APCs randomly BSOD

A place to record your ideas for the game.
killerx09
Byond Username: Killerx09

APCs randomly BSOD

Post by killerx09 » #171384

What the title says. Gives all APCs a small chance to go BSOD. This would reduce the meta-ing of a Malf AI, and give engineers something to fix if they're bored.

And before you start panicking, a BSOD just perma-unlocks the interface of the APC.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Re: APCs randomly BSOD

Post by Anonmare » #171410

AI hacked APCs are permanently locked out and not unlocked. Granted AIs can unlock hacked APCs but, still, I'd make them perma-locked for meta's sake. Wish APCs had a little more utility so there'd be a reason for people to emag them other than attempting to frame the AI.
Anyway, it shouldn't be too hard to make a camera failure-like event that hacks a handful of APCs, it should just be a simple RNG picker and changing the "emagged" variable to 1.

Also, while we're on the subject of APCs, there ought to be a way to disable them for the average crewmember without gloves and wirecutters. Like, say, bashing off the cover with a fire extinguisher and yanking out the battery. Xenos can sort of do that but they just leave it unscrewed and all the wires cut.
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #171454

Anonmare wrote: Also, while we're on the subject of APCs, there ought to be a way to disable them for the average crewmember without gloves and wirecutters. Like, say, bashing off the cover with a fire extinguisher and yanking out the battery. Xenos can sort of do that but they just leave it unscrewed and all the wires cut.
You can literally do exactly what you described, though. I think you might need a crowbar, but that's it.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #171464

Drynwyn wrote:
Anonmare wrote: Also, while we're on the subject of APCs, there ought to be a way to disable them for the average crewmember without gloves and wirecutters. Like, say, bashing off the cover with a fire extinguisher and yanking out the battery. Xenos can sort of do that but they just leave it unscrewed and all the wires cut.
You can literally do exactly what you described, though. I think you might need a crowbar, but that's it.
Last I checked the APC had to be destroyed first. If it can be done on an active APC, it's news to me
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #171465

Anonmare wrote:
Drynwyn wrote:
Last I checked the APC had to be destroyed first. If it can be done on an active APC, it's news to me
If you hit an APC with a fire extinguisher or other weapon with force >5 a bunch the cover breaks.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #171472

Ahem actually, the APC has to have a broken cover already, and the weapon must be 10 force or higher
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #171475

I could have sworn you could do this on an undamaged APC. Guess that changed?