give me ideas for new emag functions

A place to record your ideas for the game.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

give me ideas for new emag functions

Post by PKPenguin321 » #154739

the emag is a nifty tool that is often bought to wreak havoc on the station via various malfunctioning electronic devices

however, i've noticed that it's pretty much only bought because the traitor has an objective that needs a door/locker opened, a traitor wants to emag a borg, or a traitor wants to get the shuttle called by emagging literally every door (and occasionally the holodeck)

what new things can we make the emag do?
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Re: give me ideas for new emag functions

Post by Cik » #154740

ai/cyborg upload consoles when 'magged should scramble the priorities of the AI's current laws

emagging mules should make them randomly pick things up and then deliver to random addresses (incl. people)

i'll think of more ai related ones later

fug

edit: i think what maybe we should go for is add more mischief related uses, without necessarily removing the current dangerous ones.

in general i think most of the current uses for the emag are pretty boring. like jamming open a door that's fine, but it's not very interesting. perhaps alter it into an industrial sabotage/espionage mischief tool, or at least allow it to be one rather than the current 'ghetto all access' it mostly ends up being.

more dangerous/mischievous uses should be added.

btw if you can't emag an AI's face you should be able to
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #154743

My idea is to not buff the single best item you can buy as any antag ever that is already bought on average multiple times per traitor round

http://www.ss13.eu/tgdb/tg/latest_stats ... plinkitems

It is used in 129% traitor rounds. (517 / 400)
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #154744

Emagging AI holopads to make them randomly broadcast to other areas OR allow said holopad to be used to project an image some where else on the station (using the ai's image of course)

Emagging alien toys (fake facehuggers.) To make them actually strangle/attack their target. Pulling the xeno off would destroy it.

Emagging heaters/freezers to make them heat/cool the room tempature they are in.

Emagging a RPED/BRPED to reverse its function and make it put lower level items into machines. (Could also add tier 0 component packs to uplink or illegal tech research that inhibit machine use even more.)

Emagging cyborg chargers to make cyborgification machines that people can be forced into, slaving them to the emagger. (Might make a better Malf power.)

Or emagging cyborg/mech chargers to make them periodically emp what ever they are charging to damage/stun them.

Emagging sleepers to add toxins to them or make them remove blood from anyone inside them.

Emagging teleporter hubs and beacons to make them shunt people off target.

Emagging an intercom to make it record and randomly playback messages on its channel. Like poly
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #154745

Emagging the sleeper replaces the healing chems with various toxins and causes it to display them as healing chems (both the buttons and the reagents in the patient).
Emagging the cryo makes it only display cryoxodane and not any other reagents in a beaker.

Emagging the protolathe/circuit imprinter/exo-fab unlocks the illegal tech items without having the required research levels (also adds the Dark Gygax as a buildable mech sans the weaponry).
Emagging an AI gives it a random ion law (This never happens anyway it's just for fun), spamming it has a 1% chance of malf'ing the AI with the objective to kill you that increases by +1% the more laws it has.
Emagging a microwave will make it explode the next time it's turned on.

Emagging a lightswitch makes all the lights in the area go into "Rave" mode.
Emagging an AI Upload gives the AI a network alert about an attempted hack and tells it where (Just for fun)
Emagging a camera makes it not display people in it's line of sight (Effectively a camera loop of an empty room)
EMagging a status display will make it display either an RNG insult to Nanotrasen, the Syndicate logo or a .gif of the station blowing up.
Emagging a vending machine will re-program it like a machine override with sometime for the emagger to get clear.

That's all I got for now.
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #154746

Emagged drones, they are the same but explode when they die.
Emagged mining shuttle/gulag shuttle doesn't just remove access, but cause the shuttle to crash the next time it is used, into the side of the asteroid.
Emagged news casters shoot news papers that do 8 brute to passerbys at the same intervals as broken vending machines until fixed with a screwdriver.
Finally. Add as an addition to vending machines not only a coin requiring item and a hacked required item, a emagged required item.
On second thought, let's look at the item traditionally. A supersized hacking tool that can disrupt systems. Have it so if you hit an ID with it, that ID loses all access. If you swipe a traitors PDA with it, it unlocks it.
Helios

Post by Helios » #154748

Kor wrote:My idea is to not buff the single best item you can buy as any antag ever that is already bought on average multiple times per traitor round

http://www.ss13.eu/tgdb/tg/latest_stats ... plinkitems

It is used in 129% traitor rounds. (517 / 400)
And the reason it is,is because it is the path of least resistance. You need the station blue prints/hand teleporter. What do you do, kill a head of staff ensure they don't get cloned, hope they don't use the baton they have or yell a single world that gets you spotted, then run to a shower or the room without being seen covered in blood and stealing the item. Or.
Just emag into the room steal the item and run before anyone noticed
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #154750

Swiping a T-comms hub could randomise every connection every item has with one another, effectively making t-comms spaghetti junction.
Emagging a server changes it's intercept frequency, like common servers no longer broadcasting on the 145.9. Basically make a specific comms frequency useless.
Emagging the R&D servers or the console deletes all the research and item designs on them.

Emagging an autolathe let's you print basic Syndicate items but they're blatantly syndicate items (Like e-daggers without being concealed or no-slip SWAT boots or undisguisable thermal scanners) and the lathe get's a reddish tint to it's light instead of a bluish one.
Emaggingan ID randomised the name and job title on it.
Emagging a PDA or headset turns it into a small grenade that doesn't penetrate the hull.
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Post by firecage » #154754

Didn't we previous decide that we will stop adding new bloody features to the emag since it is already way to OP and overused?
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #154783

Emag a laser to make it shoot rainbow beams.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #154785

Emag security gas mask to spout memes.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #154789

What if we made some sort of advanced tater multitool that had some of these functions and also made hacking easier by showing you wire functions or gave you a limited AI interface? Emag is bloated
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #154791

Wyzack wrote:What if we made some sort of advanced tater multitool that had some of these functions and also made hacking easier by showing you wire functions or gave you a limited AI interface? Emag is bloated
A wire-identification tool alone would be fantastically useful.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #154810

Screemonster wrote:
Wyzack wrote:What if we made some sort of advanced tater multitool that had some of these functions and also made hacking easier by showing you wire functions or gave you a limited AI interface? Emag is bloated
A wire-identification tool alone would be fantastically useful.
Bundle it with the AI detector multitool, at least.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #154813

Emag a taser to make it fire a Tesla lightning bolt and then explode in your hands.
Aloraydrel
Byond Username: Aloraydrel
Github Username: Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #154815

Lumbermancer wrote:Emag security gas mask to spout memes.
but it already spouts memes!
Helios

Post by Helios » #154821

Super Aggro Crag wrote:Emag a laser to make it shoot rainbow beams.
Like for real though. Fund this.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #154826

Emagged vending machines currently lose their access restrictions, but they should also unlock their contraband.

Also emagging vending machines shouldn't display a massive emag when you hit it with it, that's dumb
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #154848

emags already have 50 million functions, whch should really be split into more than 1 item.
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #154871

+1 to hacker tool that shows you the wires.

How about a remote override tool? Attach it to any computer frame and you can access that computer remotely?
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #154927

Atlanta-Ned wrote:+1 to hacker tool that shows you the wires.

How about a remote override tool? Attach it to any computer frame and you can access that computer remotely?
Yogs has that as a program for PAIs
Why don't we?
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #154943

lumipharon wrote:emags already have 50 million functions, whch should really be split into more than 1 item.
We already have way too many traitor items as it is. No.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #154954

Emag is the traitor's swiss army knife. It has many uses but a person's gonna buy it for a specific use. You don't see janitors emagging supply consoles that much and you don't see the HoP emagging doors. It has many uses but a person's only going to use it in a specific way, or they're going to be a serial emagger and causing all sorts of chaos in which case: more mischief = the better.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #154956

bandit wrote:
lumipharon wrote:emags already have 50 million functions, whch should really be split into more than 1 item.
We already have way too many traitor items as it is. No.
How is the number of items in the uplink ever a valid argument for having or not having a new item?
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #155057

kevinz000 wrote:

Why don't we?
More pAI functions for the pAI gods!

What about a traitor pAI? What would that look like? Hmm...
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #155450

TechnoAlchemist wrote:Emagged vending machines currently lose their access restrictions, but they should also unlock their contraband.

Also emagging vending machines shouldn't display a massive emag when you hit it with it, that's dumb
Unlock contraband AND coin-restricted items, would you kindly.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #155451

emag cryo- Shows it loaded with cryoxadone regardless of what is actually inside the cryo beaker.

edit: damnit, already suggested, anyway medbay needs more traitor activity.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #155459

Emagging a mech's tracking beacon once makes it explode when the EMP function is used, doing extra damage. Emagging it twice makes it do nothing.
EMagging a secway or janicart makes them go sanic fast.
Emagging the ORM removes it's access restrictions.
Emagging a Stunbaton/prod's power cell will make it dump all it's charge the next time it is used on someone. If it's a hyper-cap or bluespace cell, it explodes on usage. Combine with injected plasma for !FUN!.
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #155461

anonomare wrote:Emagging a camera makes it not display people in it's line of sight (Effectively a camera loop of an empty room)
i think this is actually a really good idea
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #155463

I really think the emag should be split up in the quick-and-dirty hacking device that it is actually supposed to be, and an advanced auto-hacker that costs you a full set of TC but has all these useful OP features.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #155465

Emag chameleon projector to camouflage as people and borgs.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #155466

emag a disposal bin to make it suck people in and flush them automatically when it's pump is at full capacity.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #155482

Super Aggro Crag wrote:Emag a taser to make it fire a Tesla lightning bolt and then explode in your hands.
Holy shit someone should make an arc rifle
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #155529

TheWiznard wrote:
anonomare wrote:Emagging a camera makes it not display people in it's line of sight (Effectively a camera loop of an empty room)
i think this is actually a really good idea
Hell, make EMP'd cameras do this and/or add it to the camera bug rather than the emag.
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #155535

Emagging Tasers causes them to mag dump in a 5x5 spread whichever direction you clicked then explode in your hand
Emagging Tasers that have Hyper or Bluespace Cells causes them to shoot out tesla bolts in every direction around you, but it gibs you (dead man switch when)

Emagging Ion Rifles causes it to shoot low intesity tesla bolts, only 5, then it breaks to never be fired again.
Emagging Helmets with lights on them causes the light to turn red because tactical low visibility lights

Emagging HUDs will show everyone with a syndicate implant
Emagging Mesons will cause them to display nothing but space tiles
Emagging Flashes turns them into flashbangs with a 3 second timer and a 30 second stun, but it detonates them

Emagging any jumpsuit with sensors causes them to display you as dead, emagging it again causes it to crush the next person who puts on the jumpsuit
Emagging Bar Machines causes them to dump all the vodka out and explode
Emagging no slips causes them to make you run sanic speed
Emagging non-traitor PDAs causes them to become traitor PDAs with a 3% chance to spawn with 5 crystals
Emagging a locked traitor PDA unlocks it
Emagging a unlocked traitor PDA gives a 1% chance for a full 30 TC restock, if this doesnt happen, it gibs whoever is holding it

Emagging pepperspray breaks the regulator and causes it to cover a 7x7 area in whatevers in the spray.
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #155542

John_Oxford wrote:Emagging Flashes turns them into flashbangs with a 3 second timer and a 30 second stun.
Maybe 60 second stun. Just to be sure.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #155606

kevinz000 wrote:

Why don't we?
Because we hate fun: https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/3233 :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #155609

Some of these emag ideas are cool but make no sense because the emag should only be able to be used on things that read IDs. Since it is a card.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #155612

Gun Hog wrote:
kevinz000 wrote:

Why don't we?
Because we hate fun: https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/3233 :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Do it again.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler: