Make Xenobiology Cool

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Atticat
Byond Username: Atticat

Make Xenobiology Cool

Post by Atticat » #223357

Suggestion: Make Xenobiology its own department that breeds and researches EXOTIC and DANGEROUS space monsters that can break out of their chambers if not monitored correctly. Xenobiology was actually the first role I played because I had imagined it would be as I suggested rather than breeding idential-looking maplestory slimes. It perplexes me to this day nobody has really given attention to this.

Bae says, "IM starting to think Zeela is just an meme character that the admins have come up with to only piss everybody off"
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Re: Make Xenobiology Cool

Post by XDTM » #223363

Someone was working on inserting actual xenomorphs into xenobio, not sure if they're still doing it
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #223368

People like cute slimes.
see slime rancher.
私は完璧
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #223372

Remie Richards wrote:People like cute slimes.
see slime rancher.
Bastards stole my game.
Dagdammit
Byond Username: Dagdammit

Post by Dagdammit » #223387

I have a big Lavaland Compound proposal in the works, and Xenobio's part of it- because right now we have a crazy alien planet full of strange life forms and Xenobio gives exactly zero fucks.

Short version: Bring in tissue samples from Lavaland mobs. Xenobio analyzes them to make lazarus injectors for that species of mob, except they're called xeno injectors because reviving & taming the beast are just two of many custom effects xeno can unlock- stunning them, sedating them, dyeing them a custom color, making them sentient, giving them the ability to speak, etc.

Each effect requires a different slime extract to unlock, plus a high enough Analysis Level on the species in question. But once you've unlocked it, you've permanently cracked the formula; any Xeno Injector you make for use on that species can include that effect.
Limey
Byond Username: Limed00d

Post by Limey » #223472

anything that makes xenobio more fun and expansive is good shit in my books
Usually plays as Aya Shameimaru, Remilia Scarlet or Rumia Kuroda depending.
Spoiler:
NSFW:
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #223483

Yeah xeno should be way more focused around dealing with dangerous monster, like breeding xenos to harvest their organs (you CAN do this, but you need to win the gold slime lotto).

Actually going out to capture mobs would also be really cool.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Slettal
Byond Username: Slettal

Post by Slettal » #223489

The idea of hunting instead of breeding slimes sounds interesting, on lavaland or space monsters?
WJohnston
Byond Username: WJohnston

Post by WJohnston » #223497

Xenos in xenobio *is* a planned idea, but it won't be happening aaaany time soon.
Apparently I was an director or something.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #223520

As Xenobio god, I approve of this message under the pretense that we don't remove slimes. I love slimes.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
WJohnston
Byond Username: WJohnston

Post by WJohnston » #223598

Nah I'd like to have xenos and slimes to coexist. Not in the same pen mind you, but being able to use and combine their products to get new things out of them.

Case in point: Xeno queens producing royal jelly with their egg laying process. Scientists steal it (and probably eat it because it's GOOD SHIT) and then grind it down to the wonder chem inside. This wonder chem can be used in slime cores for new effects, or very high power versions of existing ones (massive explosion in oil core, guaranteed simple animal xenos from gold cores etc).
Apparently I was an director or something.
Dagdammit
Byond Username: Dagdammit

Post by Dagdammit » #223833

WJohnston wrote:Nah I'd like to have xenos and slimes to coexist. Not in the same pen mind you, but being able to use and combine their products to get new things out of them.
Would the system I talked about above work for you?
-People bring in tissue samples from goliaths (gibs in beaker give 1 point, hide plate gives 2 (doesn't stack with gibs or addl. plates from same specimen), intact corpse of the goliath gives 4 points).
-Jimmy Science at lavaland compound feeds samples to Destructive Tissue Analyzers (bulky portable devices like RPED). Use DTA on your Xeno Research Console to upload data & raise your Goliath Analysis Level. (remember to sync with R&D server!)
-Goliath Analysis Level is now 3, so Sally Scientist (who's been slime farming at station) takes a Yellow Slime Extract, loads it into that Xeno Research Console, and consumes it to unlock the Stun formula for use in Goliath Xeno Injectors.

Sally: "Okay, just unlocked the goliath stun formula."
Jimmy: "Thanks."
Jimmy: "I'm at the injector fabrication thing, not seeing it?"
Sally: "I hadn''t synced yet, check again."
Jimmy: "Ok got it, awesome. I'll give these to the miners. They asked for Watcher stun too, do you have another yellow slime?"
Sally: "Plenty. Just got pink slimes too, we can do Uplift injectors once analysis is level 5."
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #223886

At what point are we just going to cut 'space' from 'Space Station 13' and just move the station to Lavaland all together?
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #223891

But if we make xenobiology cool, the slimes might freeze to death!
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
letshavecake
Byond Username: Letshavecake

Post by letshavecake » #223897

This is a great idea only so long as the new items include more potions and psuedo-magic, because those are awesome
Could also rope botany into it, with unique and/or dangerous plantlife growing only when in ash plots and exposed to heat, would be like how regular R&D already depends on mining, except better since both jobs are comfy
Davidchan wrote:At what point are we just going to cut 'space' from 'Space Station 13' and just move the station to Lavaland all together?
You say that as if it's not an interesting idea and some people don't already want it
Kel-the-Oblivious
Byond Username: Kel the Oblivious

Post by Kel-the-Oblivious » #223924

Dragging this over from another thread from ages past

Just throwing out a bunch of random hostile mob implant ideas. Give them a random drop on each respective mob, so keep miners from coming back as super implanted horrors, but still leave the possibility.

Goliath Sinew: Lets user throw out a single goliath tentacle, medium cooldown
Goldgrub Guts: Allows user to eat ore and spit out refined metal. Can also eat regular walls.
Watcher Eye: Gives user long cool down Ice Beam attack. Cuts through an hardsuit or cold protection.

Xeno claws (useless as it stands) Grant user +5 brute melee attack plus bleeding, can not use guns in that hand. Implanting both hands grants +15 brute damage, and counts as insulated gloves
Space Bear Arms: Gives use "Bear Arms" and adds brute damage to choking, and +5 brute damage on attacks. Replaces basic punch/kick emote with "practices their rights to bear arms!"
Carp: Carpotoxin gland. LOW drop
Megacarp: Increased carpotoxin gland drop
Magicarp: Fireball gland
Chaos Carp: Chaos Bolt gland

Spider: Spinnerets. Allows silk production, and protects against being stuck in silk
Morphling: Bottomless stomach. You gain the morphling's ability to eat anything, and may vomit it ALL back up at once.
Faithless: Arm Blade. Gain a changeling arm blade. Forever.
Bees: Stingers: Replace punch with sting. Causes minor toxic damage with histamin, and gives the "You feel a slight prick" notification.
Hivebot: Gun arm: Replace your arm with a gun! Consumes nutriment to make bullets, and is about as effective as the detective's gun, but without the stamina damage.
"Crate": Mimic skin. Like chameleon projector, but only for crates and lockers
Syndicate Operative: Syndicate implant. Lets you use syndicate pinned equipment freely.
Syndicate Commando: Random Operative Implant, be is Adreneal, Thermal Optics, Reviver, etc. Pray you get an uplink implant
Space Wizard: No idea. Maybe magic crystals you can use to recharge wands? Or make wands if you get enough of them. Or Staves if you get A LOT of them. Like. ALOT.
Brainslug: Organ that grants chem storage, and one random changeling power.

Skeletons: Replacement limbs. Turns you into a skeleton, piece by piece.
Ice Skeleton: Into a COLD skeleton, piece by piece.
Undead Crusader: Good enough.
"Trees": Sap gland. You don't suffer bloodloss.
Zombies: Organ that makes you a sentient zombie.
Bubblegum: True Demon Heart. Gives you bloodwalk, increased brute damage and damage reduction. Requires organ transplant.
"Creature" Eldritch Organ: Random chest implant. Any kind
Blobbernaught Gland: Damage increase, and damage reduction based on damage type of blob.
Colossus: S2 organ, provides force field ala Shielded Syndicate armor

Suddenly, a reason to make huge swarms of random mob spawned from golds, outside of praying for a headslug or a magicarp with polymorph.
The master splicer, the bitch queen of mining, and some crazy ligger peddling you medicinal marijuana.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:Kel is a genuine Cool Oldfag
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #223996

Add in control bolts to make aggressive mobs passive, add in surgery on all mobs, add in butchers nails to drive Ian into a killing rage
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #224422

Dagdammit wrote:
WJohnston wrote:Nah I'd like to have xenos and slimes to coexist. Not in the same pen mind you, but being able to use and combine their products to get new things out of them.
Would the system I talked about above work for you?
-People bring in tissue samples from goliaths (gibs in beaker give 1 point, hide plate gives 2 (doesn't stack with gibs or addl. plates from same specimen), intact corpse of the goliath gives 4 points).
-Jimmy Science at lavaland compound feeds samples to Destructive Tissue Analyzers (bulky portable devices like RPED). Use DTA on your Xeno Research Console to upload data & raise your Goliath Analysis Level. (remember to sync with R&D server!)
-Goliath Analysis Level is now 3, so Sally Scientist (who's been slime farming at station) takes a Yellow Slime Extract, loads it into that Xeno Research Console, and consumes it to unlock the Stun formula for use in Goliath Xeno Injectors.

Sally: "Okay, just unlocked the goliath stun formula."
Jimmy: "Thanks."
Jimmy: "I'm at the injector fabrication thing, not seeing it?"
Sally: "I hadn''t synced yet, check again."
Jimmy: "Ok got it, awesome. I'll give these to the miners. They asked for Watcher stun too, do you have another yellow slime?"
Sally: "Plenty. Just got pink slimes too, we can do Uplift injectors once analysis is level 5."
This is literally just RnD which is massively shit and this would have even worse rewards lmao
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #224432

>Implying scientists would just give stuff like powers to the miners
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.