Clever Disguise Kit

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Midaychi
Byond Username: Amidaychi

Clever Disguise Kit

Post by Midaychi » #181816

Clever disguise kit: Constructed from 10 cardboard sheets, a jury rigged station bounced radio, a robot arm, and some cable.

Use a paintbrush with some paint on it (doesn't matter what colour) onto the kit to get a selection dialogue, in which you can choose from a large variety of antagonistic and protagonistic creatures and entities, such as demons and cyborgs and fish and aliens.

Use on a constructed scooter to finish the disguise: Something that looks exactly like the subject matter on casual inspection, but on (e)xamine, clearly looks like a cardboard art project gone wrong.

You can mount the devious construction to ride around hidden inside it, you can use the jury rigged radio to emit noises that vaguely sound like the relevant subject matter (Buzzing and booping for cyborgs, gnashing for carp, etc), and you can clumsily manipulate the cyborg arm with the cable rig to menace fellow crew members with your monstrosity.
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Re: Clever Disguise Kit

Post by Okand37 » #181820

Absolutely beautiful, but I feel like it should have more robotic limb requirements. But this would be just tremendously hilarious, and I'd love to see what would happen with it.
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #181834

Personally I would love to see this as maint loot instead of something anybody can craft.

Also the code needed for this makes me gag.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #181843

MisterPerson wrote:Personally I would love to see this as maint loot instead of something anybody can craft.

Also the code needed for this makes me gag.
I mean as a basic version, couldn't it just use a pre-set list of disguises (carp, corgi, spider, ect), then use the disguise system remie added for cardborg suits?

Use the paintbrush to pick from a list of choices and have it apply the overlay depending on the choice.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.