Add more miner slots

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Re: Add more miner slots

Post by Wyzack » #180839

Bottom post of the previous page:

Lava station when? I mean i am semi serious about this. We have talked at length about a planet map, but lavaland addresses a lot of our concerns about making outside the station still dangerous and provides plenty of natural barriers to moving around. We could also connect to other Z's through gates like the one blocking the weather machine.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #181101

Wyzack wrote:Lava station when? I mean i am semi serious about this. We have talked at length about a planet map, but lavaland addresses a lot of our concerns about making outside the station still dangerous and provides plenty of natural barriers to moving around. We could also connect to other Z's through gates like the one blocking the weather machine.
i prefer junglestation but i guess they'd be effectively the same thing so yeah
onplanet station when
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #181346

We could do both. Jungle station with security level on top, lavastation underground where most jobs are. Sec on the jungle level has to prevent mobs from invading the civilian sector.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #181568

the path of ss13 evolution is clear

cm and tg together
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #181685

Colonial marines is a directionless mess where admins control the rounds and the roleplay is usually conducted by special snowflakes

I love the idea in concept but a) their concept of balance is a complete joke and b) their code is trash, nothing but trash
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #181776

paprika wrote:Colonial marines is a directionless mess where admins control the rounds and the roleplay is usually conducted by special snowflakes

I love the idea in concept but a) their concept of balance is a complete joke and b) their code is trash, nothing but trash
Honestly it's got some fun gems in it, the deployable sentry turret is great, some of the sprites are cool looking. But it's got some real issues, the most annoying is their 'roleplay' enforcement which is near Bay levels of stupid, I got bwoinked for wearing a firesuit when there was lethally hot air in the corridors as a marine because soldiers don't take off their armour apparently.

Their movement is also hellishly slow and painful, so it'slesswalking and more slowly trudging towards things.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #181791

it's called immersion noob
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #181792

I dunno the first/last time I was there I managed to plasma flood the entirety of engineering, start up the supermatter, clean it up, then drag some piping and extra cans over to medbay to idiot proof their cryo because apparently they have super shitty cryo tubes, get drafted and forced to start up their on-planet generators which I did the complete wrong way by dismantling a plasma generator and dragging it in a crate to wire to the grid instead of their weird snowflake geothermal thing they want you to do.

Maybe they just gave me some leeway because I was the only engineer.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #181799

I don't respect the CM admins at all. Rounds on there last like 4 hours, so if I come home at the end of the day, I usually only have one chance to get a round in. This was quite a problem when after aliens assaulted the Sulaco and got killed by grille spam and grenades, rather than letting them respawn, the staff member Absynth decided to just gib all of the aliens and pass it off as a nuke, despite there being around 30 or 40 larva on the planet that they could take control of. And so went three hours and my night down the drain.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #181859

Its really odd on CM when it comes to admin enforcement consistency, some times you'll be given a lot of leeway for mistakes or doing actions a bit outside your role, other times if you just so much as do something minor, like picking up a SMG as a civilian, you'll get bwoinked to kingdom come.

I like the server and do occasionally play, but the combination of weird enforcement and the usually two to three hour long rounds make sure my play times are very sporadic.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #181860

I remember another occurance of their admins being shitty. It was literally the last day on their old Nostromo map, and the map was BUGGY AS FUCK. It was fucking insane, they somehow broke atmos to the point that it would spontaneously get pressure on the sulaco and chainstun people on there forever, eventually suffocating and breaking limbs off. So while all of said suffocation and limb breaking was going on, I, an MP, and several other civilians decided fuck this and left. We got there, I killed a few aliens, and then I got bwoinked by an admin (who was likely one of the aliens) asking why I was on the Nostromo as an MP. I said atmos was fucked, and he flat out told me to go back or he'd ban me. I went back and immediately died to shitty atmos, my ahelps being ignored and complaints on the forum being locked, never going on there again for months because that whole thing left a sour taste in my mouth.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #185045

we are adding more fucking memes to mining and there are still only 3 slots jesus
cocothegogo
Byond Username: Cocothegog0

Post by cocothegogo » #185183

here is my idea, we scrap mining shuttle all together and we put a gateway where the shuttle is supposed to be, and make it so that anybody can go through the gateway and to the lavaland through gateway
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #185206

cocothegogo wrote:here is my idea, we scrap mining shuttle all together and we put a gateway where the shuttle is supposed to be, and make it so that anybody can go through the gateway and to the lavaland through gateway
Only if theres a random event that random mobs come trough that are player controlled
The future is horrible!
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #185332

I proposed that a while ago, that we should just remove the mining shuttle and replace it with the gateway so miners would have to go through it.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Ezel

Post by Ezel » #185338

Nvm terrible idea
The future is horrible!
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #185624

Ezel wrote:Nvm terrible idea
What? Why?
Ezel

Post by Ezel » #185843

Armhulen wrote:
Ezel wrote:Nvm terrible idea
What? Why?
Because somebody stealing your mining suits are already bad enough
The future is horrible!
cocothegogo
Byond Username: Cocothegog0

Post by cocothegogo » #185859

you could put the mining suits in a room that only miners have access to
Ezel

Post by Ezel » #186026

That doesnt stop them unless you add a mining suit vendor thats just cosmetic and offers no armor but still offers the suit storage
The future is horrible!
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #186181

Stop pulling more roles away from station and onto other zlevels like mining.
Gamarr
Byond Username: Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #186241

There is nothing stopping crewmen from asking/being asked/assigned to help in the mining outpost. Several jobs would help them just by being there such as: doctor, assistant, atmos, engi.

The help a miner gets has very little to do with their snowflake mining gear and more with just having another helper in the outpost to recover their body/maintain the outpost or a body out in the field with them. Any particular gear can be bought via points in the vendor easily enough if the 3 spare mining lockers aren't enough to supply them.