Sentient mobs created by sentient mobs

J_Madison
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Akesson

Sentient mobs created by sentient mobs

Post by J_Madison » #176700

Do they follow their creator's commands?
This includes spiders. It's shitty as fuck to spawn spiders, which lays eggs, then once that egg hatches that spider that came from the egg just validkills you because he's technically an antag.
edit; and doesn't technically need to follow your orders.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: Sentient mobs created by sentient mobs

Post by Saegrimr » #176710

Ahelp because that's retarded and i'd gladly ban that spider under Rule 1.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #176716

Saegrimr wrote:Ahelp because that's retarded and i'd gladly ban that spider under Rule 1.
I did; Shaps told me he wouldn't be doing anything about it and told me to make a thread and talk to headmins.

I'd give you a ckey, but he wouldn't give me one when I asked.
Knaive
Byond Username: Knaive

Post by Knaive » #176719

Say you join the server mid-round and a prompt asking if you want to be a spider pops up. You hit yes and you wake up alone, no other spiders around and no memories telling you 'so and so said this or do that.' How would you be able to justify banning someone who had no legitimate knowledge of those events in the first place?
J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #176724

why did they go around attacking people in the first place? not to mention the spider that created them told him not to.

it's more of a "don't validhunt everything just cause" if you don't know what is your orders.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #176725

Knaive wrote:Say you join the server mid-round and a prompt asking if you want to be a spider pops up. You hit yes and you wake up alone, no other spiders around and no memories telling you 'so and so said this or do that.' How would you be able to justify banning someone who had no legitimate knowledge of those events in the first place?
That's fine.

Something like what was described about attacking other spiders because LEL ANTAG VALID is shit.
We ban xenomorphs for the same thing, it should be common sense but this is /tg/.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #176726

This is a common sense thing.

There is no reason to be obligated to obey your momma spider unless explicitly told so, but killing them fnr is simply rule 1 faggotry.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #176736

lumipharon wrote:This is a common sense thing.

There is no reason to be obligated to obey your momma spider unless explicitly told so, but killing them fnr is simply rule 1 faggotry.
I think he's talking about the spider killing lots of humans, not the other spiders, as the prime concern.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #176743

this doesn't even need a ruling, just leave it up to the admin who enforces it at the time
J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #176747

oranges wrote:this doesn't even need a ruling, just leave it up to the admin who enforces it at the time
what is this rng on admins now. damn oranges you're killing me. rng killed robustin's parents.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #176848

Cheimon wrote:
lumipharon wrote:This is a common sense thing.

I think he's talking about the spider killing lots of humans, not the other spiders, as the prime concern.
Oh, player created mobs?

Well if an ordinary giant killer spider will murder you on sight, why would the one you spawn in science be any different?
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #176879

lumipharon wrote:Well if an ordinary giant killer spider will murder you on sight, why would the one you spawn in science be any different?
Depending on the method used to spawn it, theres big text telling you to not be a fuckface, follow your master, or nothing at all (which basically means go be an asshole spider)
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #176938

Anyone creating sentient nurse spiders deserves absolutely anything they get.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #177014

The eggs have no perogative to follow the orders of some smelly human. They should gladly kill him and make eggs from his corpse to propagate the species.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #177015

Saegrimr wrote:
lumipharon wrote:Well if an ordinary giant killer spider will murder you on sight, why would the one you spawn in science be any different?
Depending on the method used to spawn it, theres big text telling you to not be a fuckface, follow your master, or nothing at all (which basically means go be an asshole spider)
I know, see my earlier post.