Endgame Events/Supermatter Cascade

A place to record your ideas for the game.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Endgame Events/Supermatter Cascade

Post by kevinz000 » #245035

Porting SM cascade from /VG/station
Basically it's when the universe ends due to Supermatter cascading instead of blowing up. On VG it is triggered when a singularity eats a big shard (not the cargo one)
However we don't have xenoarch here and I'd like to make it very hard to trigger so antags don't do this round start
As well as a way to stop it before it is too late

Basically I need any ideas related to how to trigger a cascade
How to stop a cascade
And what it will do.

Originally it was going to involve a power transmission laser to trigger but I'm not working on that much so it's going to be made before PTLS get made.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Re: Endgame Events/Supermatter Cascade

Post by Remie Richards » #245038

on vg there is no stop to the cascade (you just jump in the totally-not-a-re-skinned-singularity "portal" to escape)
also how would it be "endgame" if you can stop it mekhi? cmon now.

"what it will do"
well it's the supermatter cascade, port it as it is, supermatter walls appear and spread until everything's supermatter.
私は完璧
TribeOfBeavers
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TribeOfBeavers

Post by TribeOfBeavers » #245041

It could be interesting to have mutiple stages to it, where the effects get more intense and dangerous as it gets closer to ending the universe or whatever.

Maybe have it create a bunch of anomalies around the station that need to be disarmed in time, otherwise the cascade happens. The longer you take, the more spawn.

As for what it does if you fail to disarm it, I guess that depends on how dangerous you want it to be. Is it like a nuke that instantly ends the round? Or something that forces a shuttle call?
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #245045

Remie Richards wrote:on vg there is no stop to the cascade (you just jump in the totally-not-a-re-skinned-singularity "portal" to escape)
also how would it be "endgame" if you can stop it mekhi? cmon now.

"what it will do"
well it's the supermatter cascade, port it as it is, supermatter walls appear and spread until everything's supermatter.
Eh I'm feeling very hugboxy ^_^
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #245046

TribeOfBeavers wrote:It could be interesting to have mutiple stages to it, where the effects get more intense and dangerous as it gets closer to ending the universe or whatever.

Maybe have it create a bunch of anomalies around the station that need to be disarmed in time, otherwise the cascade happens. The longer you take, the more spawn.

As for what it does if you fail to disarm it, I guess that depends on how dangerous you want it to be. Is it like a nuke that instantly ends the round? Or something that forces a shuttle call?
The "bad ending" is the universe unravels and everyone dies.
The "good ending" if I decide to make one is the crew somehow stops it but ehhh it's hugboxy lol
Goal of the crew however is to escape via the portal.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #245048

Isn't the cascade triggered when the SM crystal delaminates?
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #245053

D&B wrote:Isn't the cascade triggered when the SM crystal delaminates?
Naaah then it'd happen on a round by round basis lol.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #245054

kevinz000 wrote:
no it wouldn't because we don't have the crystal, we only have the shard.
:^)
私は完璧
D&B

Post by D&B » #245059

kevinz000 wrote:
Crystal
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Whoisthere
Byond Username: Whoisthere

Post by Whoisthere » #245326

Remie Richards wrote: well it's the supermatter cascade, port it as it is, supermatter walls appear and spread until everything's supermatter.
Do it please.
Imagine: supermatter cascade happens. Walls turn to supermatter. Doors turn to supermatter. FLOORS turn to supermatter, you can only move around the station without turning to ash if the gravity's off. Even then you bump into a wall, you die. You push off, you die. You throw your pen to float to escape, the pen hits the wall, turns to ash AND THE WALL STARTS DELAMINATING.

DO IT
Sad elegy
Highly suitable for use in funerals
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #245329

The reason the universe dies after delamination is lag
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #245774

Subsystem for endgame stuff is semi finished but can probably use tweaks. Right now I'm just coding effects and deciding whether it'll be able to be stopped and coder spriting.
If someone could get me sprites for space tiles parallax space backgriunds, sound effects, and visual effects that'd be awesome.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #245777

There is no hidden supermatter level.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
D&B

Post by D&B » #261074

Shilling this again
Spoiler:
fuck you
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #261102

D&B wrote:Shilling this again
im way too busy to be coding this better luck with someone else.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #261116

TribeOfBeavers wrote:It could be interesting to have mutiple stages to it, where the effects get more intense and dangerous as it gets closer to ending the universe or whatever.

If we're going the vg route it should basically be the nuke because well, the universe is fucked. I think lore wise with vg it apparently sends out a massive emp that kills everyone at Centcomm too so there's no hope for a shuttle.

As for ideas for the stages, I've got like a three stage idea

Stage 1: An aurora appears around the SM shard and lightning starts shooting out of it that zig zags through the z level. Anything it hits is critted instantly. To make it not complete bullshit though you'd have a bit of warning in that a small beam of energy will appear along the path the lightning chain will take and a small humming noise will play a second before it actually hits.

Stage 2: A loud rumble will play throughout the station once the crystal hits this point. A massive ring of energy will fly from the SM shard spanning across the entire z level. Anything hit by it is killed instantly although you can reduce the effect to a small amount of damage if you lay down. The effects of the first stage still persist during this though so don't lay down in the path of a lightning chain like an idiot

Stage 3: Game over, everyone's fucked. There's no stopping it now. The shard explodes killing anyone nearby and Bluespace tiles quickly spread across the station, destroying anyone and anything they touch until the entire z level is covered. Once the entire z level is covered a special game over screen plays (could just be the entire screen filled with Bluespace tiles as a placeholder) and everyone, regardless of what z-level they're on dies.

As for stopping it, it could be disarmed in the same way you disarm anomalies. The catch would be that in addition to all the crazy shit emitting from the crystal, the aurora surrounding it would be EXTREMELY radioactive and kill anyone standing in it in a matter of seconds without proper radiation protection equipment, although you might just have enough time to scan it and call out the frequency before you die if you can't get the proper gear and feel like being a hero.

Once disarmed, the stage effects will fade away as the cycle reverses until they stop completely. Then everyone can hit the bar and get completely loaded to celebrate the fact that they literally just saved the entire fucking universe and most likely to cope with the combat fatigue from diving and dodging their way through and under countless waves and beams of energy.
Selea
Byond Username: Serpentarium

Post by Selea » #376197

I think, that singulo just should become sufficiently bigger, start to open random portals and zap everything with huge chain lightnings.
But basically it isn't game or universe end.you can even use it as reactor if you are crazy enought.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #376324

Selea wrote:I think, that singulo just should become sufficiently bigger, start to open random portals and zap everything with huge chain lightnings.
But basically it isn't game or universe end.you can even use it as reactor if you are crazy enought.
This is called "The tesla" and its already a thing.
EagleWiz
Byond Username: EagleWiz

Post by EagleWiz » #376325

cedarbridge wrote: This is called "The tesla" and its already a thing.
I'd call it "thread necromancy" and it's been dead for three years. I ... don't think this is gonna get coded.
Selea
Byond Username: Serpentarium

Post by Selea » #376405

1.No, It isn't tesla.It is unholy chimaera of SM, singulo and tesla.
gravitation and radiation from singulo.
lightnings from tesla.
anomalies and hallucinations from SM.
2.Yes, it is necromancy.As I said before, if you can do something to encourage black messes,dark arts and crossing the Veil, you should do it.
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #376853

zzzzz code universal_state already so i can port meteors over to it or something :^)