ChangelingRain
Byond Username: ChangelingRain
Github Username: ChangelingRain

Ling revealing themselves to sec to eat other lings

Post by ChangelingRain » #16004

Is this okay yes/no
Can I report lings doing it to admins yes/no
Is ling betrayal in general okay yes/no
Plays Joan Lung and various AIs and cyborgs with mythology and magical creature-themed names. Joan on IRC.
earth-clawing illuminati trans girl
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Re: Ling revealing themselves to sec to eat other lings

Post by paprika » #16007

I'd cremate a ling that sells out his friends out of sheer principle as sec... but to answer your question, no, it's not, the rare occassion where sec works with antags isn't necessarily against the rules.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Kelenius
Byond Username: Kelenius

Post by Kelenius » #16008

Yes
No
Yes

Because lolnonteamantagsfreegrifflicense

You can expect a harsh beating from other lings, though
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #16010

Good luck i'm behind 4 sec officers
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #16024

Why wouldn't it be okay?
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #16030

I have no problem with this.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #16031

Good luck finding a Sec team that won't get their valids on. (And a general crew as well.)
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

Lovecraft
Byond Username: Rabukurafuto

Post by Lovecraft » #16038

You'd actually be suprised how many Sec. teams I've found that have voiced for working with the lings, and have actually attempted to stop my persecution of them.
Friendly reminder that you are beautiful and this server would be nothing without your continued support
I play August Finster, a suave midget with a grudge, as well as Francis Heart, the naked guitarist of the Cosmos.
Spoiler:
Nobody is worthless. PM me anytime to talk.
Isane
Byond Username: Isane

Post by Isane » #16042

Persecution being "I'm the Captain and I say execute the ling." or "I'm a greyshirt with a stun prod and need to get my valids on."?
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #16048

That said, I don't want to see people complaining about "powergaming security" when your plan backfires and they end up killing you.

Same goes for any "Friendly" antag
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #16051

Ikarrus wrote:That said, I don't want to see people complaining about "powergaming security" when your plan backfires and they end up killing you.

Same goes for any "Friendly" antag
People will complain. In fact, it's perfectly normal to complain when something goes wrong for you. Shocking, I know.

Demanding administrative actions though would be ludicrous.
Lovecraft

Post by Lovecraft » #16056

Isane wrote:Persecution being "I'm the Captain and I say execute the ling." or "I'm a greyshirt with a stun prod and need to get my valids on."?
If I'm a Head of Security, and my staff is keeping a Changeling in perma to feed prisoners to, and they refuse to cease, there's an issue. That's just one case though.
Most of the time it's "What they did nothing wrong" when lore wise yes they have and game wise yes they have.
Friendly reminder that you are beautiful and this server would be nothing without your continued support
I play August Finster, a suave midget with a grudge, as well as Francis Heart, the naked guitarist of the Cosmos.
Spoiler:
Swagile
Byond Username: Swagile

Post by Swagile » #16083

I actually had a really fucking good ling round when I was HoS. QM said he was a Merc Ling and wanted to help out.

I tested him on whether he was a real ling and he transformed into me. Gave him sec gear and told him to lure out a ling.

Tells me a scientist at front of brig is a ling. I call the scientist out on it and he calls me crazy, and I tell him straight out that a fellow ling ratted him out. He doesn't run and plays his cards right so I haul him to interrogation on his own suggestion.

After this happens, I get a piece of paper and try and get him to write a confessional statement and to sign it saying that he "isn't a ling". Suddenly I get tased by the guy I trusted with sec gear and call out for help. The scientist I was questioning armbladed and started hitting me until suddenly he gets stunned by my QM bud.

Sec pour in and harm baton both but I save my QM buddy. 10/10 plan, what was actually happening was that the QM was pretending to be the scientists friend over :g chat and at the last moment betrayed him. All of the sec and captain watched as the QM ling ate the scientist ling and we filtered out after that, no fucks given.

Don't remember the ckey of the QM but the sting we pulled was amazing. Worked like clockwork.

/tg/ station github 420 issues
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #16124

Lovecraft wrote:
Isane wrote:Persecution being "I'm the Captain and I say execute the ling." or "I'm a greyshirt with a stun prod and need to get my valids on."?
If I'm a Head of Security, and my staff is keeping a Changeling in perma to feed prisoners to, and they refuse to cease, there's an issue. That's just one case though.
Most of the time it's "What they did nothing wrong" when lore wise yes they have and game wise yes they have.
No, you want to kill Lings for the sheer principle of being Lings, so for example if they're walking around with arm blades clearly not doing anything malicious you still want them killed. While IC i see why it's being a big dick ooc. It's up there with killing someone because they have a balloon.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Munchlax
Byond Username: Lobstercake

Post by Munchlax » #16157

Having armblades out and having a syndieballoon out are two different things, you can't kill someone with a balloon in seconds.
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #16172

colonic having an armblade out is literally exactly like walking around with an esword in your hand
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #16177

And I said they're not doing it for malice. It's like buying an esword so you can light cigars and shit. Do people valid hunt you? Yes. Is a shitty thing to valid for? Yes.
miggles

Post by miggles » #16178

no because nobody can tell if the fucking deadly weapon you're holding in your hands/replacing your arm with is going to be used for lighting cigarettes or whatever
its like bringing a gun into a bank so you can do an impromptu safety lesson on what to do if a stranger points a gun at you
Munchlax

Post by Munchlax » #16294

Holy shit, killing someone for having a esword out isn't validhunting, if that's your logic then what isn't validhunting ingame colonic.
And nobody buys an esword for just lighting cigars, comeon.
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #16308

I do.
I then gave it away to an assistant who could answer a simple question because i had already done my objective.
Here's the thing, it's still validhunting even if it's the most obvious shit. The type of people who go bartender just for the gun and then as soon as they hear about a antag in the other side of the station they run past everything just to make sure he/she dies. Those are the types of people who kill people because they're walking around with eswords even when the guy shouts out 2 minutes earlier that he got it from that dead traitor over the yonder.

Oh yeah it's totally not shitty guys it's just playing the game to its fullest extent! xd
miggles

Post by miggles » #16311

youre legit fucking retarded if you get mad when people kill you while youre holding an esword
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #16312

who said i get mad
lmao literally i like the assumption that because i don't do a certain thing it means i got mad because someone did it to me???
literally i don't get legit angry at this game, the last time was in like late 2012 where i got like actually angry. if i see someone valid hunt i don't get all red and flustured and shout out in real life? I just say "wow" and continue my game i dunno where you got this idea i get mad at that shit.
Lovecraft

Post by Lovecraft » #16314

You just seem pretty salty.
Spoiler:
Munchlax

Post by Munchlax » #16329

Well ok everyone made their point lets get back on topic.
Mono
Byond Username: Mon0

Post by Mono » #19739

I would gladly be security's pet and even volunteer to wear an electropack as a collar. Is there a traitor boy!? Sick em!
Spoiler:
Mono was Sweeny Thyme (survived)
Objective #1: Make an example out of those who would harm the station's innocent animals. Success!
Objective #2: Do not kill them. Success!
The traitor was successful!

DEAD: ADMIN(Scaredofshadows) says, "assistants are to space stations as badgers are to the animal kingdom"
DEAD: ADMIN(Scaredofshadows) says, "too many badgers and they'd take over the world"

OOC: Arkire: Wizards, please obey the wizardly bushido code of honour in the future, so as to avoid hurting the feelings of the people you're allowed - and encouraged - to kill. I suggest falling on your staff and being impaled in order to appease them
420goslingboy69
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Usednapkin

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #19854

i just like to keep everyone in the round
i play :):):):):)autumn sinnow
this man's:):):):):) army
DESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERD:):):):):)ESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROY:):):):):)ERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDEST:):):):):)ROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDES:):):):):)TROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYER
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Lovecraft

Post by Lovecraft » #19858

420goslingboy69 wrote:i just like to keep everyone in the round
Fucking nerd.
Spoiler:
Tokiko2
Byond Username: Tokiko1

Post by Tokiko2 » #20185

Since this is kind of related: What about security that happily murders and cremates people just because a ling tells them that they are a ling aswell? Often, there's no investigation or testing. I've had a round where I claimed to be a ling wanting to betray their ling friends(but was in reality a traitor) and security happily agreed to arrest, kill and gib the random people I called lings, including my assasination target. I've also been at the receiving end of this several times and it's not fun.

I don't think security should be allowed to do that. Just because lings see the ling chat does not mean that they are always telling the truth and that their word should be enough to confirm someone as a changeling.
Mandurrrh

Post by Mandurrrh » #20187

Tokiko2 wrote:Since this is kind of related: What about security that happily murders and cremates people just because a ling tells them that they are a ling aswell? Often, there's no investigation or testing. I've had a round where I claimed to be a ling wanting to betray their ling friends(but was in reality a traitor) and security happily agreed to arrest, kill and gib the random people I called lings, including my assasination target. I've also been at the receiving end of this several times and it's not fun.

I don't think security should be allowed to do that. Just because lings see the ling chat does not mean that they are always telling the truth and that their word should be enough to confirm someone as a changeling.

Um... A lot of this just has to do with the fact it's you. People either blatantly ignore your obvious traitor or believe anything you say. You have social gamed the fuck out of this server and its brilliant.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #20372

No, most players are willing to trust someone saying they're a ling if it means they can get a ton of valids on. This is more of a problem with sec players, not tokiko. Killing people without substantial evidence just because someone says they're a ling is totally bogus.

Oh, and if sec never asked you to prove that you're a changeling they're completely retarded tokiko.
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Post by leibniz » #20454

Tokiko2 wrote:Since this is kind of related: What about security that happily murders and cremates people just because a ling tells them that they are a ling aswell? Often, there's no investigation or testing. I've had a round where I claimed to be a ling wanting to betray their ling friends(but was in reality a traitor) and security happily agreed to arrest, kill and gib the random people I called lings, including my assasination target. I've also been at the receiving end of this several times and it's not fun.

Grey area, potential jobban for sec if they are killing people without proper investigation.
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #20456

leibniz wrote:

Grey area, potential jobban for sec if they are killing people without proper investigation.
I had a round a while ago, as the HoS (As usual), where the Clown PDA messaged me that he was a Changeling. This was a good 20-30 minutes into the round and after a few traitors had been captured. I simply told the alleged LingClown to not do anything bad and whatnot. As the round went forward, Spiderlings started to become a problem. The problem where you have to rescue people trapped in the holodeck. I found the Clown Ling outside of the Brig and told him to stop crapping out Lings, the Clown said he was not doing it but the Roboticist was.

I ask the AI to observe the Robo and in a matter of seconds the AI confirms the Robo is a ling (Changing identity).

The rest is history.

--------

Lings surrendering their identity to Security do so at their own peril, your far more likely to get a Baton to the face by a overzealous Security team than anything else.

To Sec players, if a guy says they are a Ling. Make sure to ask them to prove that otherwise and be wary of their word. In my case I got lucky and got a more cooperative Ling player.