Allow Atmos Techs to disable plasma

kazeespada
Byond Username: Kaze Espada

Allow Atmos Techs to disable plasma

Post by kazeespada » #168722

So whenever the AI goes rogue, they always go full easy mode and flood the station with plasma. This guarentees that almost anyone aboard the station is dead and is generally unfun for everyone. On top of that, the borgs are often deployed to stun arm the atmos techs and CE and end their day.

So, I propose we remove the line in the rules that prevents atmos techs from slapping a manual valve on the plasma tank(and other atmos tanks).
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: Allow Atmos Techs to disable plasma

Post by Saegrimr » #168724

Why
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
kazeespada

Post by kazeespada » #168725

Because I shouldn't have to spend all round worrying that I am about to be killed by a rogue AI. And Its just not that feeling of being a traitor target, its the fact that my job poses a threat to AI EZ mode.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #168726

Why are you worried that the AI is rogue?
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #168727

The AI kills literally everyone if it has a brain if it's a traitor.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
kazeespada

Post by kazeespada » #168728

Because if the AI floods plasma, its guarenteed to kill everyone with little to no counter play. It requires no planning on the AIs part, and it can't be actively be prevented by human players due to the rule.
Shad0vvs
Byond Username: Shad0vvs

Post by Shad0vvs » #168730

But the second you see plasma you just run into atmos and turn off the pipes/unwrench, and how will you die to plasma, wouldn't you just turn on your o2 mask if your an atmos tech?
[03:37:46]SAY: Uriel Sutton/Shad0vvs : Alright
[03:37:47]SAY: Uriel Sutton/Shad0vvs : Shoot her in the face
[03:37:54]SAY: Sabella Rose/Burningone : Space law
[03:38:02]SAY: Uriel Sutton/Shad0vvs : If she says space law again
[03:38:04]SAY: Uriel Sutton/Shad0vvs : Space her
[03:38:09]SAY: Phoebe Lotsu/Shaps : The true space law
kazeespada

Post by kazeespada » #168731

Shad0vvs wrote:But the second you see plasma you just run into atmos and turn off the pipes/unwrench, and how will you die to plasma, wouldn't you just turn on your o2 mask if your an atmos tech?
No, the AI always specifically sends borgs after atmos techs.
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #168744

That's a rule? I could have sworn one of the suggestions in the atmos guide on the wiki is to AI-proof atmos
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #168747

kazeespada wrote:So whenever the AI goes rogue, they always go full easy mode and flood the station with plasma. This guarentees that almost anyone aboard the station is dead and is generally unfun for everyone. On top of that, the borgs are often deployed to stun arm the atmos techs and CE and end their day.

So, I propose we remove the line in the rules that prevents atmos techs from slapping a manual valve on the plasma tank(and other atmos tanks).
There will never be a reversal of this policy, period. If you're that worried about the AI flooding plasma then you're playing the game the wrong way.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #168751

B-but what if I lose?
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
kazeespada

Post by kazeespada » #168756

Atlanta-Ned wrote:
kazeespada wrote:So whenever the AI goes rogue, they always go full easy mode and flood the station with plasma. This guarentees that almost anyone aboard the station is dead and is generally unfun for everyone. On top of that, the borgs are often deployed to stun arm the atmos techs and CE and end their day.

There will never be a reversal of this policy, period. If you're that worried about the AI flooding plasma then you're playing the game the wrong way.
Literally the first thing an AI did during a meme round as soon as it could was flood plasma.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #168759

Don't go into the halls if you don't wanna burn to death or locate one of the many firesuits
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #168760

But guais, AI flooding fire requires you to counterplay. You know what else required counterplay? Literally everything else Secborgs! I rest my case. Remove AI 20XX, too good, everyone hates it
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #168765

this is fucking stupid
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #168766

IC it makes complete sense. If we had to roleplay, it's such a glaring OHS violation each round should be roleplayed as the captain finding out about this heinous lack of safety onboard a fragile space station and rectifying it with new procedures and policies. There's literally no reason for a highly toxic and flammable gas to be hooked up to the same air distribution system that sends breathing air around a space station at all, unless you come up with some headcanon but that's all it'll ever be, headcanon.

We still keep it though, for gameplay mechanic reasons.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #168771

What if we kept every crew member in a 1x1 cell on board of an emergency shuttle since the beginning of the round until it ends? That way nobody loses, except those pesky antags.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #168779

imblyings wrote:IC it makes complete sense. If we had to roleplay, it's such a glaring OHS violation each round should be roleplayed as the captain finding out about this heinous lack of safety onboard a fragile space station and rectifying it with new procedures and policies. There's literally no reason for a highly toxic and flammable gas to be hooked up to the same air distribution system that sends breathing air around a space station at all, unless you come up with some headcanon but that's all it'll ever be, headcanon.

We still keep it though, for gameplay mechanic reasons.
>Centcom
>Following Health & Safety procedures
You're talking about a company that's too cheap to put sprinklers on board their highly advanced space station and uses a blackhole/energy hole for their power needs when solar panels supply enough power to run the station without trouble.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #168792

tedward1337 wrote:this is fucking stupid
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Munchlax
Byond Username: Lobstercake

Post by Munchlax » #168795

literally autism the thread
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #168802

geilebeer wrote:literally autism the thread
The thread is literally "I want to metagame because if I don't metagame I die"

Counterplaying plasmaflood is easy enough.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #168840

Anonmare wrote:>Centcom
>Following Health & Safety procedures
You're talking about a company that's too cheap to put sprinklers on board their highly advanced space station and uses a blackhole/energy hole for their power needs when solar panels supply enough power to run the station without trouble.
it's true, the station has a dozen million inconsistencies that reduce the station to a running sitcom on how things shouldn't be if I think too hard about it.
Aloraydrel
Byond Username: Aloraydrel
Github Username: Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #168842

Some high quality memes going on over here
kazeespada

Post by kazeespada » #168845

More like everyone dies if i dont metagame.
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #168846

inconsistencies like how people get away with neon green hair and dark purple beards
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #168847

Let's also make all borgs not sync'd to the AI round start, what if the AI is malfunctioning?
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #168852

lzimann wrote:Let's also make all borgs not sync'd to the AI round start, what if the AI is malfunctioning?
UnFunFact™: I got dunked by this two rounds in a row once. It's actually super lame and uncool to build unlinked borgs fnr.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #168854

kazeespada wrote:More like everyone dies if i dont metagame.
Wouldn't want anything actually capable of hurting the crew in the game, now would we?
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #168860

shit thread, I've memed at aloray and I don't want him memeing me back so I'm going to be a dirty cheater and lock this thread