Mafia mode

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Supermichael777
Byond Username: Supermichael777

Mafia mode

Post by Supermichael777 » #164110

Two familys try to operate under the radar on ss13
Like hog was supposed to have there objectives often, but not always conflict.

NO RECRUITMENT, NO TESTS

Various roles inside the structre of the Family

Boss: distributes tc accumulated over time (for having certain objectives still be met more on this later) but cant directly spend them. Can silently transmit mesages to folowers. has a steckin and some ammo for self defence but should be mechanically discouraged from using it to valid. one per family at a minimum of two

Member: has an uplink but starts with no tc. Boss distributes tc that the member uses to complete or maintain objectives. only know thier boss and a codephrase. may start with a trade object or knowing the id of a protection target. should be about 1 per ten people on for each family subtracting ten from total pop for the bosses

Protection target: an unaware non antagonist who generatets tc for the associated family as long as they live. one per family at most

Dealer: Posses a target for one of the family to acquire. is tasked with attempting to trade it for some other item which may or may not be desired by another family. Likely to die or turn states evidence in exchange for their objective. has a concealable deadly weapon to discourage simply blasting them(revolver, silent stechkin, or esword). Knows code-phrases for whoever he can to trade with but not the identity of any family members. should be only one per thirty people

Hit list: people to kill and keep dead. Points for as long as they stay that way.

the families are not big fans of overt violence preferring to handle their business with minimal involvement of local law enforcement.

The overall goal is to have more then a certain amount of tc(representing the favor of the family) at round end and to have more then the other guys. Oh and the protect target must be alive or suicided and the boss must escape.

The boss has to hold desired items to score points on them and the family learns the room items are in on a relatively long timer as long as the dealer doesn't have it.
oranges wrote:It's my game, not yours
Never forget the corruption of these halls

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I actually care.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Omar Beail says, "You guys should fuck for my entertainment"
Classy, TG, Classy

OOC: KorPhaeron: Admins aren't allowed to have friends

OOC: Daman997: I HAVE POSTED VIDEOS OF A MAN FUCKING A SNAKE IN OOC GIVE ME THAT LINK PUSSY
An0n3 wrote:Take the same brand of retardation and invert it and you have people saying "It's okay for a game to cost more because I enjoyed it!
Spoiler:
Q: Why does everyone assume I’m a pervert just for wanting to play as a cat girl?
A: Because they’re degenerate cocksuckers who cannot fathom that another person might have pure intentions in wanting to play as the cat girl master race. Their wish fulfillment fetish-tier races like elves, aasimars, goliaths, and hobgoblins are perfectly fine in their mad, lust-filled minds, such that the purity and perfection of cat girls burns at their evil perverted hearts.

Q: Where are the cat boys?
A: I don’t follow.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Re: Mafia mode

Post by Cheimon » #164120

One of the great themes of mafia fiction is that the police are entirely aware of who the top brass are, but unable to arrest them (either because of financial or legal restrictions). How do you propose to recreate this mechanically in space station 13? Validhunting is a player problem, sure, but there's no way you'll stop players validhunting without a coded mechanic.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #164126

Could make the mob bosses Command Staff. Closest you could get to a legal constraint for arrest (not that it stops the jackboots of JUSTICE).
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #164128

pls no more team antags
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
ATDoop
Byond Username: ATDoop

Post by ATDoop » #164159

Anonmare wrote:Could make the mob bosses Command Staff. Closest you could get to a legal constraint for arrest (not that it stops the jackboots of JUSTICE).
the HoP is basically already running a crime ring with cargobay, so I am in support of this idea.