Visiting Ships

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Shadowizard
Byond Username: Shadowizard23

Visiting Ships

Post by Shadowizard » #298965

We should have various shuttles that come to the station as a normal event. It would be in the vein of the cargo shuttle, except the shuttles would contain actual players drawn from the ghost pool. After a certain amount of time, the shuttle leaves with it's crew and thus despawns and the crew becomes ghosts once more. I haven't been able to come up with a good incentive to leave on the shuttles, though a simple addition to the rules may be enough. We've been adding a lot of ghost roles recently, and these would be part of that. Possibly the shuttles and the characters on them could be saved, and when the game calls for a shuttle of the same type in the same round you get the same players, characters etc. back. Possibly the people on the shuttles could sign a contract with NT and join the crew (A job for the lawyer?). I'm anticipating resistance on the account that most ghost roles so far have been isolated from the crew whether by lavaland or by drone laws. However, it's not all that different than coming back as a posi brain or xeno critter. I think a few ideas for shuttle could be: NT inspector, Space Bikers (one has to be named Lobo though), Religious groups to try and recruit, Space cops looking for a randomly-named crewmen to arrest, etc. Maybe the shuttle event could only happen after the round had gone on for a while to ensure enough ghosts and to shake things up a little. The shuttle crews should be around 3-5. If taken to the extreme, it could cycle the dead players so there's always a chance to do something when dead.
Adam Twelve
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Re: Visiting Ships

Post by captain sawrge » #298966

Read the topic as visiting shaps. Didn't read the op. Hth
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #298978

Sounds pretty cool, fund it
Haevacht
Byond Username: Capital_H

Post by Haevacht » #298979

captain sawrge wrote:Read the topic as visiting shaps. Didn't read the op. Hth
how do you visit a cloud
1% of a coder, 2% of a spriter, 97% >:3c

Random name on Bagel, usually assistant.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #299011

Haevacht wrote:
captain sawrge wrote:Read the topic as visiting shaps. Didn't read the op. Hth
how do you visit a cloud
You fly up to it, duh.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #299099

>space cops
>try to arrest me
ok but make sure they don't get security protection so i can beat the shit out of them kkthx
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #299120

kevinz000 wrote:>space cops
>try to arrest me
ok but make sure they don't get security protection so i can beat the shit out of them kkthx
Alternatively make it so an escape pod containing a fugitive crashes somewhere on the station and the space cops show up a little afterwards with the objective to capture him.
Catching the fugitive and transporting him away on the space cop's ship gets the space cops green text and nets the station a bunch of supply points. If the fugitive is captured alive (or if he commits suicide/ghosts) they get a bonus too and the space cops get the BADASS greentext.
Professor Hangar
Byond Username: Professor Hangar

Post by Professor Hangar » #299975

Cruise ship with drunken tourists wielding cameras and demanding a genuine cultural experience. (lots of food and booze)

A rich space asshole's yacht visiting with their bodyguards and staff.

Space combie van full of hippies.

Flying saucer with (theoretically) friendly ayy diplomats.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #299978

I was a Space Trader once. I got people to steal shit in exchange for memes and contraband.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #299994

billionare arms dealer trying to sell bluespace cannons and syndicate mechs to the captain and hos

if the deal is accepted the next shuttle is a NT inspector

if the NT inspector sees illegal weaponry and escapes back onto his shuttle a deathsquad is deployed
if a NT inspector sees illegal weaponry and dies before making it back to the shuttle, central command believes he stayed for a extended period as a on board inspector
if a NT inspector does not see illegal weaponry and dies before making it back to the shuttle a deathsquad is deployed
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #299999

Make it require a sample of the merchandise or photographic evidence.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #300017

Fund this
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Professor Hangar
Byond Username: Professor Hangar

Post by Professor Hangar » #300110

John_Oxford wrote:billionare arms dealer trying to sell bluespace cannons and syndicate mechs to the captain and hos

if the deal is accepted the next shuttle is a NT inspector

if the NT inspector sees illegal weaponry and escapes back onto his shuttle a deathsquad is deployed
if a NT inspector sees illegal weaponry and dies before making it back to the shuttle, central command believes he stayed for a extended period as a on board inspector
if a NT inspector does not see illegal weaponry and dies before making it back to the shuttle a deathsquad is deployed
The NT Inspector is stated to be arriving undercover, resulting in the captain and sec detaining the next greyshirt to arrive on the shuttle and bribe him to say nothing is wrong.

Just as they've finished bribing him to the gills and sending him off, the NT Inspector's arrival is announced.