More bad ideas to integrate the station with lavaland

A place to record your ideas for the game.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

More bad ideas to integrate the station with lavaland

Post by onleavedontatme » #189128

Security:

-Permabrig moved to be on lavaland
-Exile Pods: Shoot prisoners into lavland at a random spot
-Drop Pod: Much like the ops pod. Miners can designate a landing zone so security can come shotgun the lizards (or a traitor miner can make them land in lava)

Engineering:
A large cannon to maintain. The cannon draws power sink levels of energy to charge up, but can nuke lavaland from orbit, providing fire support to miners.

Target at beacons placed by miners (or possibly very inaccurate coordinate fire). Maybe require head authorization. Cant fire at station z level.

Stretch goal: Shoot the sybil cannon at basil

Librarian:
Special cross round display cases that let you show off an item + put a blurb. You cant take said items from the case, but you can replace them with your own. Make them indiana jones.

Cargo: They become the unseen support staff from helldivers, shooting pods of gear at beacons miner's set up.

Also give them cross server/cross round newscasters.

Tell my why my ideas wont work please.
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Re: More bad ideas to integrate the station with lavaland

Post by Ezel » #189145

Start with moving mining station to the middle
The future is horrible!
Cayce
Byond Username: Cayce

Post by Cayce » #189149

Create Lava Planet ferries on the station that aren't connected to mining and have no access requirements. Stock them with vacation clothes, beach balls, fun things, etc, and extra oxygen tanks, but no mining picks. The lava planet as a vacation spot for the crew, the only kind of vacation NT will spring for.

Make sure the ferries drop them no where near the mining station at all.

Maybe if they're lucky, the crew who go will be able to reach the resort on the mining planet, if it exists in that round.
Winsome Lousome - A Winsome lass with criminal tendencies.
Kwisatz Haderach - Blue haired prophet of engineering.
Steals-The-Thing - That fucking ligger stole the pen out of my PDA.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #189151

Kor wrote:Security:

-Drop Pod: Much like the ops pod. Miners can designate a landing zone so security can come shotgun the lizards
Will just lead to hallway executions once they run out of pods.
Mining drop pod is cool though.
Engineering:
A large cannon to maintain. The cannon draws power sink levels of energy to charge up, but can nuke lavaland from orbit, providing fire support to miners.
I think people have been asking for something for engineering to do with all the infinite power they generate for a long time.
Maybe make it so miners have to designate a firing point before they can shoot (unless emagged).
Would also give traitors with an "assassinate a shaft miner" objective a way to actually do so instead of just praying the mobs get him.
Librarian:
Special cross round display cases that let you show off an item + put a blurb. You cant take said items from the case, but you can replace them with your own. Make them indiana jones.
Also give them cross server/cross round newscasters.
There is zero wrong with this or ways to abuse this aside from maybe causing librarians to go and try and steal the hos's laser or something for giggles.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #189158

Science: One-way teleporter using the same beacon as the Engineering cannon? Maybe they can send down more gear, or maybe bombs?
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #189164

yes to everything but only if we get more miner slots
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #189168

tbh telescience should just get re-added but when it's used it zaps like 50% of the station's grid
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #189175

Cik wrote:tbh telescience should just get re-added but when it's used it zaps like 50% of the station's grid
Telescience never got removed iirc; it just has to be built from scratch.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #189177

Kor you really ought to be less self concious

anyways a mass driver so you can send crates down to lavaland would be cool too
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #189190

I would totally be down for having the librarian become some sort of a psuedo-archeologist in lavaland
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #189191

Only thing I can think of is pinching Xeno-archaeology from Bay tbh
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #189199

Cant fire at station z level.[unless emagged]
Now it's a good idea.
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Post by Bombadil » #189301

Low Orbital Bluespace Cannoning an Ash Drake sounds amazing
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #189303

Operation Humanity Fuck Yeah, have a brave miner give his life to deliver a cannon beacon into an ash walker nest and blow it the fuck up
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #189316

Space Station 13.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #189317

The bottom line Ned is that this is a game. People play it for fun. And people (myself included) have responded very well to lavaland. It is fucking fun. Restricting a major source of fun because of a design choice is kinda shit
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #189319

Before all this cool shit is added, we have to ask why is it even needed. Currently miners can pretty much solo lavaland all on their own.

The only thing that would have a current use would be the orbital cannon to nuke tendrils, and everything else would be superfluous and make it so miners never ever die because they have too much stuff.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #189322

Make lavaland HARDER!

In fact i think that is actually something Kor was planning on doing somewhere down the pipe, make certain areas much more difficult
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #189363

Reposting from shitty ideas thread.

Botany should be able to grow terraforming seeds, like Kudzu they spread out rapidly but replace the lava floor with grass, when planted they create a central pod that emits O2 all around it at a safe amount. You can mutate them into murdergrass that tries strangling anyone lying down on it.

Mining itself gets a new toy, the drop pod system, a locker sized pod (essentially a special locker) can carry a miner and all his/her gear along with a load of special equipment, that is then dropped to the surface of the asteroid or lavaland via a computer in the mining dock, this way you can drop miners in to help rescue people or directly onto a more juicy bit of ore, or a safezone set up by another miner

Pod system
Pod manufacturer: put in resources, build pods for the launcher.
Pod launcher: Drag a pod onto the platform, the computer has the options 'scan' which brings up a list of GPS devices on the mining Z-level. Load, scans for a pod in the platform, if there is one there it displays the message 'payload ready' if not it says 'platform empty' Target, targets the selected GPS unit. Launch, launches the loaded pod at the GPS signal. You can only target actual GPS units.
Standard pod: Basically a fancy locker that keeps the person inside at a safe temperature and air level, comes pre-packed with a pick, shovel, GPS, capsule and emergency tank. Will function as ghetto escape pods if you climb in it and don't launch but rather let the emergency shuttle launch countdown.
Terraformer pod: Upon landing pops into a surival capsule sized room with a terraformer pod in the middle and various plant seeds to drop on the grass that will grow out of it.
Bombardment pod: Gibtonite tipped warhead! For when you really, really, really don't want those ashwalkers to get on the station, or for large scale rock clearing I guess, if you want to be boring. Explosion radius the same as a fully powered gibtonite explosion.
Two way pod: Connects directly to a gate on the station to let people feely come and go between the two points. Will also transport any object placed inside, so ashwalkers could toss in a gibtonite, hit it and then close the pod to send it up to the station if they wanted, but should really be used to move ore from the surface in large amounts.

New mining equipment.
Mining laser: Basically an emitter for miners, accepts any type of powercell or directly wiring them in.
Coring charge: Shaped charge that creates a 3x7 corridor facing the direction it was planted. Needs a powercell to set off, or wiring to set off.
Pod Guidance system: Pods find their targets by locking into the GPS and then depending on the level of components in the pod launcher will hit a random spot around that location, the guidance system makes the next shot hit directly onto the GPS, load the GPS into the machine, and spent one bluespace crystal to prep the GPS.
Monster netting: Places a trap tile that catches whatever monsters walk over it in a net that holds them for up to a minute, keeping them immobile and passive for that time. has a 99% chance to fail on ash drakes. 50% chance to fail on Goliaths, 20% chance to fail on Legions, and 20% chance to fail on Watchers.
Monster control collar: Place it on a monster to put them under mind control, they can then be harvested for natural resources and renamed.
Thermoelectric pump: Place next to lava and activate, it will stick a pipe into the lava and begin generating power, can hold up to ten powercells at once to keep them charging, and can be wired into other gear.
Ash Shield: once powered up it will keep an area free of ash storms.
Floodlights: Big ass lights that illiminate large areas. Needs powercells. Lights sometimes blow out.
Defence turrets: shoots monster nets, bullets or flashbangs depending on what it's set to. Needs powercells and ammo.
Fencing: Basically a grille with the dimensions of a windoor, drag your sprite onto it to climb over, can be fitted with razor wire to make it harder to climb. Attach a powercell to electrify a certain number of segments. The more advanced the cell the more segments getting electrified, run wire under it to make it all electrified.
Secure gate: ^ but as a gate, click to open, click with mining ID to lock.

New Ashwalker stuff.
Invisibility cloak: Throw a stack of ten goliath plates to get an exosuit that turns you most invisible.
Ash potion: a beaker of human blood gets you a potion that makes you immune to the ash storms.
Beast tokens: Three goliath bones lets you craft a token to summon a friendly goliath to attack non ash walkers, Three watcher corpses to summon them, a legion heart to summon a legion and an ash drake body to summon just a normal ash drake (no effect on hostility)
Hunting spears: Goliath bone, watcher sinew and a bluespace crystal gets you a spear that when clicked once designates where you're standing as a drop off point and then killing something with the spear teleports the body to the drop off point.
Tracking kit: Watcher sinew, Goliath plate and plasma ore creates a scroll that when clicked gives you the direction of the nearest human, or the ashwalker tendril if you change the settings.
Infester clump: Clicking on the cleaner bugs in the walker nest once they've been fed gives you a clump of rotting flesh infested with small insects, when you're on a metal floor click the clump and it spawns a mini tendril; ashwalkers can drag click themselves onto this tendril, it will gib their current body but then they can spawn back on any other mini tendril on the Z-level.
The Maw: Three Aswalkers sacrifice themselves into the tendril to spawn a fleshy pod, when that pod is hit it opens up into a ringed mouth filled with teeth that will use goliath style tentacles to stun people, and then drag them into it, it gibs them and spits out an ashwalker egg at a 1-1 ratio. Must be dragged, when it opens up it cancels the use of all tendrils mini and main. When killed all the ashwalker gear becomes useless, you have to then make more.

New natural resources.
Goliath milk: disgusting, but has omnizine in it. When heated makes Sour Goliath milk, which has cyanide.
Watcher tears: Drinking them lets you walk across lava for the next minute.
Legion ash: Using it on yourself makes you immune to the next ash storm.
Ash Drake eggs: Eating causes the ash drake to go rogue, place in lava to get Ash hatchling as a loyal pet.

New Creature.
Ash Hatchling: A tiny ash drake with no combat abilities, vanity pet.

Because buffing something like this is totally not unreasonable and totally wouldn't take a massive amount of effort coding and spriting all this new shit, and totally wouldn't be broken as fuck and wouldn't turn every round into ashwalker Vs the station the moment anyone died.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #189367

These are all really cool ideas, but they would turn lavaland into a team based tribal expansion game
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Gamarr
Byond Username: Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #189369

Kor wrote:Security:

Combine with gulag use for single area function. Permanent detention with ability to opt, if sec wants to give you the chance (or just lie and get ores out of you) to mine for freedom. Airtanks/food/clothes, etc. could be acquired via this method using a chute method. Or vendor.
New prison could have a turret to deter mobs rushing the door, with settings toggleable via the security/command module there so it can be set to target prisoners/non-sec plus monsters or solely monsters at the flip of a switch. Or not. You can let the prison suffer monster attacks and just give meager/wood supplies to the prisoners to repair if they like having a secure facility; not like sec has to live in it (depending where the command center for this is).
-Drop Pod: Much like the ops pod. Miners can designate a landing zone so security can come shotgun the lizards (or a traitor miner can make them land in lava)

Engineering:

Target at beacons placed by miners (or possibly very inaccurate coordinate fire). Maybe require head authorization. Cant fire at station z level.
Make a mass-driver cannon, with engineering and cargo working on it both. It fires the pods for prisoners/supplies, or with just a large iron rod loaded, becomes the fuck-you-orbital. Exile pods could just be no-frills metal eggs or boxes, with no thought given to where they are sent other than the 'fringe' of the map, where there is the lavaland spawns/uncleared monsters. Supply drops are aimed towards the GPS markers miners can use, with a GPS beacon built into the supply crates (higher tier in cost to replace via cargo points or mining points) enabling the miners to locate the drop when it lands off course (should be common to varying degrees). Lava-proofed box/eggs requiring more points/research/goliath plates to be added pre-launch.

You can fire people/other things, though what happens to the person when fired at lavaland will be what you'd expect out of shooting a person at the ground from space. It should not be able to fire at the station z-level because... wtf? This is like saying a ship shoots itself with its cannon; it is incredibly unlikely just physically speaking. Even more so unless the cannon is on a separate sat and somehow mobile. Angling to fire at the ground is relatively easier, to fire at the station or other space z-levels would require a great much more mobility out of the cannon/mass-driver, meaning more space or specialized equipment and more bloat.
Reece

Post by Reece » #189378

Wyzack wrote:These are all really cool ideas, but they would turn lavaland into a team based tribal expansion game
Yah, at that point it might be more practical to see if I can rope a few of my basement dwelling coder friends to their desktops and try to make aserver for that purpose alone.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #189379

See, what I always thought would be kind of cool would be if the miners had access to more shelter types that could be used to set up camps and bases around lavalands. Things like barracks containing personal lockers where they could safely store their extra loot, medical pods containing more advanced healing equipment like cryo tubes and additional sleepers, plus extra medical supplies, mech bays containing charging ports and tools for repairing mechs, and for a considerable price, supply pods with vendors and teleporters that allow them to quickly travel to and from cargo while also allowing additional personel to travel to lavalands giving bored crew members and late joining assistants an opportunity to take on roles around the camps.

Of course the problem with this is that rounds these days aren't really long enough to pull this off and it kind of takes the focus off the station and places it more on mining. Shit, at that point you might as well turn Lavalands into its own game. Plus I think most miners are more interested in finding ruins and fighting monsters than gathering ore.
TheColdTurtle
Byond Username: TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #189488

Reece wrote:-snip-
I agree with pretty much everything but the ash walker addiition, they are bullshit enough as is, with them able to spawn right after death and bring their buddies to rush you down. If we could do a thing where there is a cool down on the ash walkers spawning, then maybe add that stuff
Tornadium
Byond Username: Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #189514

Lavaland should stay as far away from security as possible.

Yeah sure let me just go exile that fucker to lavaland so he can go have fun collecting fun antag level gear. Get real Kor, exile is supposed to be a fucking punishment not what half the station runs to the HoP to get access to at round start.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #189552

If you give him nothing he will 100% die to everything on lavaland

The only thing he might be able to reliably kill is a legion but he'll struggle with that. Everything else kills him.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #189769

The thing about the permabrig is that when an officer permas or gulags the clown for no reason (or any other of the infinite range of extenuating circumstances) crop up, the HoS can go in and release him.
With drop pods they're just... gone. Which is fine and dandy if they deserve it, but since exiling someone is only 1 step removed from just killing them yourself it's either going to need strict admin oversight (which neither admins or players like) or strict in-game limitations such as requiring HoS/Captain access.
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #189779

Maybe Science can finally get... Xenoarchaeology.?
Ezel

Post by Ezel » #189792

Alex Crimson wrote:Maybe Science can finally get... Xenoarchaeology.?
On lavaland
The future is horrible!
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #189826

Cheridan wrote:The thing about the permabrig is that when an officer permas or gulags the clown for no reason (or any other of the infinite range of extenuating circumstances) crop up, the HoS can go in and release him.
With drop pods they're just... gone. Which is fine and dandy if they deserve it, but since exiling someone is only 1 step removed from just killing them yourself it's either going to need strict admin oversight (which neither admins or players like) or strict in-game limitations such as requiring HoS/Captain access.
I'm sorry how do you figure exile is one step away from killing?
Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #189829

>hit someone with a harmbaton
>they die

>exile someone to lavaland
>they die

wowww
actually if you just kill them on station they might get cloned afterwards whereas if they die on lavaland they're gone for good so exiling can be thought to be even worse

this is exactly what I mean when I say there need to be strict limitations. If people think that its somehow a light sentence then they'll be launching everyone down into the doom zone.
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #189832

Cheridan wrote:>hit someone with a harmbaton
>they die

>exile someone to lavaland
>they die

wowww
actually if you just kill them on station they might get cloned afterwards whereas if they die on lavaland they're gone for good so exiling can be thought to be even worse

this is exactly what I mean when I say there need to be strict limitations. If people think that its somehow a light sentence then they'll be launching everyone down into the doom zone.
I honestly don't think Lavaland is THAT lethal especially if you get lucky with where the pod drops.
Ezel

Post by Ezel » #189836

Or you just dig sand without danger
The future is horrible!
yackemflam
Byond Username: Yackemflam

Post by yackemflam » #189853

Reminder that the game should still be focused on the station. :^)
NSFW:
I will admit I was laughing pretty hard during your skit in the boxing ring. - seagrimr
Spoiler:
Playing on the server isn't something you're entitled to. There's an extremely small level of responsibiliy on your part to play hhundreds of hours of a free game run by fuckheads. - Stickymayhem
A retards guide on how to make a maxcap bomb in toxins.
NSFW:
You`ll need:
1-6 Plasma tanks 1-6 Oxygen tanks
1-6 tank transfer valve
2 Plasma canister
2 Oxygen canister
1 Yellow (empty) canister
Wrench
Toxins lab access
Science testing lab access

Grab a oxygen tank and a plasma tank and bring them to the testing lab.
Super cool the Oxygen and superheat the Plasma.

Clean out the oxygen and plasma tanks with a filter/pump.

Then you wrench and unwrench the plasma and oxygen tanks in toxins. It`s important tha you do it one at a time. Try to get a 85%plasma and 15% oxygen mix.

Once you have a good burn mix, pump the mix into the burn chamber and light it on fire. Wait 10 seconds for it to heat up and pump it into a yellow (empty) canister.

Quickly set the kpa output to 163 kpa and fill the tanks with the burn mix.

Take the oxygen tanks and fill it up with a 613kpa worth of oxygen FIRST then fill the rest with plasma, you should get well over 2000kpa in the end.

With the new atmos system you should wait 5-10 minutes for you tanks to bake.

Take a tank transfer valve, add a oxygen tank and a plasma tank to it. You should have a maxcap bomb. Have fun blowing up the station mining!
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #189858

yackemflam wrote:Reminder that the game should still be focused on the station. :^)
Reminder that the people who say this rarely put forward workable alternatives to expanding civillian play or their own code for doing so.
yackemflam
Byond Username: Yackemflam

Post by yackemflam » #189862

Kor wrote:
yackemflam wrote:Reminder that the game should still be focused on the station. :^)
Reminder that the people who say this rarely put forward workable alternatives to expanding civillian play or their own code for doing so.
Reminder that some people DO try to contribute but they get shutdown faster than a fanless CPU.

Reminder that making the game focused on lavaland is also NOT a good idea on multiple fronts.

Reminder that there are people who still wants to get greentext.

Reminder that there are people who still wants to at least TRY to keep the game balanced.

Reminder that I can still list more reminders.
NSFW:
I will admit I was laughing pretty hard during your skit in the boxing ring. - seagrimr
Spoiler:
Playing on the server isn't something you're entitled to. There's an extremely small level of responsibiliy on your part to play hhundreds of hours of a free game run by fuckheads. - Stickymayhem
A retards guide on how to make a maxcap bomb in toxins.
NSFW:
You`ll need:
1-6 Plasma tanks 1-6 Oxygen tanks
1-6 tank transfer valve
2 Plasma canister
2 Oxygen canister
1 Yellow (empty) canister
Wrench
Toxins lab access
Science testing lab access

Grab a oxygen tank and a plasma tank and bring them to the testing lab.
Super cool the Oxygen and superheat the Plasma.

Clean out the oxygen and plasma tanks with a filter/pump.

Then you wrench and unwrench the plasma and oxygen tanks in toxins. It`s important tha you do it one at a time. Try to get a 85%plasma and 15% oxygen mix.

Once you have a good burn mix, pump the mix into the burn chamber and light it on fire. Wait 10 seconds for it to heat up and pump it into a yellow (empty) canister.

Quickly set the kpa output to 163 kpa and fill the tanks with the burn mix.

Take the oxygen tanks and fill it up with a 613kpa worth of oxygen FIRST then fill the rest with plasma, you should get well over 2000kpa in the end.

With the new atmos system you should wait 5-10 minutes for you tanks to bake.

Take a tank transfer valve, add a oxygen tank and a plasma tank to it. You should have a maxcap bomb. Have fun blowing up the station mining!
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #189863

Cheridan wrote:The thing about the permabrig is that when an officer permas or gulags the clown for no reason (or any other of the infinite range of extenuating circumstances) crop up, the HoS can go in and release him.
We can just treat it akin to execution, if Joe McBeatCop goes out of his way to exile random innocent people they get thrown in the trash, it won't be a whole new situation really.
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Ezel

Post by Ezel » #189865

But Joe McBeatCop is a smert guy and charge gulag for every major crime since thats legit
The future is horrible!
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #189873

Shaps wrote:We can just treat it akin to execution, if Joe McBeatCop goes out of his way to exile random innocent people they get thrown in the trash, it won't be a whole new situation really.
Along with that, this situation could also develop into a cool rescue mission of sorts if people want to handle it that way
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #189896

Open map
Copy Box
Open lavaland
Paste
Add more lavaland z levels

Done
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #189899

oranges wrote:Open map
Copy Box
Open lavaland
Paste
Add more lavaland z levels

Done
RIP any department with exterior windows.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #189907

>fauna breaking in constantly
>lovely vista of ashstorms and that quaint river of lava outside escape while you enjoy a morning coffee and slip with the clown

honestly that's really appealing
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Reece

Post by Reece » #189939

New engine: Thermal pump and laser transmission.
A collection of 'lava fans' that generate power from being placed onto lava tiles that send power to a power laser station on lavaland that then beams the power as a laser up to a power satellite outside the engineering area in space. The more fans you have on lava tiles the power power it generates.

Features: Laser isgenerated by a 1x1 'focusing lens' the reciever on the other end at the station is a 3x3 machine that converts it into useable power, the machine lore wise is a bunch of mirrors and stuff that focus the laser onto one point. Emaging the end part just breaks it and the next person to go and use the machine to turn it on gets a superheated room from 'misaligned mirrors'
Emaging the focusing lens is better, it paints a line across the station and fires the laser across it, superheating the air, breaking glass, igniting people, real fun shit.

Focusing lens can be upgraded, starts off as normal glass which caps power generation at just enough to run the station, uranium increases output but makes the laser radioactive so as well as burning it also gives toxin damage, diamond makes a 'tightband' laser that destroys the floor along its path carving a dirty gash in the hull and gives more power, bluespace crystals make even more power but also teleport random monsters along the path it paints, adding chilled O2 tanks lets it paint 1 extra path per tank and increases the effeciency of all parts, adding space lube increases effeciency and means you need less of each material to upgrade the laser.

Summary.
New areas: Small lavaland building with shuttle for engineers, locker with electrical engineering gear, mining suit with orange stripe down the hood. Outside has three walkways out into a lavalake with pre-installed lava fans.
Small satellite with power generating gear and wire connection to SMES room.

New items: Lava fan: draggable machine that gets pushed into lava to generate power.
Focusing lens: 1x1 machine that takes power from lava fans and beams it up to the station.
Reciever station: Recieves power from focusing lens, wire connection to SMES.
Engineering explorer suit: Mining suit with an Orange stripe down the head and a high vis pattern on the chest.
Explorer engineering gloves: Heat resistant electrical gloves with oramge palms and black backs.
Engineering explorer pack: black backpack made for carrying tools, has orange hi vis straps.
Engineering explorer belt: Black toolbelt.

New uses for existing items: Uranium: makes the power laser transmit more power per second, but if emagged makes the rogue laser irradiate rooms.
Diamond: Increases power transmission cap, but when emagged lets the laser cut hulls.
Bluespace crystals: increases power but when emagged pops in monsters along the lasers path.
Cold O2 tanks (wearable): increases overall powergen, does nothing for power per tick.
Space lube: ^ Decreases mineral cost for adding in extra effects.

Power gen method: Base laser 'fires' (turns on) for five seconds every ten seconds dumping as much power as it can during thos five seconds. Adding minerals makes the amount shot in those seconds increase, adding lube and O2 tanks increases the time it fires for. The machine on auto has a safety limit that locks it at a ten second cooldown, an engineer can override that and fire as fast as he can hit the button, but that leaks superheated air/radiation every time it fires. When emagged the laser can be fire manually, bur can also be set to auto fire, letting the tator tot choose when to start carving up the station.

Inspiration: Complaints that sing is too round ending, tesla too easy to avoid via hardsuit+gloves.
This engine comes essentially pre-made, it generates decent power but only becomes real good when upgraded, using it for nefarious deeds will still cause horrible damage but won't end the round unless you put in the effort to make it superlethal, it's easy to get to via shuttle from engineering so it it does go lethal you can go and disable it with some effort making it more fightable than the sing, and it won't piss off into space at random after eating the AI.

Downsides: I cannot code.
It might never get used.
'Ash drakespawned in laser room, I ded pls restart.'

Lulszy additions: Drag a tesla/sing generator onto the laser makes the next shot beam an active telsa/sing to the station.
Add a beaker of iron and a sheet of uranium makes the laser paint an EMP effect across the station.
Putting a live clown in the laser makes the laser spawn space lube across its beam path. The mime makes everyone filled with mute toxin.
Spave carp plushie spawns carp across the beam path.
Ushanka hat spawns russians or bears.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #189944

>tesla/sing generator
Pussy. Try supermatter.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Reece

Post by Reece » #189948

DemonFiren wrote:>tesla/sing generator
Pussy. Try supermatter.
I do, I either get killed because some cock finds it funny to open the SM crate to make sure I actually had a real SM shard in there and not sonething they can steal, generally causing destruction. Or I get lynched by some greyshitt because power took two seconds longer than usual to come lonline.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #189960

Completely unrelated to previous post?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #189975

hijack the giant fucking laser would be a classic objective for a traitor AI

I mean it's straight out of system shock
Reece

Post by Reece » #189977

DemonFiren wrote:Completely unrelated to previous post?
I mis understood your post. I am a goof
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #189988

>engineering gets a orbital bombardment cannon
The XVK-45 subordinal twin core ionizing close orbit bombardment cannon is a 334mm kinetic projectile launching at speeds of over 3704k/ph and pushing out a force of over 14 kilotons apon subsurface impact. says the CE to the new engineer, while she sexually strokes the spinning fusion core of the glorious weapon.

yes pls.

also, how hard would it be to implement something on station that when destroyed, pulled the station out of orbit and made it crash into the lavaland z level.
Last edited by John_Oxford on Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #190055

Op item

400 TCs

Crashes this station with no survivors
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote: