Remove or Rework revenant

A place to record your ideas for the game.

I hate revenants

Remove/rework it
35%
Its fine
65%

Total votes: 46

Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Re: Remove or Rework revenant

Post by Oldman Robustin » #174687

Bottom post of the previous page:

Luke Cox wrote:Remove transit and revenant will lose all flavor and fun. Who cares if they side with antags? Git gud
That's the whole damn point, you can't GIT GUD if an invisible asshole is constantly telling your enemies where you are.

They don't even KNOW they've been out'd by a revenant.

I mean what if we had a side events where a player ghost could just feed everything they've seen to a player of their choice?

That'd be utter shit right? I mean we worked extensively to stop ghosts from using methods to tell the crew who killed them, who's an antag, etc.

Why is it suddenly ok if we let that ghost also EMP shit, fuck their stamina up, or stun everyone near lights?
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #174705

Oldman Robustin wrote:
Luke Cox wrote:Remove transit and revenant will lose all flavor and fun. Who cares if they side with antags? Git gud
That's the whole damn point, you can't GIT GUD if an invisible asshole is constantly telling your enemies where you are.

They don't even KNOW they've been out'd by a revenant.

I mean what if we had a side events where a player ghost could just feed everything they've seen to a player of their choice?

That'd be utter shit right? I mean we worked extensively to stop ghosts from using methods to tell the crew who killed them, who's an antag, etc.

Why is it suddenly ok if we let that ghost also EMP shit, fuck their stamina up, or stun everyone near lights?
Well for abductors we've given them a restriction to not just murderbone, why can't we do something similar to the griefghost?

Why would you tell security who's killing people when you're relying on people dying to "survive" or whatever? that makes no sense.

Gamethrowing Griefghosts should just get banned from being able to be a griefghost, that's not fun for anyone involved.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #174709

Transmit is pretty much the only good thing about revenants. Roleplaying with people, creating an element of uncertain trust, feeding them information that may or may not be correct? All that stuff has great potential. What's much less interesting is just a ghost that pops up to overpower lights and then juke away before someone shoots them.

The concept of the revenant that only helps security is bad, but the solution to that isn't to remove the only thing that makes the revenant any more than a silent griefer. There are precedents for this sort of thing before, like changelings going to security and selling each other out, or double agents going to security and giving them the name of their target (and therefore another agent). Agree with other admins to some sort of rule enforcement change, and set a precedent that revenants who only work with security to ruin other people's fun shouldn't get to play the role.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #174823

Cheimon wrote:Transmit is pretty much the only good thing about revenants. Roleplaying with people, creating an element of uncertain trust, feeding them information that may or may not be correct? All that stuff has great potential. What's much less interesting is just a ghost that pops up to overpower lights and then juke away before someone shoots them.

The concept of the revenant that only helps security is bad, but the solution to that isn't to remove the only thing that makes the revenant any more than a silent griefer. There are precedents for this sort of thing before, like changelings going to security and selling each other out, or double agents going to security and giving them the name of their target (and therefore another agent). Agree with other admins to some sort of rule enforcement change, and set a precedent that revenants who only work with security to ruin other people's fun shouldn't get to play the role.
Thank you for this, I really wanted transmit to stay but I didn't really have a way to say it.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #174875

ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:Gamethrowing Griefghosts should just get banned from being able to be a griefghost, that's not fun for anyone involved.
pretty much this. Especially people coming back from dead as a ghost role so they can fuck with whoever took them out of the round.

"Oh boy howdy I worked perfectly as a traitor, took out my target neatly and caused enough chaos to get the shuttle called without anything to lead security back to me, now gotta just get on the shuttle fo- whoops, no, my target ghosted and told sec I was a traitor. GG."
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #174881

Let's try again: make revenant all about RP, not zapping people with lightning.

Make them like Abductors, except without abducting but manipulating instead. Maybe to possess people you'd make them sign some document (like the devil meme thing). Maybe to possess you could also make them grab a specific item (it would play an object of sentimental value or significance), and then when they held id, possess.

Maybe when possessed you both would share the body, but they would be unable to do anything - or maybe let through a scream now and than. Maybe you would get objective or score based on how many obscenities you can shout at people. Maybe when fed holy water the exorcism would be performed, and Possessee would receive some minor power when cleansed. Maybe he would be able to see ghosts or something.

I mean there are ways to make Revenant not another murderboner.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Xhagi
Byond Username: Aliannera

Post by Xhagi » #174902

Or just remove grief meta information ghost.

:honk:
Professional Catgirl and Gayboy Supreme.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #175074

>remove something because the players are too retarded to handle it

Glad you're an admin and not a coder.
Not that that would change anything.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #175225

I had so much fun persuading people to morphine up braindeads and leave them alone with transmit (Morphined people can be soul-eaten)
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #175229

Grief ghost used dream Eater
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #175235

I've had fun pretending to be Central Command, getting the AI to urge Sec to execute their HoS for being a changeling.
At the same time, telling the Captain the AI might have been subverted.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #176025

It would be very interesting to see revenants more focused on the whole "manipulate and deceive" sort of thing, with corresponding abilities and objectives.
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #176131

Keep in mind this is if the poll magically changes to the point where more people want it to change.

which I don't think is going to happen.