Make loyalty implants actually matter.

A place to record your ideas for the game.

?

I'm google-bot! YAAAAY!
25%
You're fucking stupid
50%
You're a goddamn genius!
25%

Total votes: 16

Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Make loyalty implants actually matter.

Post by Falamazeer » #204752

Honestly, they just deconvert right now, or prevent converts, which make them a nerf for sec rather than a buff, as it just means the mob murders you rather than getting to be an antag.

As an implanted crewmember most people don't join the other side, they fuck around until they are re-converted or more likely killed.

I propose that silicon style laws should appear to anyone implanted in their notes, as well as a round start, or implant message instructing:

You have been implanted with a loyalty implant! You must follow orders from any legitimate authority, Captain, heads, or officers of security. unless those orders are not in the best interest of central command as a whole.
Your Captain is (Name)
Your HoP is (Name)
and so on and so forth until all those with authority are named.

then their will be a bit of a tug-o-war for the conversion modes. where security can reasonably expect that implanted people can safely be armed and expected to fight for their side.

It'll be a big change, but once people get the message much like silicon laws, it will make these conversion deconversion fights much less annoying for admins to administrate, and players to fight.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Re: Make loyalty implants actually matter.

Post by Screemonster » #204754

Cue security just roundstart implanting random crewmembers every round and ahelping them when they don't obey what would effectively be law 2 orders.

If someone wanted to be a bitch for a set of rigid inflexible laws that dictate that they have to follow orders or be banned they'd sign up as silicons.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #204767

Worst idea ever.
If I wanted someone to be obedient I'd Borg them.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #204768

There's making implants matter which I can get behind, and then there's this awful idea.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #204831

On the one hand this makes loyalty implants something with a lot of weight and importance behind them. On the other hand this is very open to abuse and shitty balancing wars.

If this idea was implemented it would need to be heavily overseen by the admins and the rules. Which is a whole can of worms.
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #204835

This is basically how old school implants used to work and people didn't like that because it was used to neuter antags (even though their entire point was to be used on antags)
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #204838

Make loyalty implants explosives.

You no follow order? You head go boom!

Detonated via a console in the HoS's office, which is DNA key locked to the Captain/HoS.
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #204839

Malkevin wrote:Make loyalty implants explosives.

You no follow order? You head go boom!

Detonated via a console in the HoS's office, which is DNA key locked to the Captain/HoS.
Captain and HoS are loyalty implanted, so it should be in the Captain's office unless it came with an irreversible permajobban to any HoS who thought he'd kill the Captain for snubbing him.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.