Nuke weapon stuff

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Nuke weapon stuff

Post by Scones » #112432

6 gorillion threads about how free shit is the source of the problem

Concise version of idea:
- Bulldogs now in the uplink
- SMG price lowered to something respectable
- New handgun (35 brute?) instead (Interested in giving armor pen which we evidently have code for)

Now you have to spend TC on actually having something more than a sidearm, but your sidearm is a bit more respectable

Avoids "I have a free revolver with 2 TC magazines so I can spend 20TC on support gear and implants" syndrome
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Re: Nuke weapon stuff

Post by Zilenan91 » #112443

Or just make C20-Rs standard issue with 5 free ones, they're about as good as bulldogs without the synergy and unconditional 2 shot, and far more fun to fight against and with, though you would probably need an easier way to get ammo for them than buying it manually like shotgun grab bags.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #112444

The lack of needing to invest in a weapon is the most powercreepy thing and was /never intended/

Bulldogs initially had stun shells because they were supposed to replace eguns
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #112445

Thing is, Ops will basically need some kind of free gun outside of their shitty, crew usable pistol, otherwise they can't buy a borg to kill Validyeller McDoorBolter 9000.

Also another thing, even with free, upgraded revolvers, Ops still have around a 50% winrate afaik
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #112446

I remember eguns worked pretty well

I still think we should just give them old-eguns (the ones with stun and kill, not disabler eguns) back and change their sprite or whatever to look more syndicate-y and stop fucking around with all this "muh starter weapons" bullshit
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #112449

add bulldog to uplink, with a low price. lower C20-R price, it's not worth anything near 14 TC (and then the 3~ magazines of ammo you'll need to kill anything respectable..) i think the stechkin should just be buffed, it's not very good in my opinion. as a sidearm it's basically just something assistants steal to shoot up your team with, because it has no firing pin. it's also really lackluster in traitor, which sucks because it looks neat and i think a light pistol should be a viable weapon.

oh, and maybe adding ammo grab bags for things other than the bulldog might be good, so you could buy cheaper mass ammo for C-20R or M90 opsquads.

also when are we getting an L6 box magazine of explosive rounds anyway

that would be fucking sick
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #112450

Each uplink can buy ONE and ONLY one primary weapon.

Buy not giving them a free weapon you avoid the possibilities of:
A: not enough TC's to get all their shit.
B: too much TC's, to the point they can just abuse other shit (mechs, 5 borgs etc) and ignore guns completely.

By having them still purchasable in the uplinks, you are still abel to balance the amount of TC's they have access to.

For example, numbers out of anus, a c-20r could be 5tc, a SAW could be 20tc.

Everyone knows that nuke ops scale with pop really fucking poorly (too easy to win at low pop, rather hard to win at very high pop without extreme cheese), but that is a seperate issue.

Edit: You guys do know the stechkin is already 30 brute per hit right? It's actually robust as fuck for a free side arm.
Cik

Post by Cik » #112460

stechkin is alright, it can break windows and it's okay when they are funnelling down one tile wide corridors. if they have any room to move you're going to get raped though.

in nukeops and gang it's fine though, it just needs to be cheaper for traitors.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #112462

The stechkin is perfectly viable in traitor rounds for taking down single targets, it's price point right now coupled with its extremely cheap ammo probably leaves it as one of the more balanced items in the uplink.
Cik

Post by Cik » #112465

TechnoAlchemist wrote:The stechkin is perfectly viable in traitor rounds for taking down single targets, it's price point right now coupled with its extremely cheap ammo probably leaves it as one of the more balanced items in the uplink.
traitor:crew ratio isn't exactly 1/1. sure you can kill like one guy if you simply draw and unload at point blank range, but as a weapon for attacking anybody with a weapon or anybody that isn't going to walk into maint alone? pff
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #112467

A 10mm pocket sized pistol isn't really meant for taking on multiple people. It's pretty much a stealth weapon especially if you buy the silencer(very worth it).

If you want to go on a crazy murder spree invest in the extra 3(?) tc for a revolver.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #112471

TechnoAlchemist wrote:A 10mm pocket sized pistol isn't really meant for taking on multiple people. It's pretty much a stealth weapon especially if you buy the silencer(very worth it).

If you want to go on a crazy murder spree invest in the extra 3(?) tc for a revolver.
Basically this.

You can kill someone with a suppressed stechkin and they won't even realise they're getting shot until they're in crit.
What's more is that you can do this with people nearby, and they typically won't even realise.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #112500

lumipharon wrote:Each uplink can buy ONE and ONLY one primary weapon.

Buy not giving them a free weapon you avoid the possibilities of:
A: not enough TC's to get all their shit.
B: too much TC's, to the point they can just abuse other shit (mechs, 5 borgs etc) and ignore guns completely.

By having them still purchasable in the uplinks, you are still abel to balance the amount of TC's they have access to.

For example, numbers out of anus, a c-20r could be 5tc, a SAW could be 20tc.

Everyone knows that nuke ops scale with pop really fucking poorly (too easy to win at low pop, rather hard to win at very high pop without extreme cheese), but that is a seperate issue.

Edit: You guys do know the stechkin is already 30 brute per hit right? It's actually robust as fuck for a free side arm.
I totally agree with the C20-R price reduction and would be way up for it if it costed 5 TC. 14 is just way too much, and is insane. As said before, we would need a C20 ammo grab bag for the Op teams.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Cik

Post by Cik » #112529

agree, most nukeop weapons need to be reduced in price, 14+6 for 3 magazines is a fucking eshield (ranged stun immunity) and most of an emag (essential) why bother with a C-20R when you get a free bulldog that is basically an equivalent weapon for free?

the M90-GL at least offers something unique, a grenade launcher but it's probably still overpriced, and the L6 is.. never taken, but my wager is it's probably overpriced. it and a box of ammo is more(?) expensive than a syndiborg, but with the syndiborg you gain better action economy, so it's probably superior. i'd like to see the L6 reduced in price by quite abit, because having a machine gun is pretty neat.
Stan_Studnick
Byond Username: Stan_Studnick

Post by Stan_Studnick » #112563

Lower prices for the guns all around is a good idea, this is the only server I've been on where I went from the shuttle to the station with less than three guns.

If the crew can manage to order more guns or make more guns, they can quickly overpower the nuke ops if they don't accomplish their objectives fast. Hell, even with just the armory, head guns, bartender shotgun, and medbay's syringe guns a fast-moving crew can fucking wreck the nuke ops if they spent their TC unwisely.