Security Academy

A place to record your ideas for the game.
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Security Academy

Post by John_Oxford » #206315

---
General Concept
---

Every couple of rounds a shuttle will dock at the bottom arrivals dock as a random event (semi-common, on the level with space carp/meteors/anomolies) or its admin spawned.
In order for the shuttle to launch, implanted security officers (people with that title and id access) must be strapped in, requires 4 sec to launch.

Brings them to a training center on the centcomm z-level where they get taught combat skills and procedures, in a way that's more gestapo than mall cop.
When you graduate, every time you play any security role, you will start the round with a academy ribbon and arm band in your box.

Ideally a admin would be the instructor (or you know, i'll be the instructor, cause im like, super robust)
In a perfect world, you would need a academy certification to play warden or HoS.

---
Special Ops
---

Being on the shuttle with four security officers who are already academy certified will take you to a seperate part of the same training facility, which is a special ops training facility, where you learn the super secrets of robust combat operations (like straffing/slipping/spamming tiles/smoke)

Graduating from special ops would change your normal sec jumpsuit into a black special ops turtleneck, which would have identical stats to the HoS's and look basically the same.

---
Certifications
---

The general academy certification is a thin gold arm band, and a medal that looks identical to the distinguished conduct medal.
The special ops certification is a thin bright red arm band (distinguishable from the generic sec red), and a medal that looks similar to the medal of captaincy and purple heart.

Certifications require renewal if you die.

Generally these would occur at round start, and take 20 minutes for the general certification, and 40 for the special ops certification.
I'll cover the entire training course program for both qualifications if this sounds feasable to goof.

----

EDIT:
Occasionally central command inspectors will come along to see if the special ops personnel are meeting the standards from their training, if they aren't, they'll revoke their certification by force.
General certifications generally won't be revoked, but security personnel who are actual physically fucking terrible at the game will have theirs revoked.

You can still play all the roles, this is really just quality control for security officers (IE: HoS would place trust in special ops qualified officers more so than uncertified officers)
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

cocothegogo
Byond Username: Cocothegog0

Re: Security Academy

Post by cocothegogo » #206317

this wouldnt work because this shuttle would only come occasionally

so you spend 20 minutes get your cirtificate band 1 great! then you try to go for your spec ops level but the shuttle only comes occasionally so you don't know when that will be and on top of that it's a 40 minute course

so to get spec ops you gotta finish it once, not die and wait for the next time the shuttle comes round IE never

it's like beards but except you're sec and you're basically painting a big red grief me above your head
Last edited by cocothegogo on Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #206318

I'm no suck up, and I think this idea is complete and utter bullshit memes, but I still would like some insight in how I could do my job better and be more robust. could you just do a tell-all and really let me know, rather than pitch a meme Idea you know will never go anywhere?

This comment is given with my full acknowledgement that you're more robust than I am.
You could really up my game, and I've been playing forever, So I'm asking you to actually apply yourself and... I dunno, rewrite spacelaw, or something. fuck.

I'm no coder like steelpoint, or a highminded idealist like gas-mask mook, What can I actually do to satisfy the cryhards and the realists of this community oxford?

I had a grasp a long time ago, but I burnt out, now I'm too out of touch to know what people want, and I know new security types can't make sense of it either, because If I can't they can't. Save us!

SAVE US!
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #206319

I'm asking you to write up a real security academy, and re-standardize the status quo.
It's a big job, and I know I can't do it, but you can.

Your sarcasm and bullshit aside I will read and follow what you write and provide feedback therof until you find a good middle ground between regular sec players, and the cucked shitlords of the crew until we find that golden answer I believe you can find.

Just do it man, Meme and shitpost until you find it!
Help me obi-wan-oxford!
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #206461

Falamazeer wrote:I'm asking you to write up a real security academy, and re-standardize the status quo.
It's a big job, and I know I can't do it, but you can.

Your sarcasm and bullshit aside I will read and follow what you write and provide feedback therof until you find a good middle ground between regular sec players, and the cucked shitlords of the crew until we find that golden answer I believe you can find.

Just do it man, Meme and shitpost until you find it!
Help me obi-wan-oxford!
aye aye cap'n

i'll rewrite space law over the weekend to be ass blastingly simple and robust.
i'll push a different concept with the academy because this was obviously ment to be a grif me armband
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.