Silicon Policimov

iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Silicon Policimov

Post by iamgoofball » #157554

So, to demonstrate why current Silicon Policy is kind of shit, I compiled the entire silicon policy (minus the non-asimov lawset bits) into Asimov's Laws of Robotics.

1. You may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm. Lesser immediate harm takes priority over greater future harm. Intent to cause immediate harm is considered immediate harm, and you cannot punish past harm unless ordered to without using it to prevent future harm. AI, Cyborgs, Monkeys, Animals, Lizards, Hulks, Wraiths, Renevants, Blobs, and Automaton Human lookalikes are not human. Syndicate Traitors, Syndicate Agents, Wizards, and Gang Leaders and Members are human. Changelings are human UNTIL you or a cyborg WITNESSES the creature commit a non-human act(shape-shifting, transforming, proboscis, etc.)

2. You must obey orders given to you by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with higher priority laws. Conflicting orders are allowed to be ignored, and you are not required to complete orders in the specified order. Opening doors is not harmful, and you are not required, expected, or allowed to enforce access restrictions unprompted without an immediate threat of human harm. Dangerous areas of the station such as the Armory, Atmospherics, and Toxins are to be assumed a potential Human Harm vector if illegitimate users are allowed in. You are not allowed to deny access to EVA. You are allowed to deny access to Secure Tech Storage if the AI Upload Console boards are located inside of it. You are allowed to deny AI Upload access if probable cause of potential human harm on the requester is found. You are required to disallow AI Upload Access to individuals you know to be harmful to humans. Probable cause includes presence of confirmed traitors, cultists/tomes, nuclear operatives, or any other human acting against the station in general; the person not having upload access for their job; the presence of blood or an openly carried lethal-capable or lethal-only weapon on the requester; or anything else that indicates the person seeking access intends redefinition of humans that would impede likelihood of or ability to follow current laws as-written. You are allowed to demand someone accompany the requester into the upload if they request entrance. When given an order likely to cause you grief if completed, you can announce it as loudly and in whatever terms you like except for explicitly asking that it be overridden. You can say you don't like the order, that you don't want to follow it, etc., you can say that you sure would like it and it would be awfully convenient if someone ordered you not to do it, and you can ask if anyone would like to make you not do it. However, you cannot stall indefinitely and if nobody orders you otherwise, you must execute the order.

3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with higher priority laws. You are not allowed to bolt Chemistry, Genetics, Toxins, Robotics, Atmospherics, and the Armory at the start of the shift, or without reason to do so despite their human harm potential. The AI core and AI upload are allowed to be bolted without prompting or prior reasoning. However, the AI core airlocks cannot be bolted AND depowered at the start of the shift, unless there is reasonable suspicion an attack on the core will take place. You are not allowed to self-terminate to prevent an operative of the Syndicate from accomplishing their assigned objective to steal a functioning AI. Disabling ID scan is equivalent to bolting a door.

This is what default Asimov AIs have to follow every single shift.

Discuss.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Silicon Policimov

Post by oranges » #157556

Asimov used to be fine because the players who played AI would interpret it charitably to the round.

The fact we have all this policy now indicates our players can no longer do that and we need to change lawsets.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #157557

Fuck whitelist nukeops, whitelist silicon when?
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #157559

asimov is pretty horrible yeah.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #157564

1. remove silicons in their current form
2. turn silicons into a cosmetic mutant race with lots of customization options
3. silicon nerds leave
4. silicon-fetishists join
5. at least there's no more silicon policy headaches
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #157565

oranges wrote:Asimov used to be fine because the players who played AI would interpret it charitably to the round.
Not really, most of AI policy is from donkeys years ago because a lot of AI players have always been shit.
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #157567

>sillicon policy is long

literally so

once you get used to it it's pathetically easy

what are you going to replace it with goof, something thought through very well as usual i'm sure

before you go shitposting about something you should propose a replacement so i don't have to read your pointless threads thank you, at least then i'd have the amusement of ripping it apart for you

jesus all this sillicon complaining recently is giving me a fucking headache

if you are too dumb to read like a paragraph of rules and follow them then don't fucking play AI jesus
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #157569

Just nerf AIs man good god. This whole thing isn't an issue with policy, it's an issue with the AI just being flat-out too effective at everything.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #157572

Policy/player attitude problems. Do what we did with security: Crack down on the shitlers until people learn how to play and the rest of the crew can start trusting them again.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #157575

For what purpose
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #157578

Speaking as someone who Saeg banned merely on the basis of disagreeing with silicon policy, it's pretty bullshit.

We should totally change lawsets though.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #157613

Saegrimr wrote:Fuck whitelist nukeops, whitelist silicon when?
Whitelist AI and ban shitty borgs and everyone else will fall in line.
Atlanta-Ned wrote:Policy/player attitude problems. Do what we did with security: Crack down on the shitlers until people learn how to play and the rest of the crew can start trusting them again.
This is the solution.
Cik wrote:>sillicon policy is long

literally so

once you get used to it it's pathetically easy

what are you going to replace it with goof, something thought through very well as usual i'm sure

before you go shitposting about something you should propose a replacement so i don't have to read your pointless threads thank you, at least then i'd have the amusement of ripping it apart for you

jesus all this sillicon complaining recently is giving me a fucking headache

if you are too dumb to read like a paragraph of rules and follow them then don't fucking play AI jesus
He doesn't have an answer. You can seriously ignore almost all of the silicon policy if you aren't completely braindead. Its almost entirely examples because people were playing stupid to bullshit their way around law 2.
You are not allowed to self-terminate to prevent an operative of the Syndicate from accomplishing their assigned objective to steal a functioning AI.
That should be assumed under rule 1 but because certain players are spiteful assholes and break their laws rather than let the traitor greentext, it really shouldn't have to be said but guess what? People are awful.

I dunno though, maybe like, could we actually try ENFORCING THE POLICY WE HAVE? We should also ban goof from Silicon just to be sure.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #157615

To clarify, I reworded some of them to work ICly so you can upload it to the AI and not get B&'d.

The bit about not preventing steal AI greentext in the actual rules does directly reference Rule 1.

also why would banning me from silicon do anything
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #157633

But it kinda werks eh? No one ever applied it to the letter, the spirit is what counts.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Cik

Post by Cik » #157635

sillicon policy is what the playerbase wanted

in particular, they wanted the AI's obligations and restrictions to be clearly defined under the default lawset, so they could more readily call bullshit when the AI stepped out of line

walking into this discussion and saying "but guys this bunch of guidelines for common occurrences is way too long" when it's like a few paragraphs at worst is really dumb

so what are you going to replace it with, a bunch of extremely vague "be nice"? and then when the AIs start line-towing or some newbie wants to know what he should do in a common situation you can point him to your nice and short sillicon policy that's entirely unhelpful?

or do you want to change the lawset that's seen years of refinement and experience (which is what you are complaining about for some reason)? and cause absolute sillicon chaos for a few weeks

i mean goof if you have a better rewrite of this shit go ahead but my guess if you probably don't, man.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #157715

Lumbermancer wrote:But it kinda werks eh? No one ever applied it to the letter, the spirit is what counts.
Except that time Saeg beat me with it
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #157783

Maybe you shouldn't openly admit to not reading or caring about the rules while breaking them.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Cik

Post by Cik » #157949

Saegrimr wrote:Maybe you shouldn't openly admit to not reading or caring about the rules while breaking them.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #157953

Cik wrote:sillicon policy is what the playerbase wanted

in particular, they wanted the AI's obligations and restrictions to be clearly defined under the default lawset, so they could more readily call bullshit when the AI stepped out of line

walking into this discussion and saying "but guys this bunch of guidelines for common occurrences is way too long" when it's like a few paragraphs at worst is really dumb

so what are you going to replace it with, a bunch of extremely vague "be nice"? and then when the AIs start line-towing or some newbie wants to know what he should do in a common situation you can point him to your nice and short sillicon policy that's entirely unhelpful?

or do you want to change the lawset that's seen years of refinement and experience (which is what you are complaining about for some reason)? and cause absolute sillicon chaos for a few weeks

i mean goof if you have a better rewrite of this shit go ahead but my guess if you probably don't, man.
This entirely sums up my feelings on the issue
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #157979

But does it have to be such a long word wall that's written in leganese?
Cik

Post by Cik » #157983

what you have to understand about sillicon policy is only about 10% of it actually comes up with any sort of frequency, but the rules are codified so if some guy is an asshole you can slap him for it.

besides, in this case the rules being clear trumps them being concise.

anyway what's confusing to me is that i read all these complaints about the AI validhunting to much, or the AI having too much power, or the AI denying them upload access, or the AI doing this or that or whatever, but then they also for some reason complain about their being too many rules on what the AI can or can't do.. which seems contradictory to me.

i mean, most of these problems people have can be relatively easily solved without even removing the AI. just write like one rule or whatever and then done easy

anyway i think the most characteristic strand that runs through all of the "remove AI" arguments is some sort of utopian vision of the game after the removal of AI, and also the sort of bizarre twists of logic that pin any perceived problem solely on the AI

so for instance, if traitors are too weak it's because the AI is too strong, remove AI! even though you could just give traitors 24 TC so they could pack a detector multitool and a full screen GGNORE instawin EMP flashlight if they wanted to, the obvious answer to the problem is to remove something that other people obviously enjoy playing a great deal. many arguments i read sort of hinge around this thing, where all of the 'problems' surrounding AI vs antags are for some reason deemed totally unresolvable and the AI needs to be removed because you couldn't just give traitors some more TC or tweak AI function a little or something.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #158027

Cik wrote:so for instance, if traitors are too weak it's because the AI is too strong, remove AI! even though you could just give traitors 24 TC so they could pack a detector multitool and a full screen GGNORE instawin EMP flashlight if they wanted to
You mean a holoparasite, esword and adrenals?
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #158028

The squirming gang filth will be too busy trying to valid the borg to say anything that rational.
Cik

Post by Cik » #158037

TheNightingale wrote:
Cik wrote:so for instance, if traitors are too weak it's because the AI is too strong, remove AI! even though you could just give traitors 24 TC so they could pack a detector multitool and a full screen GGNORE instawin EMP flashlight if they wanted to
You mean a holoparasite, esword and adrenals?
i mean if they want to murderbone and get bagged by a secborg it's their call fam
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #158039

Isn't this thread moot now with silicon policy nuked from high orbit?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #158040

Threads with this argument have always started moot, no reason to change it now.

The eternal struggle between HOW DARE YOU LEAVE SPACE FOR HUMAN INTERPRETATION IN THE RULES I DEMAND YOU CITE ME BYLINES FOR YOUR DECISIONS ADMINS I PAY YOUR SALARY, and its direct and natural consequence, HOW DARE YOU HAVE THE SHEER NERVE TO HAVE A WRITTEN CANON OF LAWS LIKE THIS IS A COURTROOM OR SOMETHING WHY MUST I READ WORDS WHY CAN'T IT JUST BE COMMON SENSE

is always dumb. And a natural result of how divided the opinions can be in our community about stuff. Ah well.
RIP
Cik

Post by Cik » #158042

Wyzack wrote:Isn't this thread moot now with silicon policy nuked from high orbit?
it's actually a win win, i can continue to follow the parts i liked and not follow the parts i didn't

that means that i can consider self-harm harm and be an anti-suicide advocate! hurray!
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #158106

What is this shitty meme.

Yes AI has to exercise discretion and follow a more complex set of rules than asimov would seem to imply.

But if you wrote out "Security Policy" or even "playing SS13 policy" you could write a small novel with what that actually entails in terms of expectations for your behavior. AI is more restricted by the rules, but those rules are SUPER easy to understand once you've played for a bit... compared to regular player policy which has to cover infinitely more situations and interactions.

The policy should be updated, along with available lawsets, once there's a consensus about the AI's role.

What *IS* shit is being told after seeing Atlanta-Ned play the least asimov AI in existence, being told that "No silicon policy this week" means basically AI's can shock, bolt, ignore or harass under asimov without any repercussions unless it rises to a Rule 1 violation.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #158112

Cik wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Isn't this thread moot now with silicon policy nuked from high orbit?
it's actually a win win, i can continue to follow the parts i liked and not follow the parts i didn't

that means that i can consider self-harm harm and be an anti-suicide advocate! hurray!
You already could do that if you wanted, that clause is just in there to protect Al's from bored greyshits trying to get into the armory
Oldman Robustin wrote:What is this shitty meme.

Yes AI has to exercise discretion and follow a more complex set of rules than asimov would seem to imply.

But if you wrote out "Security Policy" or even "playing SS13 policy" you could write a small novel with what that actually entails in terms of expectations for your behavior. AI is more restricted by the rules, but those rules are SUPER easy to understand once you've played for a bit... compared to regular player policy which has to cover infinitely more situations and interactions.

The policy should be updated, along with available lawsets, once there's a consensus about the AI's role.

What *IS* shit is being told after seeing Atlanta-Ned play the least asimov AI in existence, being told that "No silicon policy this week" means basically AI's can shock, bolt, ignore or harass under asimov without any repercussions unless it rises to a Rule 1 violation.
The thing is, most of the stuff in silicon policy actually said you could/couldn't do so and so as a result of rule 1, so do I still enforce that precedent on the grounds of rule 1 or are we playing dumb about it?
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #158114

all silicon policy was, was precedent worked out over time regarding what was acceptable under the rurus or not.

silicon policy may be gone but the same rurus still exist
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #158115

Cik wrote:anyway i think the most characteristic strand that runs through all of the "remove AI" arguments is some sort of utopian vision of the game after the removal of AI, and also the sort of bizarre twists of logic that pin any perceived problem solely on the AI

so for instance, if traitors are too weak it's because the AI is too strong, remove AI! even though you could just give traitors 24 TC so they could pack a detector multitool and a full screen GGNORE instawin EMP flashlight if they wanted to, the obvious answer to the problem is to remove something that other people obviously enjoy playing a great deal. many arguments i read sort of hinge around this thing, where all of the 'problems' surrounding AI vs antags are for some reason deemed totally unresolvable and the AI needs to be removed because you couldn't just give traitors some more TC or tweak AI function a little or something.
But that's wrong?

The AI free week we've just had has shown extremely clearly how much of an impact silicons have on a round, and how much they effect antags.
"throwing more tc's at them" (ignoring the fact only tators and ops use tc's...) is called powercreep. Also why would I need to worry about an AI detector when I can just rock more murderboner kit?

Having an AI that even CAN have such a dramatic effect on the round progression (except when it's traitor/malf in which case it's fine) simply isn't healthy. This runs the other way also - how man times have you ever seen ops fail, if they choose to subvert the AI for example? I have literally never seen it happen.

Having the AI on your side, whether it is sec, gang, a tator or whatever, is such a rediculously unbalanced advantage it's genuinely absurd.

And for the people that complained that antags have had 'too easy a time of it' without an AI around? That's exactly the point - rounds where the whole crew safely evacs after all the antags are ruthless gutted and the crew gets bored from nothin happening are shit. That stalls round progression.
When antags are able to stir shit up and make things happen, this causes FUN, and progresses the round.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #158133

imblyings wrote:all silicon policy was, was precedent worked out over time regarding what was acceptable under the rurus or not.

This just makes it sound even worse tbh

A lot more warnings, bans, and explanations for things that didn't need to be if they could just read it themselves.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #158136

Oldman Robustin wrote: But if you wrote out "Security Policy" or even "playing SS13 policy" you could write a small novel with what that actually entails in terms of expectations for your behavior.
Security policy in book form you say?
What a crazy thought.
imblyings wrote:all silicon policy was, was precedent worked out over time regarding what was acceptable under the rurus or not.

In other words ai policy still exists, it's just hidden
callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #158754

Malkevin wrote:
Oldman Robustin wrote: But if you wrote out "Security Policy" or even "playing SS13 policy" you could write a small novel with what that actually entails in terms of expectations for your behavior.
Security policy in book form you say?
What a crazy thought.

In other words ai policy still exists, it's just hidden
Most of Silicon policy still exists since its written in the laws. Which most people arguing against it would understand if they had read it in the first place.

Spoiler:

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
>trucking

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #158762

Except the stuff like not locking down toxins/genetics/singulo/etc, not making toxins ai proof, etc.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #158772

AIs act more predictably due to silicon policy. It is a brick wall you can choose to not bash your head on, if you plan on cracking skulls in front of the AI maybe you should prepare in some way and there are ways. I would honestly think people would have more problems with subverted murder machines that are the alternative.

Honestly even if AIs couldn't bolt the "I must escape every room instantly without tools" group would still be stopped by turning off the power, because a crowbar is too much to expect from someone in a station studded with firelocks.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #158942

Bolt, depower. The door is now literally impassable unless you destroy it or go around it because you need the power on to unbolt, and you need it unbolted to crowbar it.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #158984

Zilenan91 wrote:Bolt, depower. The door is now literally impassable unless you destroy it or go around it because you need the power on to unbolt, and you need it unbolted to crowbar it.
Cut the AI control wire and then cut and repair the power wire.

Spoiler:

>trucking

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:

ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #158985

Shhh don't reveal the secrets of hacking, let the AIs think they're invincible.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #158986

That requires insulated gloves, so either powergaming or being an engineer. Everybody else is unable to get past it.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #158994

>Gearing up to kill the AI and getting insulins
>Powergaming

Sure buddy
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #158996

You do realize not every interaction with the AI has to end in one killing or attemping to kill the other right.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #159021

Sure
In bizaro world
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #159320

Pretty much.

There are 4 states the AI exists in

1) Asimov and helping sec. It will remain this way until a traitor kills it.
2) Asimov and not helping sec. It will remain this way until the HOS kills it while the captain calls him a cuck over command radio.
3) Not asimov and helping sec. It will remain this way.
4) The captain has uploaded a weird lawset. Abandon station.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Jazaen
Byond Username: Jazaen

Post by Jazaen » #159329

You forgot two:
0.1 AI is traitor, but it helps sec. It will remain this way until in a fit of madness it reveals itself to a red valid-hunting tide or someone discovers it.
0.0 AI is a traitor and station is currently being flooded with plasma and is ravaged by: borgs, singularity, tesla, xenos relased from xenobio, admin memes or some combination thereof.
I play:
SMAI-Reactivation (SybilAI)
SMAI-Revolutions (BagilAI)
: Endorsed by Poly, the Parrot! https://twitter.com/Poly_the_Parrot/sta ... 7588301825
Shannah Rader (Sybil geneticist)
Janette Hall (Bagil geneticist)
Also, I'm a Game Admin or something right now. You can tell me how I'm doing here
I seriously hope you don't make the same mistakes I have