Deity

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Cuboos
Byond Username: Cuboos

Deity

Post by Cuboos » #118890

Had this idea for a while, not sure how it might get chosen yet, but. Sometimes a player should be the god of what ever the chaplain worships. They can not become corporeal, but they are omnipotent, and can only speak to the chaplain. They also have various powers that the chaplain can request, such as a limited access to spawn abilities so they can spawn certain items, possession of the chaplain (maybe they get all glowey when they're possessed and start floating). Maybe after preforming a certain ritual, the deity gets to have certain damaging powers like lightning or fire. This could make chaplain a little more useful, because if his deity is willing, it could give incite onto issues happening on the station and also make him a bigger target too. Killing the chaplain effectively silences the deity and makes them useless since the deity can only interact with the chaplain, maybe even kills them, since the chaplain is the only one who truly believes in it. Also could be another thing the dead players could do, become someone's god.
/TG/ First and Only Sound guy
The only Dev unanimously loved least hated.
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Re: Deity

Post by invisty » #118895

Wrong thread.

long version: Ghosts/"Dieties" communicating with players has already proven a horrible idea in the past.
Mime: Depresso
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #118901

Sounds like Hand Of God: Nonantag edition to me.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #118922

I like that chaplain is mostly a roleplay job. The more stuff you give him to do, the less he is likely to have the time to set up fun stuff with a made up religion. Also, having a really rubbish deity is...eh.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #118933

Nar-Sie could do this for cult. As for Hand of God, that REALLY needs reviving: https://github.com/NTStation/NTstation13/pull/404
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #118934

RIP in Bay Neerti we miss u
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #118950

Gun Hog wrote:Nar-Sie could do this for cult. As for Hand of God, that REALLY needs reviving: https://github.com/NTStation/NTstation13/pull/404
>pull/404
404 pull not found honk
私は完璧
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #118951

The average player can't be trusted with anything resembling godlike powers or omnipotence.

Some might argue the average admin can't even be trusted with it
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #119114

TechnoAlchemist wrote:The average player can't be trusted with anything resembling godlike powers or omnipotence.

There are no average admins. Only goodmins and badmins.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
whodaloo
Byond Username: Whodaloo

Post by whodaloo » #119542

MisterPerson wrote:
TechnoAlchemist wrote:The average player can't be trusted with anything resembling godlike powers or omnipotence.

There are no average admins. Only badmins.
i love public logs
Spoiler:
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : Beacuse
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : ((im banned))

SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Hos
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Can i bang you]
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : ]plras
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : R; I WROTE THIS SOMG FOR YOU HOS

SAY: Bryce Pax/IcePacks : I THINK I WAS A LITTLE HASTY IN GIVING THE CREW ACCESS TO THE ARMORY

Lusty Xenomorph Maid begins to clean the telescopic baton with the soap...

[Common] Garrett Larson says, "How do i shot pod"

OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : WHodaloo, why are you so fucking aggressive against me
OOC: Engineer Donkin/Whodaloo : i have no idea what you're talking about chief
OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : Cuck sucking dick wanking piece of cock shit head