Make mining outpost public

A place to record your ideas for the game.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Make mining outpost public

Post by CPTANT » #333477

Lets make the mining outpost publicly accessible!

That way mining becomes less of a completely isolated job, the mining outpost gets more use and frequently used mining shuttles open up all sort of traitor opportunities like pushing people off halfway the flight.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Re: Make mining outpost public

Post by AnonymousNow » #333511

I'd be okay with this, so long as you'd still need access to reach it through cargo bay.

This opens up the possibility of the mining station being haunted by creatures beyond the basalt, other than golems.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #333518

Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #333526

The problem being that once you are able to use the public mining dock, you cant fly to the mining base and use the facilities.
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #333527

What exactly are you looking to use, besides the ORM? (I asked to have an ORM placed at the Aux Base, but was shot down)
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #333554

add a quantum pad to mining and replace gateway with another quantum pad then remove door restrictions.

The problem with aux is you have to get someone to put in cords which most of the time never happens in a round.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #333556

If too many players leave for mining people will cry about the station being empty like they did when players figured out that dying on away missions was more fun than waiting to be shot by a traitor back on station
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #333578

Kor wrote:If too many players leave for mining people will cry about the station being empty like they did when players figured out that dying on away missions was more fun than waiting to be shot by a traitor back on station
I agree
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #333579

Just ask for Construction access from the HoP.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #333849

ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:The problem with aux is you have to get someone to put in cords which most of the time never happens in a round.
You can launch it to a random spot as well. Use the "Blind Drop" option.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #333851

Super Aggro Crag wrote:
Kor wrote:If too many players leave for mining people will cry about the station being empty like they did when players figured out that dying on away missions was more fun than waiting to be shot by a traitor back on station
I agree
But mining is directly connected to the station then and it is the place that is now completely deserted.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.