Corrupt the station's bodily fluids

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Corrupt the station's bodily fluids

Post by Cheimon » #157296

Make blood dry out over time

Make vomit dry out over time

Make borgs 'bleed' oil

Make a large pool of blood slippery (not blood trails, though)

Make a pool of vomit slippery

Make a pool of oil slippery

Make it so if you slip on blood, vomit, or oil, you get it all the way up your back

I think the simple beauty of these ideas speak for themselves. They naturally make certain sicknesses and violences worse, increasing station deadliness while maintaining realism. Having them dry out also makes it clear whether you're looking at 'old blood' or 'new blood' and means it isn't too bad if the janitor's gone.
Last edited by Cheimon on Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: Corrupt the station's bodily fluids

Post by Saegrimr » #157297

Sort of a nerf to slaughter demons as well who can't jaunt out of dried blood.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #157371

Saegrimr wrote:Sort of a nerf to slaughter demons as well who can't jaunt out of dried blood.
I like it
Kelenius
Byond Username: Kelenius

Post by Kelenius » #157378

Contain your fetishes.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #157379

Kelenius wrote:Contain your fetishes.
It's all for gameplay, imagine being a clown, dealing enough toxin damage to yourself to make you vomit right as the mob chases after you.
You get one free slip outta it!
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Smeller
Byond Username: Smeller

Post by Smeller » #157395

Blood/whatever fluid slippery is overly retarded. Pleqse don't
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #157428

Idn't blood like the opposite of slippery? I've never run in any blood pools in real life (that you can prove) to know
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #157430

Smeller wrote:Fluids being slippery is bad
... you know what water is, right?
Smeller
Byond Username: Smeller

Post by Smeller » #157444

TheNightingale wrote:
Smeller wrote:Fluids being slippery is bad
... you know what water is, right?
Yeah should have pointed that for you.

Although guys slipping in hallways is extremely hilarious sometimes, it's no good for combat mechanics and is really annoying. It's already a thing that pest sprays are often filled with water for yakety saxing, even after water spraying's been nerfed, it's too stupidly robust for such thing. And with blood being water you'll get ez esword+noslips+dead asshole murderboner and also you will get slow-paced faggotry round, unless chemists will mass-produce space cleaner(bit they're too busy making ephedrine and drugs so don't bother asking) which is still pretty stupid.

So really slippery is hilarious but stupid.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #157648

oranges wrote:
Saegrimr wrote:Sort of a nerf to slaughter demons as well who can't jaunt out of dried blood.
I like it
I hadn't considered slaughter demons, but while this nerfs in some ways, it buffs in others. Blood pools being slippery would allow demons to beat someone until a pool of blood forms below them, eat that person, and then watch other people run up, slip, and fall into the demon's waiting arms.
Contain your fetishes.
Not a sex thing.
Idn't blood like the opposite of slippery? I've never run in any blood pools in real life (that you can prove) to know
Well, once it's congealed enough, sure. But until then it's as slippery as water is. Not slipping most of the time, but certainly is on metal floors. It's essentially just a faintly thicker water variant.
Although guys slipping in hallways is extremely hilarious sometimes, it's no good for combat mechanics and is really annoying. It's already a thing that pest sprays are often filled with water for yakety saxing, even after water spraying's been nerfed, it's too stupidly robust for such thing. And with blood being water you'll get ez esword+noslips+dead asshole murderboner and also you will get slow-paced faggotry round, unless chemists will mass-produce space cleaner(bit they're too busy making ephedrine and drugs so don't bother asking) which is still pretty stupid.
I think a lot of this comes down to timing. Water slips for a considerable length of time, it does damage to you (who the fuck readded that, anyway?), and it makes you drop items or even get hit by items you're carrying. That doesn't have to be the case for other things. Low potency bananas, for example, can slip for a very short amount of time, and the only effect is that you need to pick up your gun again.

I'm a big fan of the concept of environmental hazards, especially ones that are player created. If, after a big fight, you need to be careful how you leave, or you can set up a kill room in such a way that people are going to need to walk, or you need to move from area to area if you want to keep up your high speed running-killing movement, then I reckon that's a good thing. This is not something that's going to make it necessary for players to avoid these areas, but it should force them to walk, and that has interesting effects on heavily fought-over areas.