Dork Souls - Librarians leave notes & get upvotes

A place to record your ideas for the game.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Dork Souls - Librarians leave notes & get upvotes

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #234109

The book system at the moment is sloppy with the infinite recopies of WGW that nobody reads. A rehaul with a point system and better referencing would be in everbody's not least to say the librarians.

Some ideas

> Librarians have the ability to use a special tool (some kind of grafting paper) to leave detailed notes on floors for people to examine when they are atleast 1 tile away (usually drawing people into shitty traps) but librarians can read them at any distance.

> Some ruins already have these floor grafts, and some ruin grafts are written in a indecipherable language, librarians can read these easily and use their (graft tool) to draw over a correct translation for everybody to read. Librarians themselves can also draw deliberately in a undecipherable language if they are a traitor.

> One such application is reading ayy statues, to which the librarian with their expert knowledge will be able to read all the LOOOOORE attached to otherwise innacessible objects.

> Good/popular books are referenced faster in the book archive and are presented first while the bad ones after they recieve enough downvotes are eventually removed, and put up to review by admins/staff whether to remove or archive to the very bottom. Certain books can recieve a centcom gold seal sleeve & a special sprite (or custom sprites via coderbus)

Im probably talking bullshit or mis-referencing the tool i am meaning to say when i say 'graft' but the idea still stands for being able to etch down notes via the application of a tool and admend already existing ones, as well as add a point scoring system to library functions.

Ultimately librarians and independent authors should be REWARDED for the books that they publish with good/amusing content and made more accessible to share.

Spoiler:
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: Dork Souls - Librarians leave notes & get upvotes

Post by Cobby » #234110

is this a shitpost or an unironic shitpost?
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #234111

>removing books from the archive
fuck that noise
all history must be archived not only the history that you like
awarding books for being read a lot might b cool though
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #234117

danno wrote:>removing books from the archive
fuck that noise
all history must be archived not only the history that you like
awarding books for being read a lot might b cool though
We remove them anyway, or atleast remove them off the non-emagged archive or something.

> Nobody is going to downvote WGW into not existing, and hence thats why books are pushed for staff revision before destruction, perhaps we could just move them into some kind of off game storage.

> Despite what you say, some books really do either have (literally) no content, are mistakes or are just plain bad clutter.

Spoiler:
Dagdammit
Byond Username: Dagdammit

Post by Dagdammit » #234250

shit books, like literally waste of time half a sentence of text books, should go no question. SOME kind of rating system is necessary. The not-shit stuff needs a way to rise to top.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #234264

History is written by the winners, and the clown of course.

Spoiler:
Iatots
Byond Username: Iatots
Github Username: Iatots

Post by Iatots » #234373

Ghost role: elder bookworm
You play an old man in a space monastery containing the old space worm, a central bookcase, a golden bookcase and an altar. The central bookcase spawns a book once clicked on, with a 1-5 minutes timer depending on the book's word count. Once you are done reading a book, you can either put it on the altar, or feed it to the worm. Books set on the altar gain score, while those fed to the centipede will lose score. Once a book reaches a certain score, it will either turn golden upon being placed on the altar, or be shat by the worm. Books the worm does not digest get deleted, golden books can be read on the intercom by the elder bookworm and placed in the golden bookcase, for future reading. It could also spawn the book randomly on the station's tables.

You could also just give the librarian kindles with +/- buttons, but that would be less fun.
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #234374

>shitposting librarians downvoting masterpieces for the lols
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #234435

Arctophylax wrote a very informative and in character overview of possible augmentations that was really good, i used to request the librarian make me copies and I would leave them around the station
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster