On the subject of the Surgery Duffelbag's MMI

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

On the subject of the Surgery Duffelbag's MMI

Post by Anonmare » #153607

I'd like to make a request for the MMI to not connect a borg to the robo console.
If I recall correctly, the surgery bag costs approximately 6 TCs (the same as an emag) with the only two major things of value being the MMI and the bag itself (even if it paints a huge "This guy is a traitor, toolbox and space his ass"). Considering the hefty investment when you can just use an emag (which can be used to hack potentially infinite number of borgs instead of just the one) I think the MMI should have more to offer or have it's price severely reduced.

On the subject of the duffelbag itself, I'd like to request that as a 1 TC item for independant purchase. It's a fairly robust bag, 2 extra slots for no-slowdown, with a big valid sign painted on it and does have one or two uses for traitors going down the loud route.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Re: On the subject of the Surgery Duffelbag's MMI

Post by Zilenan91 » #153609

It needs to connect to the borg console to be balanced. Otherwise we'd have syndies get secborgs with infinite ammo lasers every round murdering everything.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #153610

Zilenan91 wrote:It needs to connect to the borg console to be balanced. Otherwise we'd have syndies get secborgs with infinite ammo lasers every round murdering everything.
excuse me but i have literally never seen anybody buy this bag and successfully get a patient to perform the surgery on AND get a cyborg shell. this would not happen ever round, you're absolutely fucking insane if you think it will.

make it make the patient into a syndieborg (dont actually do this), or just make it cost like 2 TCs or something since it's basically a garbage item anyways
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #153612

I got debrained by a chaplain once. Got emagged, killed the AI, then killed 20 more people before a revenant EMP'd me, shit was insane because there weren't any borg consoles left. Literally unstoppable.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #153625

Zilenan91 wrote:I got debrained by a chaplain once. Got emagged, killed the AI, then killed 20 more people before a revenant EMP'd me, shit was insane because there weren't any borg consoles left. Literally unstoppable.
good on the chaplain for managing to make a cyborg shell. he must have been doing pretty well for himself before you came in.
and basically you were like any competent emagged borg then. emagged borgs are really really good when they know what they're doing just off of the principle of them being near-unstunnable metal monsters

the difference with the bag is that it costs as much as an emag for only one borg, whereas an emag can potentially be as many borgs as robotics is able to put out.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #153628

It was metastation so he just took 2 seconds to make one in maint. After that I think he died and I was on my own so I murdered everything and was unstoppable.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #153630

Zilenan91 wrote:It was metastation so he just took 2 seconds to make one in maint. After that I think he died and I was on my own so I murdered everything and was unstoppable.
like i said, this is basically any competent emagged borg

and to restate, an emag costs as much as a bag but can get potentially as many borgs are there are materials to make them
Spoiler:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #153632

I think you missed my point. My point was that emagged secborgs are disgusting and shouldn't be any easier to make than they are now.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #153645

Zilenan91 wrote:I think you missed my point. My point was that emagged secborgs are disgusting and shouldn't be any easier to make than they are now.
they're still not any easier to make unless you have an exofab, which only like 1 out of all of the maps has available to the public
Spoiler:
Actionb
Byond Username: Actionb

Post by Actionb » #153690

Make the duffelbag come with an endoskeleton?

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense... but then again, neither does having a fancy syndicate MMI without access to an exofab (that can make unlimited MMIs with a bit of work).
A rogue cyborg ghost not showing up on the robo console would be a nightmare.
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #153761

I managed to make one of these once back when throwing bottles still forcefed your target neurotoxin and perfluorodecalin at the same time.

I gave it a syndicate headset key to communicate with it and someone overheard it at the bar.

It's one of my favourite things to do as assistant traitor, but it almost never works out.
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #153795

Make the mmi just be builded in with a stndie headset and cone with a bluespace cap cell problem fixed
The future is horrible!
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #153834

Up the cost and add an item to the duffle to upgrade a borg to a syndie borg :^)
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #153845

lumipharon wrote:Up the cost and add an item to the duffle to upgrade a borg to a syndie borg :^)
i don't know if there's any clean way to do this, since afaik normal borgs and syndie borgs are technically two different entities (syndieborgs are a child of borgs)
i'm also not sure this is a good idea in the first place considering how strong a normal emagged borg is already
Spoiler:
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #153927

PKPenguin321 wrote:
lumipharon wrote:Up the cost and add an item to the duffle to upgrade a borg to a syndie borg :^)
i don't know if there's any clean way to do this, since afaik normal borgs and syndie borgs are technically two different entities (syndieborgs are a child of borgs)
i'm also not sure this is a good idea in the first place considering how strong a normal emagged borg is already
Yeah, but a nontrivial portion of their strength comes from the fact that they are hard to differentiate at a glance from normal borgs, while syndieborgs are quicly identifiable.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #153967

Literally never seen surgery dufflebag bought. Well, actually, there was this one time when I did it, but I also TC traded for a cyborg shell. The dufflebag is incredibly overpriced.
Bring back papercult.

PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #153986

i was gonna go reduce their price but it turns out they're actually only 4 TCs not 6
i'm gonna halve it anyways since they're almost never bought and rarely practical

edit: actually maybe ill lower it to 3 TCs since if it was 2 it would be pretty much a straight upgrade to the e-dagger
Spoiler: