give genetics some of botany's features

A place to record your ideas for the game.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

give genetics some of botany's features

Post by PKPenguin321 » #213526

IE the ones where botanists can isolate certain genes and transplant them to another set of genes. so if you have a power on block 5, you can save JUST block 5 and transplant it to another set of genes without changing resetting the rest of their blocks.

this is also a separate idea but it would be nice to have a better system than disks for this, or at least make disks quicker to use. perhaps link saved genes with the R&D server.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Re: give genetics some of botany's features

Post by Anonmare » #213531

Eh, that'd make it really too easy to become a genetically perfect superman. At least you have to do a little monkeying around if you only want a specific set of powers.

I would like Genetics to have a little more complexity, like splitting power blocks up to give different effects. Like the Cold Resistance block capable of giving you an Cold Resistance or Heat Resistance depending how high it is above 800 (And potentially being able to get both CR and HR if you get it in the "sweet spot"). It'd also make it attractive to upgrade Genetics machinery for more accurate and speedier re-sequencing.
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Re: give genetics some of botany's features

Post by Ezel » #214127

20 more powers when? 20 more disabilities when?
Gene stability getting worse and causing genetic damage if having to much unstabilizied powers when? Gene stabilizing when? Goon genetics when?
The future is horrible!