Abductors raiding the armory and murderboning

Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Abductors raiding the armory and murderboning

Post by Shaps-cloud » #163437

I thought that there was already a consensus that raiding the armory and killing people as an abductor was a bad thing, but apparently it's not codified so here we are. Using total omnisence and the ability to teleport anywhere and start killing people is dumb and against the whole "catch and release" purpose of abductors. Despite the decisions made before saying that abductees don't have full antag status, there's no actual precedence for punishing people who go around killing people, so I'd like to propose that abductors who murder or otherwise abuse their positions (stealing a comms board and endlessly recall the shuttle comes to mind) open themselves up for punishments from admins ranging from having their role be given to another player to jobbans in more egregious cases.

Abductors are a really neat side antag that relies on the players in their position being good sports and not just trying to remove as many people from the round as possible to justify their powers, and they should be held responsible for those powers if they abuse them.
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Re: Abductors raiding the armory and murderboning

Post by Zilenan91 » #163438

Ban people who do this it's fucking shit
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #163456

Add a reminder to when they spawn otherwise it's just banning people for something that is allowed under the rules
Shad0vvs
Byond Username: Shad0vvs

Post by Shad0vvs » #163457

Reminds me of the round when abductors had me and like 3 other people and just kept us all asleep for the rest of the round.
[03:37:46]SAY: Uriel Sutton/Shad0vvs : Alright
[03:37:47]SAY: Uriel Sutton/Shad0vvs : Shoot her in the face
[03:37:54]SAY: Sabella Rose/Burningone : Space law
[03:38:02]SAY: Uriel Sutton/Shad0vvs : If she says space law again
[03:38:04]SAY: Uriel Sutton/Shad0vvs : Space her
[03:38:09]SAY: Phoebe Lotsu/Shaps : The true space law
Hornygranny
Horny Police
Byond Username: Hornygranny

Post by Hornygranny » #163467

If I see you doing this instead of abducting people I will dust you, ban you from ghost roles, and put give you a note warning other admins you are not a good choice for events.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #163468

Just permaban them
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #163474

Random murderboning is shit and anybody who does it should be banned from abductor, but emptying the armory is a perfectly valid tactic. I strip sec officers I abduct for a reason: why should I leave them with their guns so they can dunk me later?
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #163484

Emptying the armory is probably fine just don't fucking gat people with all the guns
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #163505

Zilenan91 wrote:Emptying the armory is probably fine just don't fucking gat people with all the guns
For once Zil is right
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #163507

one time i murderboned as an abductor (with prompting from the other abductor who was being played by an admin) and got bwoinked by shaps, i immediately pulled out and apologized and it was pretty much gucci after that

so basically just put like a big ol' red warning on their screen saying that they're a passive antag and their main goal is not to kill people, that should be good enough
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #163509

PKPenguin321 wrote:one time i murderboned as an abductor (with prompting from the other abductor who was being played by an admin) and got bwoinked by shaps, i immediately pulled out and apologized and it was pretty much gucci after that

so basically just put like a big ol' red warning on their screen saying that they're a passive antag and their main goal is not to kill people, that should be good enough
That person probably shouldn't be an admin then ;0
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #163513

I do think its fine for them to murderbone if they lost the means to carry out their mission though.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #163514

If they lose their equipment, they should abduct people for points to buy replacements, or pray really hard whilst abducting people.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #163526

Give them an inability to use Human based weapons and spare regular batons/silencers along with their box of handcuffs. That way, losing your advanced baton isn't the end of the world.

Oh and murderboning as an Abductor is bad, you do stand on being ghosted and your role being given to someone else if you do it.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #163596

TheNightingale wrote:If they lose their equipment, they should abduct people for points to buy replacements,
Now there's a fucking golden idea.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #163597

Saegrimr wrote:
TheNightingale wrote:If they lose their equipment, they should abduct people for points to buy replacements,
except for the part where you need certain equipment to abduct people in the first place.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #163600

CPTANT wrote: except for the part where you need certain equipment to abduct people in the first place.
If you lose your baton in the first abduction, you earned the walk of shame out an airlock.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #163611

Eh not like the crew treats them well enough to deserve any better.

Buff decloner waste every hominid.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #164246

The decloner is already really good last I checked
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #164703

Saegrimr wrote:
not sure if you're being sarcastic but this is literally already how it works
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #164720

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Saegrimr wrote:
not sure if you're being sarcastic but this is literally already how it works
It's Saegrimr. Sarcasm is literally his blood.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #166243

Is it okay to steal stun equipment? Once the humans are aware of you, things become HARDMODE. Things you absolutely must steal once your cover is blown includes a high-access ID (Allows you to teleport into a quiet room near your target), medical supplies (because despite your ability to escape on a moment's notice, damage does occur!), and a ranged stun weapon (allows you to abduct someone who is in a group).

Abductor equipment is powerful, and all you need when you are undiscovered, but once the crew knows you exist, your standard loadout is insufficient. Even while still undiscovered, stealing an ID makes a world of difference in your effectiveness. The station lacks full camera coverage, therefore a proper ID is needed to extend your reach.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #166415

Ayyliens should have hands that are completely unhumanlike, so they can't use human equipment and vice versa.

If you get discovered and lose your equipment it should be your turn on the operating table
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #166416

Malkevin wrote:Ayyliens should have hands that are completely unhumanlike, so they can't use human equipment and vice versa.

If you get discovered and lose your equipment it should be your turn on the operating table
That's actually a really good idea. I'm all for abductors fucking with equipment and spacing the armory, but actually using it is another story.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #166434

I'm okay with them being able to use basic human equipment (pick up a toolbox, etc), but guns aren't really 'basic'. You know how hulks can't fire guns? Make it like that.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #166580

TheNightingale wrote:I'm okay with them being able to use basic human equipment (pick up a toolbox, etc), but guns aren't really 'basic'. You know how hulks can't fire guns? Make it like that.
"Ayy, look, it's something resembling one of our own weapons, that has roughly the same shape, I can clearly see a barrel and a trigger, geez...how the fuck do I use this?"
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #166595

Which is why monkeys, especially ones that used to be humans who knew how to do so, not being able to use guns is stupid bullshit.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #166620

Monkeys have humanish hands, ayyliens should have something weird like a hand of three opposable thumbs.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #166718

There was a bug that let lizards use ayy guns a while ago so take that nazi man
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #166722

Malkevin wrote:Monkeys have humanish hands, ayyliens should have something weird like a hand of three opposable thumbs.
Pretty much anything short of crab people would be able to grasp hold handle press trigger bullets come out and even they would manage a spray of bullets by holding at the trigger. I mean our guns don't even have safeties and at that point it becomes essentially hold rod and press. Would they be as accurate? No I would love randomly deviating shots to show and awkward or weak grip but not being able to shoot at all is nonsense.

We could always go the strength route and make ayys innate hulks or have gigantic hands or something but too many fingers is absurd.
ATDoop
Byond Username: ATDoop

Post by ATDoop » #166805

Malkevin wrote:Monkeys have humanish hands, ayyliens should have something weird like a hand of three opposable thumbs.
Maybe they have the same hands as us, but you could bullshit it and say that they don't want to use the guns for research purposes. Why risk damaging this strange alien tech you found on this space station?
Zilenan91 wrote:There was a bug that let lizards use ayy guns a while ago so take that nazi man
That was actually intentional. In the code it had a comment saying "stealth lizard buff".
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #166925

Just ban any asshole who pulls this shit. Though I suppose grabbing the shit and spacing it without killing everyone should be excusable.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #166932

ATDoop wrote:
Zilenan91 wrote:There was a bug that let lizards use ayy guns a while ago so take that nazi man
That was actually intentional. In the code it had a comment saying "stealth lizard buff".
we coders tend to be lazy