What three trekchems do you want back?

A place to record your ideas for the game.

Which chems would you rather have back?

Anti-Toxin (In game, not brewable)
5%
Bicaridine (In game, not brewable)
5%
Dexalin (In game, not brewable)
No votes
Dexalin Plus
10%
Hyperzine
10%
Kelotane (In game, not brewable)
5%
Dermaline
3%
Clonexadone
8%
Tricodrazine (In game, not brewable)
12%
Sleep Toxin (Morphine isn't brewable and has movement buffs, it's not the same)
9%
Synthi-flesh (The meat reaction, techincally not a chem)
8%
Polytrinic Acid (Strong acid, compared to our urine-tier acid)
26%

Total votes: 78

PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

What three trekchems do you want back?

Post by PKPenguin321 » #157937

Click here to see an image of the chemistry wiki page from when goofchem was first being added and trekchem was still mostly in the game.

When I say "do you want back," I mean back as in available to chemistry, and chemists can brew them like normal again. Chems like bicardine and kelotane are still in, but cannot be obtained via normal chemistry, so they still count for this poll. Most chems that were simply renamed and are mostly intact, such as alkysine, are exempt from the poll.

Remember to say why you want said chems. Chems might not be added without tweaks (for example, if we re-add brewable tricordrazine, it would likely get rebalanced so that healing isn't RNG and the OD threshold is higher and the OD effects are less painful, or itgets auto-purged from your body if you exceed a certain amount, something to that effect).
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Re: What three trekchems do you want back?

Post by Zilenan91 » #157938

For what purpose
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #157939

Zilenan91 wrote:For what purpose
To appease the trekchem-wanters (like myself) and end goofball's blackmail forever
Spoiler:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #157941

So no real reason other than nostalgia then.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #157943

Zilenan91 wrote:So no real reason other than nostalgia then.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Spoiler:
kazeespada
Byond Username: Kaze Espada

Post by kazeespada » #157946

Readd tricord. You can fucking OD on omnizine and its slow as shit.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #157951

Re-add all of them, jesus fuck. ALL OF IT.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #157952

Anti-Toxin:
Charcoal is literally anti-toxin, but it purges all chems instead of just toxins. Considering overdoses are a thing, why would I ever use anti-toxin when I could use charcoal and purge ODs? There is 100% no point to adding it.

Bicard:
Styptic powder heals more than Bicard does with the on application healing. I ran the numbers in a thread somewhere. It's also in sleepers. Just use those if you're so desparate for trekchem healing.

Dexalin: Why? Salbutamol is already leagues ahead of it and available by default in the oxygen loss kits.

Dexalin Plus: This is never getting re-added. No downside "instantly set my oxygen loss to 0 with 0.4u which takes literally no time at all to make"? Fuck off with that shit.

Kelotane:
Same situation as bicard. Swap styptic for silver sulf and bicard for kelotane, and you got the correct argument. It's also in sleepers. Just use those if you're so desparate for trekchem healing.

Dermaline:
No downside "makes kelotane obsolete"? No.

Clonexadone:
Why would I ever use clonex over cryox? Cryox is literally clonex. I removed clonex and make cryox the default with clonex stats, because why would I ever stop at cryox when I could do a few more quick clicks and get clonex?

Tricord:
Ah yes, tricord. The "every single other medicine is irrelevant :^)" chem. Literally a cure-all. You guys bitch about how medical isn't complicated enough, but want to re-add the 50u "heal everything for the next 30 minutes" pills? It's also already in mediborgs.

Sleep Toxin:
I've been meaning to re-add this as ketamine, which is sleep toxin but with a name that fits the rest of the chemistry system's naming setup. Don't bother adding this.

Synthi-flesh:
This shouldn't have been removed. If it did, whoops. We should re-add that.

Polytrinic acid:
Okay, so here's the deal with acid:

It got renamed to hydrofluoric acid
Then phil did his acid nerfs and shit

Hydrofluoric acid is literally polyacid. It has a different name. Even if the name change hadn't occured, phil's acid nerfs would have still gone through.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #157954

Actually it's fluorosulphuric acid now

Other than that though, yeah I don't think we really have spots for these chems to come back alongside goofchem since they were pretty much directly replaced
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #157956

I don't think mediborgs have tricord
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #157957

Anonmare wrote:I don't think mediborgs have tricord
I gave it to them, it's in their injector thingy, unless it got removed again.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #157958

>trek chems are dumb and need to be removed, they let you just heal everything with a pill!
>don't revert to trekchem, my goofchems more effectively heal with a single click then trekchems ever did!

I laf evry tiem.

In all seriousness though, I miss synth meat the most. That shit was awesome as fuck for the chef.
Clonex (and other healing shit you could add to cryo) was also good since it made cryo less bad, and meant there was a noticable differene between a competent chemist and a lazy/absent one

Also anti tox not removing chems is very significant, as there are plenty of times someone has toxin damage but not actual toxins in their systems (ie: after the poison has worn off, radiation, e-bow etc). Havin it drain other chems means a healing cocktail is far, far less efficient.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #157959

Healing cocktails don't happen in goofchem, so that's not really an issue.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #157960

Kelotane and Dermaline were good to both have because chemists could make good pills with both. Tricord is fine as long as there is an OD threshold, dexalin plus should come back. Bicardine was nice because it was ingestable, the fact that so many chems aren't able to be ingested is stupid.

Really the only thing that trek chem needed was an OD system.

(Also the pyrotechnics are cool)
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #157962

replacing trek chems with goof chems that can't be swallowed without poisoning yourself was really the biggest drawback of memechem. Literally all it achieved was forcing all effect healing into patches (which are super OP compared to trek chems), while removing half a dozen ways to heal that were possible with trek chem.

Also not quite true Zil, but even that aside, since anti tox is a trek chem adn thaat's was we're talking about, it's kinda an issue.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #157963

did any of you even read anything that I posted

why do I even bother trying to argue anymore, you just apply a fresh coat of rose paint to your glasses every time
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #157967

Synthmeat still exists (Cryox + blood) and I've used it to sate the chef more than once.

Mediborgs have Saline-Glucose, not tricord. Unless you mean Medi-bots that robotics makes with first aid kits, i was under the impression that they created omnizine but I honestly don't know.

Honestly I just want Doctor's Delight back, even if its a bit nerfed it was nice to be able to work with a bartender to make lots of fun drinks and healing meds, we need more cross over between the dispensers that aid both jobs.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #157970

Doctor's delight is never ever ever coming back.

Mediborgs should have tricord, I recall adding it just for them to use.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #157987

Readd all of them, polytrinic acid 2556, return DD.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #157988

I like how /vg/ still has trekchems AND a decent medical system.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #157990

Why they were removed in the first place? Did changing chemistry to goon needed change of names as well?

Anyway, Trico. Because Trico sounds nice. Chemist prep me a beaker of Trico. Yes.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #157991

Snowflakeism
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #157992

iamgoofball wrote:Anti-Toxin:
Charcoal is literally anti-toxin, but it purges all chems instead of just toxins. Considering overdoses are a thing, why would I ever use anti-toxin when I could use charcoal and purge ODs? There is 100% no point to adding it.

Bicard:
Styptic powder heals more than Bicard does with the on application healing. I ran the numbers in a thread somewhere. It's also in sleepers. Just use those if you're so desparate for trekchem healing.

Dexalin: Why? Salbutamol is already leagues ahead of it and available by default in the oxygen loss kits.

Dexalin Plus: This is never getting re-added. No downside "instantly set my oxygen loss to 0 with 0.4u which takes literally no time at all to make"? Fuck off with that shit.

Kelotane:
Same situation as bicard. Swap styptic for silver sulf and bicard for kelotane, and you got the correct argument. It's also in sleepers. Just use those if you're so desparate for trekchem healing.

Dermaline:
No downside "makes kelotane obsolete"? No.

Clonexadone:
Why would I ever use clonex over cryox? Cryox is literally clonex. I removed clonex and make cryox the default with clonex stats, because why would I ever stop at cryox when I could do a few more quick clicks and get clonex?

Tricord:
Ah yes, tricord. The "every single other medicine is irrelevant :^)" chem. Literally a cure-all. You guys bitch about how medical isn't complicated enough, but want to re-add the 50u "heal everything for the next 30 minutes" pills? It's also already in mediborgs.

Sleep Toxin:
I've been meaning to re-add this as ketamine, which is sleep toxin but with a name that fits the rest of the chemistry system's naming setup. Don't bother adding this.

Synthi-flesh:
This shouldn't have been removed. If it did, whoops. We should re-add that.

Polytrinic acid:
Okay, so here's the deal with acid:

It got renamed to hydrofluoric acid
Then phil did his acid nerfs and shit

Hydrofluoric acid is literally polyacid. It has a different name. Even if the name change hadn't occured, phil's acid nerfs would have still gone through.
Goofball, if Bicard and Kelotane are creatable, it's a buff to Odysseus's basically
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #158006

Goofchem was a mistake. It was change for the sake of it when it would have taken less effort to balance trekchem.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #158009

Rename charcoal to Dylovene. Charcoal is, in real life, ingested to absorb certain very specific poisons. In the stomach.

Not fucking injected into the bloodstream, that would literally kill someone quite quickly. Call it Dylovene, because the charcoal in game is fictional.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #158011

Cheimon wrote:Rename charcoal to Dylovene. Charcoal is, in real life, ingested to absorb certain very specific poisons. In the stomach.

Not fucking injected into the bloodstream, that would literally kill someone quite quickly. Call it Dylovene, because the charcoal in game is fictional.
Be a special snowflake and make charcoal deal massive damage when injected and only heal on ingestion.
Add dylovene, which works the other way around.

Watch as chemistry murders everyone on accident.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #158032

BUFF ACID
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #158035

I would like to get some trekchems readded to botany, or at the very least add some better goofchems. Botany used to have bicardine in poppies and kelotane in tea astra. Now all they have is garbage saline glucose in everything, except omnizine in ambrosia deus. I want muh natural remedies back dammit.

Also FOR THE SWEET TITTY FUCKING LOVE OF GOD CHANGE THE NAME OF CHARCOAL GOD DAMN AAAAAAAAAA. Goofball if you bring up active charcoal i will legit ban you for six years. Like Cheimon said active charcoal is pumped in to the stomach to prevent absorption and induce vomiting. If you injected it you would die. This bothers my autisms so god damn much
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #158164

We need to make medical chemistry more difficult! Trekchems make things too easy, you just pop a pill and you're all better! Goofchems aren't nearly as stupidly good as trekchems are, they are much weaker, and in fact they--
iamgoofball wrote: Styptic powder heals more than Bicard does with the on application healing. I ran the numbers in a thread somewhere. (In other words, it's even better than "stupidly good" bicardine)

Dexalin: Why? Salbutamol is already leagues ahead of it and available by default in the oxygen loss kits. (In other words, it's even better than "stupidly good" dexalin)

Kelotane:
Same situation as bicard. Swap styptic for silver sulf and bicard for kelotane, and you got the correct argument. (In other words, it's even better than "stupidly good" kelotane. isn't this medical system so hardcore and weak compared to trekchem?)
Hm...

That aside, there are hardly any half-decent chemicals that can heal you on ingestion. Styptic and all that bullshit is fine, it heals stronger and has a higher OD rate but is more of a pain in the ass to use, but I don't see why we can't have bicardine exist along side it as an easier-to-ingest but slightly weaker brute damage healer, or perhaps stronger brute damage healer but with a strict OD threshold. Same can go for a lot of chems. Application methods changing the way they did with goofchem was IMO one of the absolute worst parts of goofchem.

Also, I'd really like to see clonexadone back. It sucks at healing, but is great for patching up clone damage specifically, and requires a chemist to make as it's not provided roundstart. It gives chemists something to do, and removing it and just giving it to medbay roundstart (in the form of buffed cryoxadone) it the opposite of making medical more engaging.
Spoiler:
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #158173

iamgoofball wrote:Doctor's delight is never ever ever coming back.
Goof "my way or the highway" ball providing a perfect example of why other servers refuse to allow him within a million miles of their code
Cuboos
Byond Username: Cuboos

Post by Cuboos » #158191

Charcoal is a bitch to make, if i want a decent batch i have to go and gather a bunch of paper, spread it every where and light it on fire. Anti-toxin could be readded as an easier to make but less effective chemical or something?

Also, why not rename some of the chemicals to be trek chemicals while still keeping the current system/just tweaking it slightly?

Also bring back poly-acid grenades 2016. I WANT MY HALLWAYS FULL OF HUSKS GOD DAMN IT.
/TG/ First and Only Sound guy
The only Dev unanimously loved least hated.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #158192

Doctor's delight is already back in though, so uh. Yeah.

Making healing chems more difficult to make was pointless, as chem rarely if ever has to make healing chemicals unless someone has intentionally raided medbay of their supply.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #158193

TechnoAlchemist wrote:Doctor's delight is already back in though, so uh. Yeah.
Doctor's delight used to be a straight-up better tricordrazine. I admittedly like it better the way it is now, as a slight healing reagent for minor injuries rather than super heal-all.
Spoiler:
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #158197

A 25/25 patch of silversulf and styptic is more powerful and faster than a fat dose of old DD ever was, with the only drawbacks being of course not effecting toxin or oxy damage (which is uncommon, and almost entirely fixed with an epi/time respectively).
All while not requiring leaving chemistry to make! Wooo, insular departments.
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #158207

I would like pacid to return to it's original glory and smoke to not be fucking useless
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer

Post by Shaps-cloud » #158212

Splashing a beaker of fluorosulph on someone already melts all their shit (save for maybe a hardsuit), and you can just carry around a bunch of beakers of it. For something that is literally ggnore, being a bit difficult to use is a pretty fair tradeoff
Yakumo_Chen
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #158213

Emagged medical borgs have been useless forever because of pacid nerfs. They can't even do any decent self-defense except with the fucking default saw because their pacid spray does LITERALLY NOTHING
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #158215

Shaps wrote:Splashing a beaker of fluorosulph on someone already melts all their shit (save for maybe a hardsuit), and you can just carry around a bunch of beakers of it. For something that is literally ggnore, being a bit difficult to use is a pretty fair tradeoff
Have you TRIED acid lately? It's fuckin shit now yo.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer

Post by Shaps-cloud » #158220

Yakumo_Chen wrote:Emagged medical borgs have been useless forever because of pacid nerfs. They can't even do any decent self-defense except with the fucking default saw because their pacid spray does LITERALLY NOTHING
probably because it squirts like 5-10u at a time
lumipharon wrote:
Shaps wrote:Splashing a beaker of fluorosulph on someone already melts all their shit (save for maybe a hardsuit), and you can just carry around a bunch of beakers of it. For something that is literally ggnore, being a bit difficult to use is a pretty fair tradeoff
uh yea I did actually, 50u of acid is enough to melt everything but the captain's carapace off his back and dump his backpack down on the ground (and I'm pretty sure will do the same for anyone with no armor/chest only armor, worked for standard sec officers as well). The only way to resist getting all your shit melted by a 100u beaker is to have full body armor like the Warden/HoS jackets or a hardsuit, and even then it seems there's still a chance for 100u to just melt all the warden/HoS' shit off anyway so it's not a guaranteed resist
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #158222

Shaps wrote:
Yakumo_Chen wrote:Emagged medical borgs have been useless forever because of pacid nerfs. They can't even do any decent self-defense except with the fucking default saw because their pacid spray does LITERALLY NOTHING
probably because it squirts like 5-10u at a time
lumipharon wrote:
uh yea I did actually, 50u of acid is enough to melt everything but the captain's carapace off his back and dump his backpack down on the ground (and I'm pretty sure will do the same for anyone with no armor/chest only armor, worked for standard sec officers as well). The only way to resist getting all your shit melted by a 100u beaker is to have full body armor like the Warden/HoS jackets or a hardsuit, and even then it seems there's still a chance for 100u to just melt all the warden/HoS' shit off anyway so it's not a guaranteed resist
still not even remotely close to the level of old acid
Spoiler:
Yakumo_Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #158224

Hacked Medborgs should just get a refilling beaker of pacid or something then, or make the spray do 30u bursts, the current spray is shit and worthless and has never been fixed

the point of the spray is that you're supposed to be able to melt the shit out of everything
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #158231

acid acid acid

Like I don't get why some people fuss over acid so much bombs are much nastier.
Yakumo_Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #158254

Acid has practical stealth uses, bombs just explode and do damage.
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #158256

Acid also had stealth usage as acided people would talk and look like unknown because their face was melted off, so you wouldn't know who was who
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #158259

Cuboos wrote:Charcoal is a bitch to make, if i want a decent batch i have to go and gather a bunch of paper, spread it every where and light it on fire. Anti-toxin could be readded as an easier to make but less effective chemical or something?

Also, why not rename some of the chemicals to be trek chemicals while still keeping the current system/just tweaking it slightly?

Also bring back poly-acid grenades 2016. I WANT MY HALLWAYS FULL OF HUSKS GOD DAMN IT.
why the fuck are you burning paper to make charcoal what

15 u each of sodium, chlorine, water, welding fuel, carbon, and hydrogen makes 90u of charcoal once you stick it in a heater set to 1000 so it doesn't take 10 years to heat up.

If you make it with 5u of the above you can then add 30u carbon and 15u water and hydrogen to make a bunch of oculine and inacusiate too.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #158374

Stealth that's your reason?

Like it's not even a mute all the more reason getting your location out is more important than HALP!
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #158382

lumipharon wrote:>trek chems are dumb and need to be removed, they let you just heal everything with a pill!
>don't revert to trekchem, my goofchems more effectively heal with a single click then trekchems ever did!
>bruise packs op lets make them, ointment, and fucking gauze take 10 seconds to put on a single limb
>here have a version of bruise packs that heals you 100%, has minor healing over time, and is instant for you but not others
Buggy
Byond Username: Buggy1234

Post by Buggy » #158387

Could we maybe get Clonexadone except it's like old Cryoxadone, when it was good? No more 'you gotta be -5 million degrees for it to heal' bullshit?
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #158397

I remember back in the days of yore where pacid smoke grenades were basically a fast way to hell and would kill anyone that ran through it.

Those were the days
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz