Electronic Ghosts

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Electronic Ghosts

Post by Helios » #147630

New Movement styles are always interesting, and we have antagonists who can move through disposals, through air vents, the last logical option spread throughout the station is electricity wires.
What I would suggest is Electronic Ghosts, who would be a side antagonist similar to Revenants, except they travel through electricity wires and feed on power.
They would be incredibly weak, dying in a few hits when physically manifested, but hopefully they would never have to.
They would have a few options, they can travel through the Message consoles, which would send a message to all people who can hear that which would go along the lines of *beep boop error, message not sent*, and send them from one area to another.
They can hack APCs, which changes them to the blue screen. They can be fixed in the same way Malf blue APCs can be fixed, and gives the daemon the same level of control. It takes less time for a Electronic Ghost to hack the APC, but it would also show the face of the demon on it while hacking. If the cell is taken out during this time, the Electronic Ghost is killed
A key part of revenant is player communication. Electronic Ghosts would be able to communicate with players through a verb, which would send a PDA message to a player from themselves. Electronic Ghosts would be able to go from annoying to deadly depending on how many APCs they hack.
After 3, they'd be able to cause hostile vending machines, making them shoot out their items at people
After 5 APCs hacked, they would be able to cause all news Vendors to be hostile, which would cause them to shoot high speed newspapers at random passerbys. This would do about 7 brute damage.
At 7, they would be able to overload lights, and start causing occasional sparks similar to that of revenants.
At 9, they would be able to cause rampant brand intelligence, causing vending machines to attack the crew in areas with hacked APCs.
At 11, they would be able to hack empty Mechs/cyborg shells, giving another ghost control with the Electronic Ghost lawset (tbd).
At 13 APCs hacked, they would be able to hack active mechs and cyborgs, giving them the cyborg lawset.
At 15 apcs hacked, if they are able to get to the AI core, they can hack the AI and give it the Electronic Ghost lawset.
Last edited by Helios on Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Re: Cyber Demons

Post by Jacquerel » #147632

I don't see how communication is a key part of this antagonist. Sure, they can do it, but it seems like just being completely silent at all times would be to their benefit because they apparently just want to take over the station and murder everyone with no need to use persuasion or any powers they could use to bargain, so there's not much purpose in dialogue.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #147634

Better idea, UAC techbase away mission filled with demons, and a real cyberdemon at the end who fucks your shit up with a rocket launcher
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #147924

So the only way you kill them is by shutting everything down and hope they starve because no POWAH OR manifest [which is objectively the dumbest thing to do]?
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #147956

ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:So the only way you kill them is by shutting everything down and hope they starve because no POWAH OR manifest [which is objectively the dumbest thing to do]?
They're in an APC, pop out the cell then put it back in. Dead cyberdemon. It's like you've never done quick cloning
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #148035

Wyzack wrote:Better idea, UAC techbase away mission filled with demons, and a real cyberdemon at the end who fucks your shit up with a rocket launcher
this is honestly what i thought he was getting at before i read the post

more on topic though this sounds like a great idea, i'd be on board for it
Zellion
Byond Username: Zellion

Post by Zellion » #148043

Can we just add DOOM demons as simple mobs and call this idea something else?
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #148047

Zellion wrote:Can we just add DOOM demons as simple mobs and call this idea something else?
This should obviously be called a Ghost In The Machine, not a Cyber Demon.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Topham
Byond Username: Topham

Re: Electronic Ghosts

Post by Topham » #154555

I'm totally down with this idea. How easy would this be to code? I feel like the main issue would be the transportation via wires, depending on how it'd be done. Unless we can make like a ventcrawling 2.0 and be done with it, I dunno