Remove Detain mode

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Remove Detain mode

Post by Anonmare » #117805

Seriously, unless you've got something adrenal it's bullshit baton stunlock only a securitron' baton never runs dry, has perfect timing and never gets bored. If you get stunned it's GG no re and you're stuck in an infinite cycle of uncounterable stunning.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Re: Remove Detain mode

Post by Shaps-cloud » #117824

I remember some guy got cucked by beepsky outside the sec escape pod airlock (how beepsky got out to space is still a mystery) and detained him for about 10 minutes until the poor bastard ghosted, and then kept on detaining him for the rest of the round because no officers came to get him. If the officers can't respond to someone getting arrested within a minute or so, they're probably never going to bother getting them
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #117853

Detain mode is stupid and I woulda sworn oranges removed it at some point.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #117857

iirc there was a rally to remove it a while back and it got shut down
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #117928

Detain mode should, if it happens for more than, say, 6 minutes, give the criminal an extra-hard thwack to keep them down for like 10 seconds, then the secutron trundle off like nothing happened.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #117935

It didn't get shutdown I just stopped doing it because it was more pain than it was worth to try to deal with pro/anti sec. I'd rather fight over skub

https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/10282
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #117993

Shaps wrote:I remember some guy got cucked by beepsky outside the sec escape pod airlock (how beepsky got out to space is still a mystery) and detained him for about 10 minutes until the poor bastard ghosted, and then kept on detaining him for the rest of the round because no officers came to get him. If the officers can't respond to someone getting arrested within a minute or so, they're probably never going to bother getting them

When the salvage team arrived at the derelict wreck of a station 20 years later, they were greeted with the sight of a barely functional tiny droid halfheartedly tapping an emaciated corpse with what appeared to be the worn down remains of some sort of baton
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #118052

Keep detain mode, make it stop detaining after X amount of time