Secborg replacement: Peacekeeper Borg [PR now up]

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Re: Secborg replacement: Peacekeeper Borg

Post by Scott » #164724

Bottom post of the previous page:

Malkevin wrote:Yes, but you were talking about security's role.
Precisely. Secborgs are being removed because "too good security" when they are not security, they are bound by laws.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #164745

Actually I am fairly sure some regular security players supported the removal I expect precisely because they didn't act like security and when conflict came down say AI wanted to stop an execution were the only real leverage in that conflict.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #164746

okay so to be on topic again here:
when i made bolas, i quickly found out in testing and in the live server that they're actually super robust. they basically eliminate the mobility of whoever you're attacking, and if you actively push them around/go in for a stun, they often won't have a chance to take it off.

this ended up not mattering, however, because it was mainly balanced by the fact that if they were moving around, hitting them with the bola by throwing it would often miss (or occasionally get caught), and you were left with no bola to attack with.

if we give a borg (or anybody, for that matter) a gun that can shoot a lot of bolas really quickly with no upper limit except for their battery charge, this downside goes away. not to mention that with "disposable energy bolas" you are not able to, like with regular bolas, pick up a missed bola and throw it back at your attacker (also because your attacker is a borg and borgs don't get affected by half the shit in the game). an energy bola gun which I am assuming you are trying to push as the borg's main method of approach is much more powerful than a regular bola, and may as well be the same as 99 stamina damage in terms of how much it slows you down. this is not a good thing IMO and probably not what you want, either.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #164748

Well thanks penquin I was afraid that the bolo launcher would be too impotent thanks for restoring my faith in this module.

I think there is no reason to be overly concerned though so that have a better chance to hit with multiple shots so what? You can only be wearing one bola.

Even if everything goes this borgs way and it bolas then dopes you up or whatever it will still need to run off while the drugs take effect. I mean you can just bash it if it stands around staring all creepy like.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #164752

Incomptinence wrote:Well thanks penquin I was afraid that the bolo launcher would be too impotent thanks for restoring my faith in this module.

I think there is no reason to be overly concerned though so that have a better chance to hit with multiple shots so what? You can only be wearing one bola.

Even if everything goes this borgs way and it bolas then dopes you up or whatever it will still need to run off while the drugs take effect. I mean you can just bash it if it stands around staring all creepy like.
it's more the fact that they can spam this shit down a hallway and there's no real way of dodging it ever no matter what. even shields won't save you.
Spoiler:
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #164756

If necessary, we can tweak the projectile speed, slowdown, rate of fire, energy cost, etc. They don't have to strictly behave like regular bolas. Once we have a working prototype of this, we can work on balance.
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #164757

Make freedom implant and that ling corrosion thing slip you out of bolas (lesser form can do it already) and those cuff shoe leg restraint thingies, grouptags can get fucked. It can't have a range limit really or idiots will just walk off screen and spam lethal rounds since this was made the only ranged module and we don't even dare cement what it gets when hacked.

Done dusted meeting up with roles of already existing gear.
PlaugeWalker
Byond Username: PlaugeWalker

Post by PlaugeWalker » #164780

DanielRatherman wrote:Image

Got the side and backsprites done.
It's adorable at the same time Jesus how horrifying.

THough, if anyone cares for my opinion it clashes a bit too much, and looks like it crawled straight out of FNAF. I'd say redesign it to have a seafoam green color. So, that way it wouldn't look like some horrid monster a traitor clown made.
Image\
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #164789

PKPenguin321 wrote:okay so to be on topic again here:
when i made bolas, i quickly found out in testing and in the live server that they're actually super robust. they basically eliminate the mobility of whoever you're attacking, and if you actively push them around/go in for a stun, they often won't have a chance to take it off.

this ended up not mattering, however, because it was mainly balanced by the fact that if they were moving around, hitting them with the bola by throwing it would often miss (or occasionally get caught), and you were left with no bola to attack with.

if we give a borg (or anybody, for that matter) a gun that can shoot a lot of bolas really quickly with no upper limit except for their battery charge, this downside goes away. not to mention that with "disposable energy bolas" you are not able to, like with regular bolas, pick up a missed bola and throw it back at your attacker (also because your attacker is a borg and borgs don't get affected by half the shit in the game). an energy bola gun which I am assuming you are trying to push as the borg's main method of approach is much more powerful than a regular bola, and may as well be the same as 99 stamina damage in terms of how much it slows you down. this is not a good thing IMO and probably not what you want, either.
thanks for making bolas
DanielRatherman
Byond Username: DanRatherman

Post by DanielRatherman » #164807

PlaugeWalker wrote:

THough, if anyone cares for my opinion it clashes a bit too much, and looks like it crawled straight out of FNAF. I'd say redesign it to have a seafoam green color. So, that way it wouldn't look like some horrid monster a traitor clown made.
I've redesigned it a bit since then- and am working on new color pallet. I'll present a few variant when I get the time. Maybe seafoam green, secborg red, and white with blue trim.

Fonedsky
Byond Username: FonedSky

Post by Fonedsky » #164822

DanielRatherman wrote:
PlaugeWalker wrote:

I've redesigned it a bit since then- and am working on new color pallet. I'll present a few variant when I get the time. Maybe seafoam green, secborg red, and white with blue trim.

most borgs have grey in them in some way
maybe add grey to it? it'd fit in with all the other borgs, it'd probably look a bit better then
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #164825

I'd add they grey on the monitor/head and in the areas between the padding.
DanielRatherman

Post by DanielRatherman » #164909

Tried two things with this:

Took the suggestions to move to sea green from babby blue and I think it is a nice touch.

Three versions: two variants of the green, two variants of the grey lining. I think the middle one is the best.

I also messed around with giving him the old secborg legs- which accomplishes two interesting things. It gives him a more open, intercepting stance which makes his goal of "don't get past me and stop fighting" more evident- and they're sexy mettaton robot legs as well.

Look good?
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #164916

congratulations, now your hugbot evolved into a stripper robot
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #164923

WHO AM I REMINDED OF
Spoiler:

IT'S METTATON
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #164927

PKPenguin321 wrote:congratulations, now your hugbot evolved into a stripper robot
Add this design as a skin choice for Stripper Service-Cyborgs.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #164929

>emagged service borg gives you a roof-o'd "beer"
>takes on the stripper bot appearance
>tfw given the bad touch by a puke green mettaton
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #164930

Remind me why we don't have a Mettaton skin for service borgs
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #164931

I know the idea is "peacekeeper", but if it's truly designed around preventing harm, shouldn't it also have some tools to protect from environmental/non-assault-related harm? It wouldn't be nearly as good as an engiborg at patching hull breaches, of course, but if it had some way to make sure people didn't get sucked into space or incinerated it might be nice. Hell, if the grenade launcher idea was implemented, having a low-capacity metal foam grenade for emergency cordoning might be useful.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #164950

Soften the grey a little, make the green look more like a shade you would find on a fisher price toy (maybe something like this or this), and we're set.
EndgamerAzari wrote:I know the idea is "peacekeeper", but if it's truly designed around preventing harm, shouldn't it also have some tools to protect from environmental/non-assault-related harm? It wouldn't be nearly as good as an engiborg at patching hull breaches, of course, but if it had some way to make sure people didn't get sucked into space or incinerated it might be nice. Hell, if the grenade launcher idea was implemented, having a low-capacity metal foam grenade for emergency cordoning might be useful.
Every borg module is designed for a specialized purpose. In this case, it's preventing human-to-human harm. The engiborg has no tools to treat injuries, the mediborg has no tools to stop serial killers, etc. What you're describing would be perfect for the standard borg though.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #164951

EndgamerAzari wrote:I know the idea is "peacekeeper", but if it's truly designed around preventing harm, shouldn't it also have some tools to protect from environmental/non-assault-related harm? It wouldn't be nearly as good as an engiborg at patching hull breaches, of course, but if it had some way to make sure people didn't get sucked into space or incinerated it might be nice. Hell, if the grenade launcher idea was implemented, having a low-capacity metal foam grenade for emergency cordoning might be useful.
this is called "bolting doors" silly
Spoiler:
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #164987

ShadowDimentio wrote:Remind me why we don't have a Mettaton skin for service borgs
I have no idea.

Especially since METTATON is my other borg name.
the first one was ERP-1337
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
DanielRatherman

Post by DanielRatherman » #164988

And in environments.

Only thought I have is that the fingers and antennae can get lost against white tiles- but most of the station is dark so the contrast works there.

Any other changes to the palette or should I start updating the other sprites to this palette/leg configuration?
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #164991

DanielRatherman wrote:Any other changes to the palette
Luke Cox wrote:Soften the grey a little, make the green look more like a shade you would find on a fisher price toy (maybe something like this or this), and we're set.
Personally I'd say not quite as eye-rape as the colours Luke put up.
(Then again, I would have preferred a pink bot.) HAHAHA DISREGARD THAT I SUCK COCKS

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #164997

And in environments.

Only thought I have is that the fingers and antennae can get lost against white tiles- but most of the station is dark so the contrast works there.

Any other changes to the palette or should I start updating the other sprites to this palette/leg configuration?
Absolutely perfect. Any word from Drynwyn on the code?
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #164998

i still believe the game would be better off without these or any variation of them, at least until borgs are given more weaknesses
Spoiler:
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #165002

There's no harm in trying them since we're this far along. They can be balanced very easily.

Edit: Not sure why you feel that borgs in general need more weaknesses. You can explode them with one console and they die to like two EMPs
Jike
Byond Username: Jike

Post by Jike » #165008

How about something that looks around the lines of this?
It looks roundy and peacekeepy without being oddly shaped, also, it retains a bit of the shape of the original sec borg
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #165009

We're pretty set on appearance, sprites, etc. At this point we're just waiting for word from Drynwyn
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #165011

Luke Cox wrote:There's no harm in trying
of course not, it's a harm prevention borg

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #165016

Luke Cox wrote:There's no harm in trying them since we're this far along. They can be balanced very easily.

Edit: Not sure why you feel that borgs in general need more weaknesses. You can explode them with one console and they die to like two EMPs
we are not far along. we have sprites and that is it.

borgs having more weaknesses is really a topic for another thread, but if you honestly think they don't have many weaknesses you can get out, okay?
>one console asplodes them haha!
yeah if you can like, kill the captain and take his ID, or kill the RD (good luck I'm behind 10,000 reactive teleport armors) for the access.

>b-but empps 2 shot them?
no they dont, dont lie
and the stun isnt even long enough to kill them with most weapons
and emps are specific to either extremely limited items or certain antag roles
and even if you do get them to like 1 health, if they get away for even a second it's lolnodamageslowdown so you still get cucked
Spoiler:
GeeElAge
Byond Username: GiygasLittleHelper

Post by GeeElAge » #165018

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Luke Cox wrote:There's no harm in trying them since we're this far along. They can be balanced very easily.

borgs having more weaknesses is really a topic for another thread, but if you honestly think they don't have many weaknesses you can get out, okay?
yeah if you can like, kill the captain and take his ID, or kill the RD (good luck I'm behind 10,000 reactive teleport armors) for the access.
Don't you just need robotics access to work the console?
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #165024

Luke Cox wrote:

And in environments.

Absolutely perfect. Any word from Drynwyn on the code?
Are you colour blind because the way that clashes with everything looks like total eye cancer.
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #165031

Status update: Absolutely no progress has been made, I have been busy as hell helping with family problems. Will continue work but progress will likely be slow.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #165041

I know it's probably a conscious choice of yours and I hate myself for saying it but ss13 sprites in /tg/ usually use lineart for borders when it comes to sprites. It's also a very straight looking colour gradient from lighter cyan to darker cyan, try changing the hues. You've also got two shades of cyan in the middle that are verrry similar. It might look better with those suggestions taken into account it might not vOv
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
DanielRatherman

Post by DanielRatherman » #165048

imblyings wrote:I know it's probably a conscious choice of yours and I hate myself for saying it but ss13 sprites in /tg/ usually use lineart for borders when it comes to sprites. It's also a very straight looking colour gradient from lighter cyan to darker cyan, try changing the hues. You've also got two shades of cyan in the middle that are verrry similar. It might look better with those suggestions taken into account it might not vOv

Not at all without merit- Top one is old, bottom has a defined outline, not unlike the Secborg. Does help with the contrast immensely at a distance, especially on the hands and head. I think I'll keep that, thanks.

As for the colors I should advertise that I'm absolute garbage at color theory. This particular color of blue-green is a real pain in the ass to balance properly without saturating it down to ocean grey or brightening it to a fluorescent nightmare. I'll try to mix in some darker blue/purple into the shadows maybe.

When you say the second cyan in the middle you mean the little light in the chest? I was thinking of making that red but was afraid that would read a little too literally as the borg 'having a heart' and shit.
Topham
Byond Username: Topham

Post by Topham » #165051

Jike wrote:How about something that looks around the lines of this?
Spoiler:
It looks roundy and peacekeepy without being oddly shaped, also, it retains a bit of the shape of the original sec borg
This is honestly my favorite aesthetic idea in this whole thread and I refuse to support any of the other sprite ideas. It's not that they're bad but this is so cute and perfect look at it

and this way it won't look like mettaton meets your friendly neighborhood pedophile
DanielRatherman

Post by DanielRatherman » #165057

Vote now on your phones.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #165062

Definitely the safety egg.

Tint it a light hugboх-pink and you may have my waifu's firstborn.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #165071

I must admit, the safety egg is growing on me.
Drynwyn wrote:Status update: Absolutely no progress has been made, I have been busy as hell helping with family problems. Will continue work but progress will likely be slow.
No worries, just keep us posted
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #165074

My submission for a friendly, happy borg which is capable of keeping the peace in an average round of spacemen.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #165075

featuring quadruple pulse rifles to better serve the cause of harm prevention

they're lasers of love
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #165079

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Image

My submission for a friendly, happy borg which is capable of keeping the peace in an average round of spacemen.
Good sprite, but I'm not sure that it works well for this particular Borg. We're trying to avoid any association with security, law enforcement, etc. Looks more like power armor, which would be a sweet addition too.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #165082

What are you talking about?
It's perfect - double the arms for double the hugs!
DanielRatherman

Post by DanielRatherman » #165083

>spend 2 days workshopping a sprite
>lots of feedback, criticism, changes, and editing.

>spend 2 minutes making a mockup of a sprite.
>favored instantly

:salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt:
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #165087

Heh, sometimes the simple way is the best. I agree with Demonfiren, it should be soft pink.

Edit: My quick mockup:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #165117

GeeElAge wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:

Don't you just need robotics access to work the console?
nope, it's RD access or higher
Luke Cox wrote:Good sprite, but I'm not sure that it works well for this particular Borg. We're trying to avoid any association with security, law enforcement, etc. Looks more like power armor, which would be a sweet addition too.
that sprite was a meme you dip
Spoiler:
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #165131

In that case, I agree. The robotics control console should be science access. It makes sense, the console is there in case of an emergency. Making it so that only two people can use it is dumb.

As for the sprite, some people were suggesting a more officer-looking sprite, so I thought it was serious.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #165138

Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #165141

I prefer the blue boxhead.
DanielRatherman