually, letting players valid erpers just led to hugely public witch-hunts and everyone getting involved. Now you can just mess around with them in private until you get bored/they try and find somewhere else to fuck then pray their location and hope for fireworks.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕