[Plasma Men] Give them snow flake eva suits

A place to record your ideas for the game.
PlaugeWalker
Byond Username: PlaugeWalker

[Plasma Men] Give them snow flake eva suits

Post by PlaugeWalker » #161486

Basically, just recolored sprites of the current sprites we have for the plasma men suits. and plasma men EVA suits. . I.E- Change the orange jumps suit and helm to Black, and red to fit with nuke ops. Or. red and yellow for engineering. Red, and white for clown, White for medical. And, the eva version of the helmets could possibly have lights compared to the standard.

You get the idea.
Image\
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Re: [Plasma Men] Give them snow flake eva suits

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #161546

Thats not snowflake you dork
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
J_Madison
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Akesson

Post by J_Madison » #161663

No.

You chose snowflake, deal with it.
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #161664

They should still be bright orange since it serves as a disadvantage, but I'd be all for different clothing styles. If we do allow custom colors, they should be bright and obnoxious to ensure that they can't use it to their advantage.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #161670

:-1: its dumb
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #161733

Their helmets are already spaceworthy (and give welding/flash protection, I think), but they still need a hardsuit to go outside; it'd be good if Operative plasmapeople had more armoured (and Syndicate-coloured) helmets, though.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #161734

>operative plasmamen

God no. Lizards are bad enough but at least that works, plasmamen Ops is going to be just inane.
Sweaterkittens
Byond Username: SweaterKittens

Post by Sweaterkittens » #161772

Hey PlaugeWalker, I'm the guy who designed /tg/ Plasmamen and pushed to have them roundstart. I'm glad you're enjoying them!

I really would have liked job-specific suits as well, but the issue with that is that it's an enormous amount of work, despite seeming very simple. Each suit has to be individually recolored (in some cases resprited), added to the code, enabled for each job to spawn with their specific suit at roundstart... you get the idea. Also, as some people have pointed out, the orange makes them stand out quite a bit, and lots of people seem to like that.

As far as nuke-ops go - I considered getting a nuke-op style hardsuit set up for them, as we already have the sprites and it would be relatively easy to get it implemented, but it didn't seem very appropriate. Lore-wise (You can all stop laughing) Plasmamen are typically a peaceful race, and wouldn't be likely to be a part of an elite military team. On a more OOC level, Plasmamen are a very fragile race, and putting them in a heavy combat role doesn't make a lot of sense either.

Regarding the helmet though, when it was changed to a simple hood as opposed to a helmet, we lost the lights, and I would like to see that as an upgrade in the future. Currently they still have a few bugs though, so Kor and Shadowlight are helping me deal with those first. I'm not sure what the future holds for Plasmamen, but I'm really happy to see that people are enjoying them. If you want to talk more about Plasmamen or anything you'd like to see in the future, you can hit me up on the IRC channel #lorebus on Rizon, I'm on there pretty often.

Cheers,
Cardigancats
ImageImage
Spoiler:
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #161819

Are different helmet styles that can be chosen in character setup feasible?
Sweaterkittens

Post by Sweaterkittens » #162202

@Luke Cox:

That's certainly something that's doable. However, being a life-support helmet/hood, there isn't a whole lot of potential for customization. Did you have anything specific in mind?
ImageImage
Spoiler:
PlaugeWalker

Post by PlaugeWalker » #162322

Sweaterkittens wrote:@Luke Cox:

That's certainly something that's doable. However, being a life-support helmet/hood, there isn't a whole lot of potential for customization. Did you have anything specific in mind?
Actually, this brings up an idea...I am reminded of quarians from mass effect. Little to no differences in suit minus the geneder aspect. Honestly, maybe just give us those sweet coloring options,
Image\
Sweaterkittens

Post by Sweaterkittens » #162404

PlaugeWalker wrote:
Sweaterkittens wrote:@Luke Cox:

Actually, this brings up an idea...I am reminded of quarians from mass effect. Little to no differences in suit minus the geneder aspect. Honestly, maybe just give us those sweet coloring options,
The issue then lies in how to go about that. If we recolor the whole suit, then we might as well have job-specific suits, which as I said is quite an undertaking. Recoloring the strip is always an option, but purple and orange are "Plasmamen colors". I mean, the Plasmamen themselves are purple space skellingtons. Also, not a lot of colors look good with orange, meaning that even if you recolored the stripe, it might look pretty poor.

I don't mean to sound like a buzzkill. I think adding some customization, especially given the fact that they are limited in what job attire they can wear, would be very cool. We'll just have to figure out a good way to go about it.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #162406

Not every sprite needs to be perfect I would totally accept pallet swaps of a special plasma man space suit if it mean we could add have more variants than rig but with more lines and tiny squiggly details.
Sweaterkittens

Post by Sweaterkittens » #162407

Incomptinence wrote:Not every sprite needs to be perfect I would totally accept pallet swaps of a special plasma man space suit if it mean we could add have more variants than rig but with more lines and tiny squiggly details.
I don't quite understand, are you saying you'd like variants in the basic suit, or a hardsuit variant?
ImageImage
Spoiler:
PlaugeWalker

Post by PlaugeWalker » #162488

Sweaterkittens wrote:
Incomptinence wrote:Not every sprite needs to be perfect I would totally accept pallet swaps of a special plasma man space suit if it mean we could add have more variants than rig but with more lines and tiny squiggly details.
I don't quite understand, are you saying you'd like variants in the basic suit, or a hardsuit variant?

Mostly, saying I just want color options, and the choice to switch between the normal helmet and upgraded one.
Image\