Hulk & growth hormone replacement = Ogre species

A place to record your ideas for the game.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Hulk & growth hormone replacement = Ogre species

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #292507

WIP sprite i suppose.

With a pernamently stupid transfixed expression on its face because of its low intelligence, the ogre is a product of genetics (or wild ogre tribes if you're really inclined to do that sort of thing) that actually inhibits a 34 by 64 sprite, a large lumbering creature it is persistently hungry and (sorry just quickly copy pasting your idea MMMiracles, i have no shame) can physically starve to death & heal & feel other effects by eating, its appendix is actually a second stomach in which stores nutriment. They are always already fat (allowing them to eat monkeys raw) but are never full, making them the precisely perfect gluttons for pleasure or purpose.

As for a actual replacement for hulk, ogres can only respond in howling shouts and are very strong, however they are not totally stun resistant and they are slow except for when they are most well fed (the lower end of being fed for a normal carbon induces slowness which is the ogre's regular, a ogre that is feeling vibrant is able to tap into its full strength with stun resistances & normal carbon speed), they have above average health making them particularly dangerous, but not overblown as a ogre in captivity kept off meals or force fed dieting agents will weaken considerably.

> Ogres lose food quicker by using their benefits, stun resistance & running (as opposed to walking deliberately) will make the stomach counter tick down, ogres also lose nutriment every time they punch, this stalls and stops when ogres are running low on food & can only throw normal carbon punches eventually wearing themselves out when they go on a rampage without taking refreshments.

> Growth hormone is fun but its extremely impractical for what it does, while this 32x64 sprite has a consistent HUGE hitbox

Wild ogres eat anything that moves, and will violently gorge on creatures & miners in their path, before dragging them back to their lair and cooking them up into meals, common favourites like brain burgers, eyeball soup etc. Legend has it the veal render is actually a lost Ogre artifact of immense power when one of their cooks cut open time & space looking for a meal but were immediately slaughtered by a globular morphing creature.
If MMI miracles wants to go small then i feel the need to go BIG!

Spoiler:
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Hulk & growth hormone replacement = Ogre species

Post by oranges » #292514

I don't care what happens but this sprite must get in the game
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #292518

Because its non human proportions its probably going to need unique clothes, so i was thinking of ogres only being able to wear clothes pulled down (some jumpsuits) and ties, not sure on hats. This also balances the ogre on armor values because Hulks can't wear armor either.

Just give wild ogres a big loincloth and its fine, they can craft a bone talisman for a little trinket themselves.

Spoiler:
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #292523

Reminds me of Mother 3 Claymen
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #292530

Its not actually grey, thats just a attempt to grayscale.

Spoiler:
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #292535

Just let them only be able to wear basic colored jumpsuits to save time spriting.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #292667

Dr_bee wrote:Just let them only be able to wear basic colored jumpsuits to save time spriting.
I would have like to have thought that for a lack of a jumpsuit, these ogres have loincloths to account for their nakedness without obviously clumsily making underwear or reusing those assets.

Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #292714

Make the ogre only occur when you get all the superpowers so the ogre has justification for being really strong

And then make it really strong
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #292751

Armhulen wrote:Make the ogre only occur when you get all the superpowers so the ogre has justification for being really strong

And then make it really strong
Its a swap out for hulk, not a simply buffed version of it, a refactor of hulks existing qualities onto a unique race which is also human subspecies restricted, so there's been not a lot of change beside physically turning into another sprite rather than turning green.

> So hulk manlets that are both strong and small don't exist because the strength & shortness are distinct genetic traits between the dwarf & ogre subspecies.

Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #292755

But we SHOULD HAVE REALLY STRONG OGRES
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #292766

Armhulen wrote:But we SHOULD HAVE REALLY STRONG OGRES
Yeah, but that's detailed in the OP, when they are well fed and are feeling vibrant ogres have hulk like strength.
FantasticFwoosh wrote:
> Ogres lose food quicker by using their benefits, stun resistance & running (as opposed to walking deliberately) will make the stomach counter tick down, ogres also lose nutriment every time they punch, this stalls and stops when ogres are running low on food & can only throw normal carbon punches eventually wearing themselves out when they go on a rampage without taking refreshments.
As to say on a full tank (though the ogre can over-eat as it pleases) the ogre is fast and slings around punches but runs out of steam, rather than just being permastrong so there's a mechanic behind it. It can probably beat up a department but by the end of it its going to be feeling emancipated without a snack halfway and show its weaknesses for being slow.

Ogres are also unable to use guns, wear armor (though i do have a few thoughts on how to fit armor onto the 32x64 sprite with its unique proportions) etc.

Spoiler:
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #292784

someone just code it a maintainer already approved it wew
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes