Cheap Traitor Chameleon Armour

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Cheap Traitor Chameleon Armour

Post by Steelpoint » #117985

Thanks to Ausops for this suggestion.

What I want to put forward is to replace the current Chameleon Jumpsuit with Chameleon Armour, what this means is that Traitors can buy a cheap item that not only helps for disguises but also offers some basic protection.

The protection values can be put forward for debate, but I propose the jumpsuit should cover the WHOLE body (head to tail), this can be explained with the usage of small smart nanites that form around incoming attacks to pad out the blow.

Your thoughts?
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Re: Cheap Traitor Chameleon Armour

Post by Wyzack » #117994

Sounds cool, might actually cause people to buy them. Is it still being considered to give chameleon ability to noslips as well? This would literally do nothing but remove stupid meta about the shoes you wear.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #118006

If they're the most armored jumpsuit in the game then I could totally get behind it (the current most armored is the sec jumpsuit with 10 resistance across the board, if memory serves). It's still of limited use, but if it's the same price as the current chameleon, it'll see more use than it for sure.

Keep in mind, that unless a tator is going loud, they're going to probably not have any other armor on. Balance accordingly.
Wyzack wrote:Sounds cool, might actually cause people to buy them. Is it still being considered to give chameleon ability to noslips as well? This would literally do nothing but remove stupid meta about the shoes you wear.
I don't know why no one has done this before honestly.
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #118009

I only tend to buy chameleon jumpsuits when I'm a clown traitor for gimmicks, I think some kind of armour thing would be cool
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #118010

10 to 20 general defence against melee, laser and bullets sounds about right.

If we go for no slips why not make two armour's, one cheap for general basic defence and a advance armour that offers a bit more protection and no slipping but a little more expensive (assuming I can get it to work)
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #118025

Posting my suggestion from OOC - a Chameleon Jacket, which acts as our current chameleon suit but for externalwear (eg. coats, armour and the like). It only copies their appearance, not their function - unless you get an expensive advanced version, possibly?
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
blobbernaut
Byond Username: Blobbernaut

Post by blobbernaut » #118299

sec jumpsuit is only from melee. Having this jumpsuit have a bit more protection, and make that protection for all types of damage, would be cool. Maybe 15 for everything. That way it'll actually make a difference, the cost can be balanced around that.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #118344

If it's a jump suit, that means you can stack the protection with exosuits.
Considering we had a fuckhuge thing about nerfing all the armour all the time, I don't think that would go over well.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #118348

lumipharon wrote:If it's a jump suit, that means you can stack the protection with exosuits.
Considering we had a fuckhuge thing about nerfing all the armour all the time, I don't think that would go over well.

This would ideally happen along with the pistols being added in, but we all know what happened to those.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS