Have Grav gen be linked to the main powergrid

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Have Grav gen be linked to the main powergrid

Post by Bombadil » #118824

You literally have to go to the center of the station and blow it up to even deactivate it as a nuclear operative. Used to be ops would go in blow grav gen and fly in with their jetpacks going supersonic.

If we link it to the powergrid it will shutdown after the power is drained but take a whole minute to do so
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Re: Have Grav gen be linked to the main powergrid

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #118877

Bombadil wrote:You literally have to go to the center of the station and blow it up to even deactivate it as a nuclear operative. Used to be ops would go in blow grav gen and fly in with their jetpacks going supersonic.

If we link it to the powergrid it will shutdown after the power is drained but take a whole minute to do so
I support this suggestion. It's fine to give it it's own APC< but it's own fully-charged off-grid SMES is too much.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
JackHunt
Byond Username: JackHunt

Post by JackHunt » #118939

The only thing is gravity going off aside from purposeful sabotage is really crappy. It's one of the most vital parts of the station and shouldn't fail just because engineering didn't setup power. Atmos works from roundstart afterall. Perhaps move the SMES to a more vulnerable position and have a dedicated wire run to the grav gen APC?
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #118944

JackHunt wrote:[..]one of the most vital parts of the station and shouldn't fail just because engineering didn't setup power.
Like the entirety of medbay, science, cargo, atmos... I'm pretty sure "breathing" is one of those vital things but atmos doesn't have its own dedicated SMES.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
duncathan
Byond Username: Dunc
Github Username: duncathan

Post by duncathan » #118945

In fact atmos is one of, if not the, first departments to lose power if power isn't set up.
Players can and will create their own fun.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #118955

Yeah, but at least every crewman has a set of internals. They're good for ages in the event of atmos stopping, and the air in the room lasts for a while too.

The crew is vastly worse equipped for gravity failure, since the tools to deal with it (magboots and jetpacks) are few and far between.
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #118976

I think the whole room just needs to be moved to be less secure, ideally somewhere somewhat away from telecomms so it's not trivial to bomb both as a nuke op.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #118986

Metastation has it one r-wall away from space, and in a secluded spot north of Engineering; it's easy to get to and sabotage, since nobody goes there. (Try Metastation today for only £0.00!)
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #119020

But Meta isn't Box