Traitor Facehugger Item

A place to record your ideas for the game.
tempchar1
Byond Username: Tempchar1

Traitor Facehugger Item

Post by tempchar1 » #27282

If you are a traitor, you have an option to buy a facehugger for 7 telecrystals

The facehugger comes to you injected with chemicals that render it paralyzed. The facehugger only becomes active when it is manually placed on a victims face, whether it be your own or someone elses
The facehugger contains a mega adhesive that will make it unable to be removed by anything short of surgery, this means that someone who finds a dead body in maint will know if something is fishy...
The victim can recover from the initial facehug stun if they are not dead, surgery can then have the larva removed.

The advanced life detectors on the station will mean that once a person is facehugged, a status update will be sent to the station indicating of unknown lifesigns

If you or your victim manages to be untouched long enough, a larva will pop out and can now spread the alien menace. If you use the facehugger on yourself, you still have to have luck that you pop out as the larva. This is so people can't just facehug themself whenever they are traitor for free garuanteed alium.

The point of this item is to either spark a shuttle call, divert the station into going on an alien hunt, or prepare for the lategame by having aliens kill everyone while risking yourself in the process

It also gives a chance for aliens which some people will hate and some people will love
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Re: Traitor Facehugger Item

Post by Ezel » #27286

this should be 10 telecrystals
since aliens fuck everything up in their way
and 1 alien can produce alot aliens so its a great advantage item
The future is horrible!
tempchar1
Byond Username: Tempchar1

Post by tempchar1 » #27300

yeah sounds better
if your alien larva dies or gets surgically removed, 10 tc for nothing
if it survives even with all the warnings, aliens galore
now you have to survive and greentext
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #27301

One traitor shouldn't be able to end a round in ten minutes by applying an item to themselves and waiting a few minutes in a good spot.

This isn't a good idea.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #27308

Stickymayhem wrote:This isn't a good idea.
Yup, /thread.
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #27355

This has been suggested a few times. I still agree that giving Traitors access to Aliens is a bad idea. Its just too much.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #27373

You know it sounds temptingly fun. This is an incredibly bad idea though. Near round start xeno's anyone?
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #27375

I wish there were more Xeno infestations at roundstart. But id rather it have its own game mode for that, rather than giving it to Traitors.
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #27401

cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #27574

Alex Crimson wrote:I wish there were more Xeno infestations at roundstart. But id rather it have its own game mode for that, rather than giving it to Traitors.
After seeing nothing but xeno infestations for the last 6+ rounds I can remember in the last 24 hours, fuck Xenos.
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #27575

cedarbridge wrote:
Alex Crimson wrote:I wish there were more Xeno infestations at roundstart. But id rather it have its own game mode for that, rather than giving it to Traitors.
After seeing nothing but xeno infestations for the last 6+ rounds I can remember in the last 24 hours, fuck Xenos.

Blame Firecage and his away mission having a facehugger. That combined with the long Taitor/Ling rounds which results in admins spawning Xenos to end it.

This is why its a terrible idea to have facehuggers available to the players. They love Xeno infestations so much that they get hugged on purpose. In Mining its fine because finding the hugger on the asteroid is completely random chance.

I still enjoy Xenos though, so whatever. Yeah there have been more Xeno rounds, but they dont always overrun the station. Many times the station eradicates them. Especially if R&D is on the ball with lasers.
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #27640

Xeno rounds are fun once in a while, but they should be somewhat uncommon.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Post by firecage » #27641

>Implying I made an awaymission to begin with
Rose-chan

Post by Rose-chan » #27643

Out of curiosity, would it be any more viable if summoned a single hunter xeno to cause panic?
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #27644

Rose-chan wrote:Out of curiosity, would it be any more viable if summoned a single hunter xeno to cause panic?
>summon hunter
>get dunked by hunter

best traitor item

the hunter would just get dunked and people would meta seeing a single hunter out in the halls as being traitor-spawned, probably.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #28163

Violaceus wrote:Make it costs 11 TC.

All problems solved.
Not a bad idea actually.

Admins can reward players with additional TC's in game. So encouraging players to do their objectives and somehow contact the Syndicate (Hint: Do that by emagging the Communications Console) to get more TCs.
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #28172

Steelpoint wrote:

All problems solved.
Not a bad idea actually.

Admins can reward players with additional TC's in game. So encouraging players to do their objectives and somehow contact the Syndicate (Hint: Do that by emagging the Communications Console) to get more TCs.
Or make it like if you completed one of your objectives
You get as reward 1 tc
The future is horrible!
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #28177

Steelpoint wrote:

All problems solved.
Not a bad idea actually.

Or just ask admins for facehugger?

We have enough aliens already. Seriously, every extended round is alien.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #28350

To be fair that is because of the alien update. Like all new content it will die down.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls