Oppression

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Oppression

Post by Skorvold » #100179

All lizards spawn on the gulag with mining tools They are equipped with painful shock collars that can be activated by the Warden via the Prisoner Management Console. In some rounds, the mighty Lizardicus spawns with a hidden uplink and a deactivated shock collar. He possesses the ability to disable the other sub-humans shock collars.

The demographic for this idea is Security players. Liggers need not apply, as they most likely can't read anyway.

For those that can, please send all constructive idea criticism (hateful comments) to wrongopinions@outlook.com.
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Re: Oppression

Post by lumipharon » #100195

didn't a PR for explosive collars or something just recently get merged?
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #100197

The shock (or explosive, that's fun as well) collars is a good idea, but only if we get T45/51b power armour too...

As for the rest, remember that time you armbladed yourself into critical?
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #100207

lumipharon wrote:didn't a PR for explosive collars or something just recently get merged?
Sorry, nope. Bomb collars just got closed, not merged. :X
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #100231

Xhuis wrote:
lumipharon wrote:didn't a PR for explosive collars or something just recently get merged?
Sorry, nope. Bomb collars just got closed, not merged. :X
Why Xhuis

I needed these

I trusted you
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Post by invisty » #100233

CosmicScientist wrote:
Spoiler:
At least give the gulag a departmental officer position, the first one that gets assigned so they can get their baton out to brain the slaves residents repeatedly.

You did mean they'd only be wearing shock collars and no headsets/backpacks/IDs/clothes except for cuffed orange shoes right? Because I think you can do one better and put a shackle on their ankle that is connected to a rusted chain that if they try to touch without gloves to either tug on them or remove them they get 5 brute on their hand and tetanus. The chain is connected to an anchor that causes 1 brute for every tick they try to walk further than there is slack in the chain. If they spend 5 seconds tugging at the end of their chain, they take 30 stamina damage but move the anchor by 1 tile. A sec officer has the ID access to unlock an anchor for movement that only causes stamina damage when tugged by the resident but if their ID is 5 tiles away from the anchor, it locks down and sends an electric shock for 20 burn to the resident if they try to move it again in the next ten seconds, this also stuns them.

If they are not on the gulag Z-level they should feel their shock collar vibrate and stun them. If they spend 10 more seconds off the Z-level they receive a stun and 10 burn. If they reach 15 seconds, a stun and a 15 burn. This increases every 5 seconds.

There should be a cafeteria for the residents, a trough built into the floor that a slurry feeds into every 10 minutes with low nutritional food with some of that junk food chem but also has an addiction quality too, not one which outpaces the "I don't want to eat junk food", just one which is slightly slower acting and results in shakes and coughs, making them drop their mining equipment.

After this, replace the brig or to a lesser extent perma with gulag and don't discourage killing new inmates for their clothes and any pizza slices that may or may not have found their way into their pockets and may or may not be poisoned with the common cold or any other disease although minor makes annoying messages pop up.
So basically the age old slave miner/migrants idea but with lizards instead?

I'd kinda prefer if we didn't have the lizards as a character option anyway, but at the same time I'd also prefer all the other snowflakey shit like pink hair to be removed.
Mime: Depresso
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #100290

Cue immediate deconstruction of mining comms, removal of all collars, lockering of all lizards, and an eerie silence as the security detail struggles not to waltz straight into the trap.

Knowing the robustness of the average greytider and stupidity of the average officer, this is going to tilt fast.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #100319

>removing bomb collars on the asteroid

>expecting security to not just tell the R&D staff that it's open season with maxcaps on anyone still on the roid

>Expecting anything other than flashbangs followed by immediate execution
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #100329

>expecting R&D not to be staffed by traitors
>expecting the non-traitors not to lub lub their slimes
>expecting security to even think that far

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #100342

>expecting traitors not to murderbone security the moment they see they're occupied

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #100370

I believe this thread has run its course to completion
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter